Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Anyone else watching Black Panther today??
    I did. Well done but far from my favorite film in the Marvel universe... 7/10 for me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

sounds about what I am expecting from it
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

7/10 for me too. It's a solid Marvel film, but far from the masterpiece the hype machine is painting it as.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I also saw Black Panther. It's not my favorite, but I definitely think it's "Top Tier" for Marvel. I also see where the reviewers are coming from. It's kinda a breath of fresh air when compared to so many of the marvel movies lately. So while it may not be my favorite, it's certainly up there. I'm not very good at rating these things, but if the scale was just rating the Marvel movies against each other, it's probably a 8 or 9 for me. So probably top 5. In no particular order Iron Man, Captain America Winter Soldier, Avengers, Thor Ragnarok, and Black Panther (I think). I'm expecting to see it again this weekend (oh the joys of moviepass) so we'll see how it holds up the 2nd time.

Edit: This all said my rankings tend to shift around with each movie that comes out, but Iron Man, Winter Soldier, and Avengers have never been knocked out of my top 5.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Waiting to see BP next week with Rose, woot woot!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I also saw Black Panther. It's not my favorite, but I definitely think it's "Top Tier" for Marvel. I also see where the reviewers are coming from. It's kinda a breath of fresh air when compared to so many of the marvel movies lately. So while it may not be my favorite, it's certainly up there. I'm not very good at rating these things, but if the scale was just rating the Marvel movies against each other, it's probably a 8 or 9 for me. So probably top 5. In no particular order Iron Man, Captain America Winter Soldier, Avengers, Thor Ragnarok, and Black Panther (I think). I'm expecting to see it again this weekend (oh the joys of moviepass) so we'll see how it holds up the 2nd time.

Edit: This all said my rankings tend to shift around with each movie that comes out, but Iron Man, Winter Soldier, and Avengers have never been knocked out of my top 5.
    I think those are my top 3 as well. I'm thinking of creating a temporary thread where we list out our Marvel movies in order and then merging it with this thread later.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    1. Iron Man
    2. The Avengers
    3. Doctor Strange
    4. Guardians of the Galaxy
    5. Winter Soldier
    6. Thor: Ragnarok
    7. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    8. Iron Man 2
    9. Civil War
    10. Ant-Man
    11. Spider-Man Homecoming
    12. Age of Ultron
    13. Captain America, First
    14.Incredible Hulk
    15. Iron Man 3
    16. Thor: The Dark World
    17. Thor
    ... Black Panther ...

Dang.

I usually have to think for a while, but at this point I definitely feel it's going to be especially hard to place this one. It has to be up with Winter Soldier, right? At least, those two are alike in that they alone did not have to rely on lots of humor but worked and were good. How good? Which one is better? uh... I didn't have too much trouble personally ranking Guardians of the Galaxy higher even though it is a different kind of film because a good kind of different counts for a lot in itself to me, but Black Panther...

Hm...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Iron Man
    2. The Avengers
    3. Doctor Strange
    5. Winter Soldier
    8. Iron Man 2
    9. Civil War
    10. Ant-Man
    12. Age of Ultron
    14.Incredible Hulk
    15. Iron Man 3
    17. Thor
    ... Black Panther ...

Dang.

I usually have to think for a while, but at this point I definitely feel it's going to be especially hard to place this one. It has to be up with Winter Soldier, right? At least, those two are alike in that they alone did not have to rely on lots of humor but worked and were good. How good? Which one is better? uh... I didn't have too much trouble personally ranking Guardians of the Galaxy higher even though it is a different kind of film because a good kind of different counts for a lot in itself to me, but Black Panther...

Hm...
    Winter Solider and Iron Man are still the pinnacle of MCU for me.

Black Panther is definitely a solid film, although I feel it's being bolstered somewhat by the current political climate. Need to watch it again once all the fervor subsides a bit.

Good to see you posting again, Mike.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

1. Iron Man
    2. The Avengers
    3. Doctor Strange
    5. Winter Soldier
    8. Iron Man 2
    9. Civil War
    10. Ant-Man
    12. Age of Ultron
    14.Incredible Hulk
    15. Iron Man 3
    17. Thor
    ... Black Panther ...

Dang.

Hm...
    Winter Solider and Iron Man are still the pinnacle of MCU for me.

Black Panther is definitely a solid film, although I feel it's being bolstered somewhat by the current political climate. Need to watch it again once all the fervor subsides a bit.

Good to see you posting again, Mike.
    Honestly I think the thing it does better than most of the other Marvel movies is the villain. Marvel really suffers from "Bad Villain" syndrome. There are very few memorable villains that have good motivation. Black Panther's villain is one of those good ones though, and it pretty much makes the whole movie for me.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Seriously... raise your hand if you knew this before reading this article.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...005500579.html
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Seriously... raise your hand if you knew this before reading this article.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...005500579.html
    Hmm weird. I would've thought given how much inspiration James Gunn actually took from the source material that he wouldn't have gone that route.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course he died, that's why Rocket was crying. His sacrifice in GoTG is almost meaningless otherwise.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to confess I thought baby Groot was a clone/reincarnation.

Why isn't he saying "I am Groot JR." or "I am son of Groot"? LOL.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Yea and traditionally (in the comics) this happens to Groot often. He get's blown up and reduced to basically potted plant form, but then regrows. Seems odd. I don't think it matters either way though, because I don't think it'll ever be addressed in the movies. I think you can pretty much decide it is whichever way you want it to be and really won't matter.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

No I think you got it, he's a reincarnation. Think Sandman from the Gaiman novels.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We should have a Marvel movie mini-tournament after Infinity War.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

We should have a Marvel movie mini-tournament after Infinity War.
    or maybe a mini-oscars

best movie
    best movie poster
    best character
    best scene
    best actor/actress
    best line
    best villian
    best soundtrack
    best costume
    etc etc
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

15 COVERS.

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    15 COVERS.
    Looks good. Though Iron Man's space armor is kinda goofy looking. I'm gonna guess it gets trashed pretty quickly. I also would've liked to see some more images of The Black Order in this, not just Thanos.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    15 COVERS.
    Looks good. Though Iron Man's space armor is kinda goofy looking. I'm gonna guess it gets trashed pretty quickly. I also would've liked to see some more images of The Black Order in this, not just Thanos.
    I got the Dr Strange cover. This issue is just chock full of info.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast