Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which FOUR deserve to move on to the next round?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • E.T The Extra Terrestrial

20 71.43%
  • Ghost in the Shell

2 7.14%
  • Robocop

19 67.86%
  • The Butterfly Effect

6 21.43%
  • The Road Warrior

15 53.57%
  • Village of the Damned (1960)

4 14.29%
  • War of the Worlds (2005)

17 60.71%
  • Metropolis

12 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Round 2, Group G

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Round 2, Group G

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*E.T.
    *RoboCop
    *Metropolis

sk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ghost in the Shell
    Robocop
    The Road Warrior

Want to rewatch Metropolis but it is wayyyyyyyy down on my priority list. Never saw Butterfly Effect.. honestly the fact that it stars Ashton Kutcher throws me off.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going with:

Robocop
    The Butterfly Effect
    War of the Worlds (2005)
    Metropolis

Just rewatched WOTW recently. So good.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Never saw Butterfly Effect.. honestly the fact that it stars Ashton Kutcher throws me off.
    That must be why most people dismiss this film. It's great. Watch it.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

E.T The Extra Terrestrial
    Robocop
    The Road Warrior
    Metropolis

Country
    Country Flag

Need more Metropolis votes

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm going to try to watch it before the poll closes.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Robocop
    War of the Worlds

Metropolis, like Blade Runner, I have never seen in their entirety.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Mad Max 2 is better than Metropolis?

Country
    Country Flag

Need more Metropolis votes ASAP!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Never saw Butterfly Effect.. honestly the fact that it stars Ashton Kutcher throws me off.
    That must be why most people dismiss this film. It's great. Watch it.
    I wouldn't say it's great, but you should still watch it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Will do.

E.T is beating Robocop!?!

Country
    Country Flag

This is closing tomorrow and Metropolis is way behind. This is an outrage

Country
    Country Flag

Metropolis is out. You gotta be shitting me.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Advancing

E.T The Extra Terrestrial
    Robocop
    The Road Warrior
    War of the Worlds

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So sad that Metropolis didn't make the cut, especially since the 2005 War of the Worlds beat it - Tom Cruise, really?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Cruise was fine. All of the actors were. But I still don't see what was so special about that movie.

Country
    Country Flag

The movie that beat out Metropolis is actually The Road Warrior, which got fourth place.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't see even Road Warrior getting beaten by the new WotW.

Country
    Country Flag

The 2005 WOTW is great. Very tense and expertly done.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Tense. Ok. Well, suspense is yet another film category. I suppose that including sci-fi thrillers in a thriller contest would be just as biasing, though. What I would like from the best, however, is both rhyme and reason. Plus I feel that in the case of a remake especially, there needs to be more justification than to provide an expertly polished exterior. I think that anybody who watched this version without being already familiar with the story would be worse off entirely than somebody who experienced past productions and then even skipped this one.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

METROPOLIS being eliminated this early in the game IS JUST FUCKING WRONG.

Look at ANY other Best Science Fiction Film list and you will find it near the top.

Country
    Country Flag

Especially in lieu of Mad Max 2. As far as the reason for the WOTW remake, it's quite obviously mirroring 9/11 and using that as a jumping off point for an alien invasion film. Plus it's pretty unique in all of Spielberg's oeuvre since the aliens are pure evil. I think it's an excellent film. Spielberg was knocking them out if the park in the 2000s.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Huhn. To me, the most significant impression was all about how people can turn on each other under pressure. The scene where they lose the car was pretty well staged. Not sure how to relate that to 9/11.

In Wells's novel of course, the aliens stood for his own country and the invasion represented their treatment of Africa.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast