Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King to speak at Manatee library fundraiser

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King to speak at Manatee library fundraiser

MANATEE COUNTY - Prolific horror writer Stephen King is expected to fill an auditorium with his fans this fall for a fundraising event to benefit Manatee County's public libraries.

The foundation hopes to raise $100,000 toward a new operating system to manage the libraries' acquisition, cataloging and circulation data.

“We knew we needed a very special event,” if it is to reach that fundraising goal, Foundation President Jane Plitt said.

The foundation previously said that it would wait until this morning's news conference to identify the “internationally acclaimed writer” it had booked for that event.

“It's been a really tough secret to keep,” Library Services Manager Ava Ehde said.

INTERESTED?
    For sponsorship and ticket information about “An Evening with Stephen King,” a Jan. 29 fundraiser for Manatee County's public libraries, go to manateelibraryfoundation.org.
    The Manatee Library Foundation announced this morning that King, a seasonal resident of Casey Key, agreed to donate his services for a Jan. 29 lecture at the Manatee Performing Arts Center in Bradenton.

>>> http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...ary-fundraiser
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!
    I was born in Bradenton, so that's great to hear their library system is getting upgraded.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Only 5 grand for a meet and greet...anyone wanna split 8 ways for 8 VIP invites to the reception he attends?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

And actually you get six invitations for 2500 - anybody in for 2500 splitting 6 ways? I'd be interested in going if there is any interest in splitting. This is just a preliminary thought, nothing concrete yet though I was going to be in Florida around this time anyway.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be interested in the $2500 split 6 ways. It would be a great chance for me to finally meet him. PM me. Also, does anyone have any guesses as to how the VIP reception will be? Would there normally be a time for him to sign a book or two at this point??? Hmm...

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I don't think he signed anything at the meet and greet before the 11/22/63 appearance in Dallas. It was a fairly small room, taken up with a sprawling buffet, and Steve tried to mingle as much as he could to at least spend a moment with everyone there. At a certain point, though, the crowd started to close in on him and Russ Dorr, who's built like a tackle, went over to make sure he at least had some breathing room.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Yeah HerbertWest!!!! not yet posted on SK website! This is the best site ever!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the message... Herberwest. Not sure what to think of the prices as none of them assure a signed book. The VIP receptions I have attended did not allow for time or option of King signing during it. For example The Mason VIP event was great and King circulated however pictures with Steve were the best you could do. (My current avatar is from that event.) Thiis event is very close for me however others may need to weigh the travel expense against the event expense with only the possibility of a signed book. It will be great for anyone who can afford and goes with the intention of simply meeting Mr King.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    I would be interested in the $2500 split 6 ways. It would be a great chance for me to finally meet him. PM me. Also, does anyone have any guesses as to how the VIP reception will be? Would there normally be a time for him to sign a book or two at this point??? Hmm...

G
    I need 2 tix. $2500/6 = $416.67 each I WANT to buy a $2.5K sponsorship, but without confirmation that a book or two will be signed per ticket, I can't justify the costs involved.

But that is an awful lot of money with no mention whatsoever of a book(s) signing.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh. Mega positive rep points to herbertwest. Make sure you give him some.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Now i get it! The Wine and Cheese reception does not feature SK! $416 is too rich for me!!! Especially with Lettered Copy of Thinner on the Horizon!!

My Mood
    Asleep

G

Receptions Vary!!!! He signed every book at Umass reception. $100 per person. He signed NOTHING and WE saw him for 1 minute at $150 reception Hartford Conn. We got a signed copy of Joyland. George Mason University he signed nothing! but if you had a golden ticket we got any book of our choice signed after event. but it was awesome. first time i got to meet him! Price?? i forget. I am old.

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

G
    I need 2 tix. $2500/6 = $416.67 each I WANT to buy a $2.5K sponsorship, but without confirmation that a book or two will be signed per ticket, I can't justify the costs involved.

But that is an awful lot of money with no mention whatsoever of a book(s) signing.

I was told that he would not be signing at the reception. Currently no limit on the # of tickets that are going to be sold. If people are paying and mailing in their money they will not have a good account for along time!

My Mood
    Inspired

Yeah if there isn't any chance of a signing, then I'm not going to worry about it

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I don't think he signed anything at the meet and greet before the 11/22/63 appearance in Dallas. It was a fairly small room, taken up with a sprawling buffet, and Steve tried to mingle as much as he could to at least spend a moment with everyone there.
    Same in Paris. No signing. He was just going through the crowd and try to spend some time with people.
    No books signed (i dont think that anyone even asked him, but then i am sure that he would decline in order to do not start it), but that was THE MOMENT to get pictures with him. And this is a lot better than a signed book (which you can buy!)

However, i believe that there was a signing at the german meet & greet where Lilja went.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When you factor in the travel cost, hotel, food, taking time off from work etc this is an expensive proposition for the casual collector particularly when there are free events. This is truly a fund raising event for a good cause and not a book signing. I've been fortunate enough to hear his standard speech a few times now and while that's nice it doesn't justify an expensive trip for me for that purpose alone. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs some books though at those prices.

My Mood
    Inspired

Has anyone called to ask about a signing?

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Has anyone called to ask about a signing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I was told that he would not be signing at the reception. Currently no limit on the # of tickets that are going to be sold. If people are paying and mailing in their money they will not have a good account for along time!
    As I expected Glen has called and been told there will not be any signing at the VIP reception .

My Mood
    Inspired

Sorry, I overlooked that comment

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It would be awesome if a group of dt.org members camped out in front of the Manatee library. Maybe even hire a burrito food truck "with Gunslinger Burritos" in bright neon at the top....hire a dance troop to sing and dance the commala.

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It would be awesome if a group of dt.org members camped out in front of the Manatee library. Maybe even hire a burrito food truck "with Gunslinger Burritos" in bright neon at the top....hire a dance troop to sing and dance the commala.
    Don't tempt me with ideas like that.... How is your chanting voice??

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine is awful but I may pay to hear yours. LOL. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Don't tempt me with ideas like that.... How is your chanting voice??

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I live in Florida.
    I know of Manatee county.

But every time I see this thread title I picuture a herd of manatees in a submerged book lending operation, all hanging around reading, while being addressed by Stephen King
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I live in Florida.
    I know of Manatee county.

But every time I see this thread title I picuture a herd of manatees in a submerged book lending operation, all hanging around reading, while being addressed by Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    herd of manatees ?
    No, not until I visited Sea World for the first time
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast