Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Collectible China Mieville

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That is so true about Embassytown. I remember someone posted they couldn't get into the audio book of Railsea and I immediately remembered Embassytown. If all those onomatopoeic sounds from Railsea were a bother, how the heck could anyone read Embassytown? Unless they used studio trickery and overlapped two voices at the same time, it's impossible to say those words out loud. As for Railsea, I suggested that one because it's easiest to get into, not because it's his best. I feel like an average The Hunger Games reader would commit suicide via self-smacking of own head with the hardcover copy of Perdido. It's not an easy read but it's rewarding, not just for the payoff but the entire read. It's extremely well-crafted and rich in language. I think Mieville was an English professor when he was 19 or something crazy like that.

The last thing he published was The Apology when he bailed on some convention. It's a chapbook with new and unpublished short stories.

Traveler MikeEl is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I've actually listened to the audiobook for Embassytown, and the production is great. They do use "studio trickery" and you hear the narrator pronounce both words at the same time. It makes for a fantastic effect and definitely adds another dimension to story, so much so, that I don't know that you can fully appreciate the book without listening to it. You do have to pay attention but somehow your brain learns to process both words. It's mind-expanding!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[Subterranean Press will] be publishing the signed limited edition of China Mieville's brilliant new novel, The Last Days of New Paris, which will feature a full-color cover and full-color interiors by Vincent Chong. Read on for the full details.

“In Paris you had to be ready to fight art and the Hellish—not to mention Nazis…”

Multiple-award-winning China Mieville’s extraordinary novel The Last Days of New Paris is a door into the heart of a twentieth century that never was, that always was. The hinges it turns on are surrealism and anti-Fascism and occultism, oiled by vivid prose that startlingly mines art and poetry for its images. The story it opens to reveal combines mystery and adventure, philosophy and revolution.

Here is the American Jack Parsons in 1941 Marseilles, navigating a tangle of competing wartime powers incapable of containing the chaos of wartime Europe. A student of the occult, he encounters fleeing surrealist thinkers, and something extraordinary is born in the cauldron of his imagination.

Here is the resistance fighter Thibaut in 1950 Paris, struggling to survive and fight on in a city haunted by manifs, manifestations from the dreams and nightmares of the century’s most fertile imaginations. These manifs are in conflict with hellspawn called up by Nazi officer-priests.

By turns heartbreaking and breathtaking, this book conjures a world that demands attention, and tests loyalties to concepts as fundamental as reality itself. Here is a tour de force of imagination, here is a crescendo of thought, here, at last, is the exquisite corpse. Here is The Last Days of New Paris, an unmissable new novel by a modern master of the fantasic.

Limited: 500 signed numbered hardcover copies: $50

Lettered: 26 signed leatherbound copies, housed in a custom traycase: $250

http://subterraneanpress.com/news/an...china_mieville
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Nice! Lots of new Miéville coming along. I like it.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone seriously interested in buying an Earthling Press lettered King Rat by China Mieville? It's quite pricey but I will be getting a copy - please PM if interested. . .
    Looking for the following lettered editions: Dark Forces, 999, Crown of Shadows (Hill)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Sherlock Holmes in me has now deduced who has acquired the Holy Grail of Dan Simmons collectibles.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually - I missed out on the Camelot sale, but believe it or not 24 hours later found a SECOND set for sale! What are the chances??? But yeah, I did get the Song of Kali, whoo hoo!!
    Looking for the following lettered editions: Dark Forces, 999, Crown of Shadows (Hill)

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoahM View Post
    Actually - I missed out on the Camelot sale, but believe it or not 24 hours later found a SECOND set for sale! What are the chances??? But yeah, I did get the Song of Kali, whoo hoo!!
    I'm insanely jealous of the Song of Kali!!! I was also thinking about getting the Camelot set and unloading King Rat but it sold too quickly... Congrats on finding a second set!!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! Unbelievable that two of these sets were sold within a day of each other. And I still haven't found a buyer for Rat, so if anyone knows anyone, cough cough. . .

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone here owns King Rat in Letter F ???
    I have a letter B that I would like to trade idf possible

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Selling my Ps Publishing copy of the signed limited of The Tain by Mieville. $200 PayPal f&f.

Edit one year later. Haha I’m still trying to unload some Mieville.
    Last edited by Booknutt; 05-21-2020 at 06:57 PM.

Anybody interested in some Mieville books before I stick them on eBay?
    The Tain s/l
    Iron Council U.K. signed slipcased
    Iron Council ARC
    King Rat signed 1st
    Un Lun Dun ARC
    The City and The City ARC
    Perdido St. Station UK 1st/1st HC
    The Scar UK HC

Edited to add a King Rat signed limited.
    And a Perdido ARC UK

They’re going up On the eBay when the procrastination is the lowest.

Ok, the Perdido Street Station UK proof is up on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/ejp7773/m.ht...1&_ipg=&_from=

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

For sale
    King Rat Earthling Press Lettered
    https://www.harperwildeco.com/produc...china-mieville

Matching Limited The Scar & Iron Council Subterranean Press
    https://www.harperwildeco.com/produc...china-mieville

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Earthling Press make very nice lettered editions.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2