Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Books to Benefit

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    The Books to Benefit announcement is a special edition book to be published in three states this fall.
    Brian shared with me offline that those three states are Alaska, Idaho and Texas.
    So it will have a red cover?
    ha!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Something new then?
    @Jerome : I did create a thread in the Oracle section
    Or I can move it here, whichever is best.
    I am okay with moving the Books to Benefit posts to the new thread, etc, whatever is best for the board!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The Books to Benefit announcement is a special edition book to be published in three states this fall.
    Brian shared with me offline that those three states are Alaska, Idaho and Texas.
    Crap! That means I will probably have to pay state sales tax.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    If you really need it, we could start a Kickstarter fundraising to cover your ~$10 in taxes and shipping.
    Who knows, some other person tried to raise $10 to make potato salad and is currently over $71,000.
    Hell, you could retire a year early.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    If you really need it, we could start a Kickstarter fundraising to cover your ~$10 in taxes and shipping.
    Who knows, some other person tried to raise $10 to make potato salad and is currently over $71,000.
    Hell, you could retire a year early.
    I'd feel guilty starting it for myself. But if someone wanted to start it for me and forward the proceeds it would be much appreciated.

We're very pleased to announce our first project, Faithful: The 10th Anniversary Special Edition by Stephen King and Stewart O'Nan, which is being published to benefit The Haven Foundation and organizations that promote cancer care and research such as The Jimmy Fund. You can read more on the Books to Benefit website:

http://www.bookstobenefit.com/books/faithful/

Thank you for your support!

Best,
    Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, maybe I'm missing it but I don't see mention of artwork for this project. Will there be any?

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post
    Brian, maybe I'm missing it but I don't see mention of artwork for this project. Will there be any?
    Thanks for asking. There will be photos from the season, but no artwork due to the compressed production schedule.

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for asking. There will be photos from the season, but no artwork due to the compressed production schedule. Brian
    Good to know, thanks.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

So hows everyone feeling on this?

Country
    Country Flag

As Brian would probably say, and probably has pertaining to this, it's not for everyone. Regardless, I'm sure they'll do a great job and produce a beautiful edition.

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post
    As Brian would probably say, and probably has pertaining to this, it's not for everyone.
    I shall quote you since you already typed it for me.

This certainly isn't a project for everyone. For those who support The Haven Foundation and The Jimmy Fund, it's a different way to show them a little love and get something tangible in return. For those who liked the book, it's a nice new edition that should look awesome next to your other Gift Editions/Limited Editions/Lettered Editions.

For those who don't like baseball, or don't like the Red Sox, and who only collect books signed by Steve, then this probably won't be their cup of tea.

At the end of the day, I'm very pleased with the production values and the opportunity to help two causes the guys support, and I hope the collectors who order a copy are pleased with what we've done to make this edition special.

Brian

By the way, A poster on here already guessed what I was going to do for the Limited Edition -- white leather like a baseball with red stamping for the stitches. Am I that predictable? I guess so... But predictable or not, it IS going to look amazing.

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm not much of a baseball fan and as a Yankees fan, I LOATHE the Red Sox. But I am a Stephen King fan and always happy to help out the Haven Foundation. And every other time Brian's name is attached to a project, the book has turned out beautifully. There was really no question that I would purchase one of them. But as a non-baseball, non-Red Sox fan, I only bought the gift edition.

Now it's all up to you, Brian!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, A poster on here already guessed what I was going to do for the Limited Edition -- white leather like a baseball with red stamping for the stitches. Am I that predictable? I guess so... But predictable or not, it IS going to look amazing.

Brian
    I don’t think you are that predictable, I just think great minds think alike.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Well, I'm not much of a baseball fan and as a Yankees fan, I LOATHE the Red Sox. But I am a Stephen King fan and always happy to help out the Haven Foundation. And every other time Brian's name is attached to a project, the book has turned out beautifully. There was really no question that I would purchase one of them. But as a non-baseball, non-Red Sox fan, I only bought the gift edition.

Now it's all up to you, Brian!
    Ha, love this post! Thank you for the order!

Brian

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

For the Lettered edition, I wish you had reached out to a Red Sox player to add his signature - I'm as big a Sox fan as anyone, but that lack of a true Sox connection is the missing ingredient for this project.

I still think it's neat, though.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Kinda curious on what percentage of the editions have sold...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep in mind that CD's mailing list is massive. There also will be quite a bit of interest from Red Sox fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    For the Lettered edition, I wish you had reached out to a Red Sox player to add his signature - I'm as big a Sox fan as anyone, but that lack of a true Sox connection is the missing ingredient for this project.
    Yeah, I keep calling Big Papi, but he just isn't answering my calls for some reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Kinda curious on what percentage of the editions have sold...
    About half of the Gift Editions are gone and there are 5 Lettered Editions left. Limited Edition sales have slowed since yesterday afternoon, but I think they'll be gone by the weekend.

Brian

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking that it would be cool if the signed or lettered edition somehow incorporated an authentic leather baseball panel...either on the front cover of the book or front of slipcase or traycase (that would have the title burned onto it).... or possibly even on a custom limitation page/panel where the baseball panel would be signed.

"Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Considering this project didn't exist on June 6th and has to go to the printer on July 22 to hit the authors' preferred publication date, there were some limitations on what could be done in terms of production, but I think everyone who buys a copy will be happy with the actual materials used, etc. It'll be a fine looking book.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    I was thinking that it would be cool if the signed or lettered edition somehow incorporated an authentic leather baseball panel...either on the front cover of the book or front of slipcase or traycase (that would have the title burned onto it).... or possibly even on a custom limitation page/panel where the baseball panel would be signed.
    What if my printer could source the same white leather that is used for baseballs and the Limited Edition was bound in that? That would make for a nice looking/feeling book, I think.

Brian

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Also....maybe get a game work jersey swatch from 26 of the baseball players from that World Series team and incorporate them somehow into the lettered edition.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast