Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose SIX films to move on!

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers {1978}

18 58.06%
  • Silent Running

4 12.90%
  • Cube

12 38.71%
  • Pandorum

6 19.35%
  • The Truman Show

9 29.03%
  • Planet of the Apes {1968}

21 67.74%
  • Dark City

13 41.94%
  • Source Code

13 41.94%
  • The Bride of Frankenstein

8 25.81%
  • Aliens

27 87.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Sci-Fi Tournament -- Round 1, Group B

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    NOTE

Please choose the six films you feel should move on to the next round. Votes are public.
    I know you changed the wording in the other group. I encourage you, for all the polls moving forward, to clearly state that a person can vote for UP TO 6 films. We don't want people voting for films only to round out a slate of 6. A film should only get a vote if the person truly thinks it deserving of moving on. Please make sure the poll instructions state this as well. Thanks!
    Yup, I had this exact same thought a little while ago. Will do!

I'll post it in the nominations thread too.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, Pandorum needs more love.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

48% of Rotten Tomatoes users liked it and 28% of critics. We're at 26% right now. Orly?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aliens is killing it. Great movie but I hope it doesn't go all the way. Much better movies abound.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Also is the remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers really that good? I love the original so much I don't see how the remake could be as good.
    It's not. I suppose it's okay but you can watch the trailer above and see it's not close to the original.
    Most people I know agree, but I have two friends who prefer this version.

What I realized about them, though, is that both are the right age they saw it first when they were younger.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts on the most recent remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers called Invasion starring Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman? I thought it was horrid.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it wasn't too bad, but nothing special. Kidman is good in anything.

Also, need more Cube love!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. it does.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yes. it does.
    Pandorum, or as I like to call it, as close as we may ever come to a Dead Space film.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yes. it does.
    Pandorum, or as I like to call it, as close as we may ever come to a Dead Space film.
    I read a few months ago that John Carpenter was interested in taking a stab (har har) at a Dead Space film, but I don't know if anything came of that. Would be interesting for sure, guy would be a perfect choice for that kind of body horror.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Hey! No one should be putting down Invasion of the Body Snatchers! Considering how many remakes of that movie have been done (I can think of at least 4), the 1978 remake is the best of the bunch!

And I highly recommend anyone who hasn't seen Cube to do so! It is a really interesting movie!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The fact that it's been remade so much is what drives me crazy about Hollywood. There's no need to remake a film that many times. This is especially the case when the previous films have been so well done. Just come up with something new, but they can't. When they do, nobody goes to see it, so they keep giving people the same thing over and over. I was lucky enough to see Snowpiercer this weekend, but most people won't get that chance as Transformers is taking up most of the space at the multiplex.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep meaning to watch Source Code but I just haven't gotten around to it. I'll try and watch it before the next round starts.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll like it. Source Code is pretty good.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Bride deserves to do really well, but won't...

sk
    Agree, especially since it was my nomination!

Country
    Country Flag

Pleasantly surprised at how well Cube is doing. Great film!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

k, I have voted Cube, half-heartedly. It wasn't bad while watching, just forgettable

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Just Cube, Jean? Have you seen Dark City?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure. I don't think I have.

Country
    Country Flag

You must, it's truly an astounding achievement. No hyperbole. I would be crushed if it didn't go very far in this tournament,

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

why are there no posters for Source Code and Pandorum?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean hasn't seen Dark City? If I'd known that I would have recommended it to him years ago. Jean, I'd be surprised if you didn't like Dark City as much as you liked Another Year and some others I've recommended...it's simply one of the greatest films ever made from just about every aspect of filmmaking.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Jean hasn't seen Dark City? If I'd known that I would have recommended it to him years ago. Jean, I'd be surprised if you didn't like Dark City as much as you liked Another Year and some others I've recommended...it's simply one of the greatest films ever made from just about every aspect of filmmaking.
    Agree Agree Agree

Country
    Country Flag

I must say I'm somewhat surprised at how well Planet of the Apes is doing so far. Very good movie, but not in the top tier for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    You must, it's truly an astounding achievement. No hyperbole. I would be crushed if it didn't go very far in this tournament,
    I will, as soon as the doctor says I can watch films again. If you both recommend it, it really must be something worthy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast