Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose SIX films to move on!

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers {1978}

18 58.06%
  • Silent Running

4 12.90%
  • Cube

12 38.71%
  • Pandorum

6 19.35%
  • The Truman Show

9 29.03%
  • Planet of the Apes {1968}

21 67.74%
  • Dark City

13 41.94%
  • Source Code

13 41.94%
  • The Bride of Frankenstein

8 25.81%
  • Aliens

27 87.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Sci-Fi Tournament -- Round 1, Group B

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Sci-Fi Tournament -- Round 1, Group B

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

NOTE

Please choose up to six films you feel should move on to the next round. Votes are public.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Coming soon:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going with:

Cube
    The Truman Show
    Planet of the Apes
    Dark City
    Source Code
    Aliens

Hoping Dark City goes far!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Almost voted for Invasion of the Body Snatchers until I realized it was the remake So Planet of the Apes and Pandorum it is for me.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

What about Dark City? Cube?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark City and Cube are both underrated sci fi gems.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I absolutely hated Cube, and I know I've seen Dark City, but it was ages ago, and the only thing I remember was being less than impressed by it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hate is a strong word tho!

Why did you hate it?

Country
    Country Flag

Cube is such an original film. And so is Dark City.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Almost voted for Invasion of the Body Snatchers until I realized it was the remake
    I also think the first is better, but this one's ok, too - some might think better than at least four other films here, which is a fine way to decide. But since the question is which 6 "you feel should move to the next round" some voters might want to take into consideration that both versions are ultimately in the running.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Voted for Aliens and The Truman Show.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

My picks:

Silent Running
    Cube
    Pandorum
    Dark City
    Source Code
    Aliens

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I absolutely hated Cube, and I know I've seen Dark City, but it was ages ago, and the only thing I remember was being less than impressed by it.
    Less than impressed by Dark City? I think you need to watch it again. One of the greatest films ever made, bar none. I was one of the very fortunate few who saw it in theatres (I was 12 and had been waiting two years for it, I was an awesome kid like that). Roger Ebert has only done dvd commentary on a few films, one is Dark City and the others include Double Indemnity and Citizen Caine and he named it the best film of 1998. His great movies review is one of my favourites he's written...he went to a convention where they basically spent three days going through Dark City shot by shot. You really should watch it again, it's one of the few films that garners a 'marvel of filmmaking' label from me.

I chose:

Cube
    The Truman Show
    Pandorum (my nom, glad to see it's doing decent, BEN FOSTER RULES)
    Planet of the Apes
    Dark City
    Aliens

It's funny, outisde the more recent Pandorum...these are some of my favourite childhood films. Other kids were watching Disney, I was watching Cube.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Cube is one of my all-time favorite sci-fi films. The director hasn't really reached that high again yet, but his Nothing and Splice were very good.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Three got my vote: Aliens, The Bride of Frankenstein, Planet of the Apes.
    Bride deserves to do really well, but won't...

sk

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mattrick-

Regarding Dark City, how do you feel about
    Spoiler:

the 'twist' being revealed during the first 20 minutes of the movie? I read an analysis somewhere that the film might have been better if we as the audience didn't find out about the dying alien race til the end of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Less than impressed by Dark City? I think you need to watch it again. One of the greatest films ever made, bar none. I was one of the very fortunate few who saw it in theatres (I was 12 and had been waiting two years for it, I was an awesome kid like that). Roger Ebert has only done dvd commentary on a few films, one is Dark City and the others include Double Indemnity and Citizen Caine and he named it the best film of 1998. His great movies review is one of my favourites he's written...he went to a convention where they basically spent three days going through Dark City shot by shot. You really should watch it again, it's one of the few films that garners a 'marvel of filmmaking' label from me.

I chose:

Cube
    The Truman Show
    Pandorum (my nom, glad to see it's doing decent, BEN FOSTER RULES)
    Planet of the Apes
    Dark City
    Aliens

It's funny, outisde the more recent Pandorum...these are some of my favourite childhood films. Other kids were watching Disney, I was watching Cube.
    Maybe I'll try giving it another shot. We'll see.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loved Dark City; hated Cube

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Aliens going beast mode...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, where are the other groups? Ferny are you sleeping on the job? LOL J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

1) Aliens
    2) Planet of the Apes
    3) The Truman Show
    4) Dark City
    5) Source Code
    6) Pandorum
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    NOTE

Please choose the six films you feel should move on to the next round. Votes are public.
    I know you changed the wording in the other group. I encourage you, for all the polls moving forward, to clearly state that a person can vote for UP TO 6 films. We don't want people voting for films only to round out a slate of 6. A film should only get a vote if the person truly thinks it deserving of moving on. Please make sure the poll instructions state this as well. Thanks!

Just fixed it. I haven't voted for six films yet in either poll. Maybe I need to watch more scifi because out of all the ones I've seen only a couple in these groups deserve to move on in my opinion. Also is the remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers really that good? I love the original so much I don't see how the remake could be as good.

Country
    Country Flag

Also is the remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers really that good? I love the original so much I don't see how the remake could be as good.
    It's not. I suppose it's okay but you can watch the trailer above and see it's not close to the original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast