Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shining, The (1997)

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Shining, The (1997)

The Shining Mini-Series IMDB

A recovering alcoholic must wrestle with demons within and without when he and his family move into a haunted hotel as caretakers.

Directed by: Mick Garris
    Sceenplay by: Stephen King

Starring: Rebecca De Mornay, Steven Weber, Wil Horneff, Melvin Van Peebles, Courtland Mead

Last edited by Heather19; 06-11-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    Heng Dai

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The scene with Elliot Gould on the front lawn may be the single worst performance in TV history. It's a beat the ground laughing, Ed Wood-like funny/bad. I have to wonder if Gould had something like a lobotomy just before filming this scene. And the dialogue is priceless when he explains to the Jack Torrance character why he does not want to hire him and emotes all over the place. I wish I could find that on You Tube. My second favorite scene is the one with the floating Tony. I know some King fans got emotionally involved in the ersatz Kubrick vs King controversy and claim to like this one because is it more true to the book, but the TV version is pretty bad.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope. TV version is fantastic.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I hated it when it came out, but I enjoyed it a lot more when I watched it recently.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I hated it when it came out, but I enjoyed it a lot more when I watched it recently.
    I re-watched the first two episodes and had the same reaction. Although I continue to believe Elliot Gould must have had a lobotomy before filming his scene. The kid was also annoying as hell. His head was bizarre.

+ Reply to Thread