Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Sci Fi nominations + General updates throughout the tournament

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

32. District 9

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    1. 2001 : A Space Odyssey
    2. Blade Runner
    3. Star Wars Episode IV : A New Hope
    4. A Clockwork Orange
    5. Terminator 2
    6. Never Let Me Go
    7. Metropolis
    8. Back to the Future I
    9. Gattaca
    10. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
    11. Jurassic Park
    12. Aliens
    13. The Matrix
    14. Alien
    15. Gravity
    16. Twelve Monkeys
    17. Dark City
    18. Ghost in the Shell
    19. Gojira (1954)
    20. The Truman Show
    21. The Abyss
    22. Star Wars Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back
    23. The Thing From Another World!
    24. Planet of the Apes 1968
    25. Pleasantville
    26. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    27. Forbidden Planet
    28. Akira

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

33. Her
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. 2001 : A Space Odyssey
    2. Blade Runner
    3. Star Wars Episode IV : A New Hope
    4. A Clockwork Orange
    5. Terminator 2
    6. Never Let Me Go
    7. Metropolis
    8. Back to the Future I
    9. Gattaca
    10. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
    11. Jurassic Park
    12. Aliens
    13. The Matrix
    14. Alien
    15. Gravity
    16. Twelve Monkeys
    17. Dark City
    18. Ghost in the Shell
    19. Gojira (1954)
    20. The Truman Show
    21. The Abyss
    22. Star Wars Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back
    23. The Thing From Another World!
    24. Planet of the Apes 1968
    25. Pleasantville
    26. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    27. Forbidden Planet
    28. Akira
    29. Fantastic Planet
    30. West World
    31. This Island Earth
    32. District 9
    33. Her
    34. Total Recall
    35. The Time Machine
    36. Brazil
    37. Artificial Intelligence

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

34. Total Recall

35. The Time Machine. 1960

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

36. Brazil

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

37. Artificial Intelligence

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

38. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    34. Total Recall
    HELLO... 1990 or 2012?

39. MAD MAX

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Lord of the Rings - I don't know if the whole trilogy can be counted as one, because that would be my hope
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lord of the Rings isn't sci-fi...didn't we decide this in the other thread? If we let in Lord of the Rings then we're letting in Harry Potter and Twilight and The Princess Bride and Pirates of the Carribean.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    34. Total Recall
    HELLO... 1990 or 2012?
    1990! Schwarzenegger!

(I didn't even realize there had been a remake. Or at least I did not remember such a thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Lord of the Rings isn't sci-fi...didn't we decide this in the other thread? If we let in Lord of the Rings then we're letting in Harry Potter and Twilight and The Princess Bride and Pirates of the Carribean.
    THERES THAT CAN AGAIN

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

40. Melancholia
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    THERES THAT CAN AGAIN
    Not really...If a movie that takes place in a universe without electricity is considered sci-fi then anything can be considered sci-fi. Lord of the Rings is as fantasy as you can get. To my recollection there isn't even ALCHEMY in Lord of the Rings. There's absolutely no science whatsoever in Lord of the Rings. Close that can because there was no reason to open it.

41. Moon

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nominate: The Road Warrior

I vote no on LotR, no on Somewhere in Time, and I'm quite dubious about Pleasantville, too - that's a straight fantasy, surely.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

43. Serenity

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post

I vote no on LotR, no on Somewhere in Time, and I'm quite dubious about Pleasantville, too - that's a straight fantasy, surely.
    Pleasantville is more race relations and prejudice and the not so perfect world of small town American in the 1950's than anything else and I do agree it's fantasy. It would be different if the movie was ABOUT purposely going into a black and white world to give it colour to see what would happen or for a desired outcome but it just kind of happens to my recollection and it's more a storytelling device than anything else. Granted, I would be far more inclined to allow Pleasantville in than Lord of the Rings because at least Pleasantville has something to say about the world.

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post

42. The Road Warrior
    aka

44.VILLAGE of the DAMED 1960

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Solid choice needful.

45. Donnie Darko

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

46. Children of Men

Caught you guys slippin'. Surprised nobody mentioned it yet, unless I missed it. The best Sci-fi film of the last decade.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

47. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast