Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everybody,

I'm new member. My name is Luca, I write from Italy.

"The gunslinger" (Italian edition) was the first book I bought with my money when I was young.

I would likt to start to collect Dark Tower S/L and my mind is full of questions and doubt

You have a great forum. Congratulations!!

!!!!Have a nice 2008!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    Hi everybody,

"The gunslinger" (Italian edition) was the first book I bought with my money when I was young.

I would likt to start to collect Dark Tower S/L and my mind is full of questions and doubt

!!!!Have a nice 2008!!!!

Welcome and Happy New Year!

The collector's here should prove an invaluable help to you and should be able to answer most any questions you have. If I can be of any help myself I'd be happy to do so.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Luca. Check out all the threads here. I am sure you will be entertained.
    Collecting S/L's is fun-and expensive.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everybody for your answers!!!

Brice, your words sound like a nice melody for a new member!!!!

Randall, they are expensive I know...my Bank is afraid!!!

I'm Dark Tower fan and I have a new sickness, a new "Virus"....To collect S/L Editions, I will need rare books therapy

Note: Sorry for my english, I'm studing

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm Dark Tower fan and I have a new sickness, a new "Virus"....To collect S/L Editions, I will need rare books therapy
    Sadly, if book therapy means help to NOT buy books I think you will find little of that help here. Your sickness can only find encouragement here I think.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Sadly, if book therapy means help to NOT buy books I think you will find little of that help here. Your sickness can only find encouragement here I think.
    Encouragement and help to buy books is what I'm looking for...
    I know that you will not look me like a crazy boy !!!! Because you're crazy too!!!

It's very nice to find a place like this, where "spend lot of money" for a book is not a crime.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It's very nice to find a place like this, where "spend lot of money" for a book is not a crime.
    If it were I would be in prison for life.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I and would be aspiring to the same
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everybody,

!!!!Have a nice 2008!!!!

Welcome!
    Maybe would your be interested by what seems to be a 1st Italian SHINING edition?
    Seems to be.. i aint absolutely sure..

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Artan, be sure you check out the website Stephen King Collector (see the links page). Tomas has almost all the SK limiteds listed there. (He doesn't have a few of the UK editions). He also lists some of the expected prices for these editions. Just remember that collecting Stephen King is addictive!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Luca! I'm sure you'll find all the collecting help and encouragement you need here at TDT.com!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Welcome!
    Maybe would your be interested by what seems to be a 1st Italian SHINING edition?
    Hi herbertwest,

thanks for the link...
    It's 1st. Italian Ed. "The Shining". The first italian title of this book was:
    'UNA SPLENDIDA FESTA DI MORTE'
    (In a bad english is 'A WONDERFUL PARTY OF DEATH')

really nice

Now I understand better when Brice wrote:

"Your sickness can only find encouragement here I think."

I'm watching this item in My eBay

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome artan. Looking forward to your participation in the threads.

What is the significance of your username "artan." Just curious.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    Hi herbertwest,

thanks for the link...
    It's 1st. Italian Ed. "The Shining". The first italian title of this book was:
    'UNA SPLENDIDA FESTA DI MORTE'
    (In a bad english is 'A WONDERFUL PARTY OF DEATH')

really nice

Now I understand better when Brice wrote:

"Your sickness can only find encouragement here I think."

I'm watching this item in My eBay

Is it a true 1st ed, 1st print?
    glad to see that i could help you to watch an interesting item :-)

welcome buddy

Country
    Country Flag

Is it a true 1st ed, 1st print?
    glad to see that i could help you to watch an interesting item :-)

welcome buddy
    These are all 1st Ed. 1.Print of "Shining" Italian edition

In the list the first one is the "Original one" from SONZOGNO

All books have different Cover (artwork, and format):

1) Title: Una splendida festa di morte - Sonzogno (Original Publisher) - 1978
    Cover by: Giancarlo Carloni

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=290195329650

2) Title: Una splendida festa di morte - Euroclub - 1979

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=270200860009

3) Title: Una splendida festa di morte - Club degli editori (Editor's Club) - 1978

(herbertwest's link)

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:X:RTQ:FR:1123

I've asked Info to the seller...about your link: Her editions is the Third one in the list above. Some people would like to have all types

Note: Softcover...at the moment I didn't find around an Hardcover version...sorry.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just noticed that our old compadre, different_seasons, aka Aaron, has finally joined this site. Hope he finds his way here to Calvin's Corner. Welcome, Aaron!

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Weathervane7 joined a few days ago. Welcome! We're glad you're here. Please don't hesitate to join in the discussions.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also want to extend a personal welcome to Mr. Ink (from the old site), also a Whelan fan and also to e_taylor, whom I am doing a transaction with. Eric, I plan to ship the two books to you tomorrow!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey people.

I don't know what to say other than here I am. I've just started to look around here and I recognize most of you.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Aaron. I live in Maine, 45 minutes or so from Bangor. I'm a boiler engineer and attend UMA part time. I love Harry Potter, Big Brother, Lost, the bands Down and Otep and Jeeps and Glocks. I'm married with 3 kids. I want a hot little Swedish nanny. I'm still really handsome and buff. I miss the old days at the .net.

I don't collect King anymore but I do still have my books. I read alot of Anne Rice now. I love the DT comics. I love life.

Here's a few pics of whatever, some recent, some not, some reposts.

The result of the snowblower fund. You know who you are.

A place I love dearly. I also happened to buy it this year.

Let me look for some more.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Those photos are beautiful DS--I love the woods one, it looks very peaceful.

Thanks for posting them.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post

A place I love dearly. I also happened to buy it this year.

A NEW GAME BEGINS

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoa, welcome back Dif!
    Haven't seen you around in a looong time. Those woods look fantastic.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to see you, Aaron. Those kids just keep getting bigger, don't they?

Do me a favor. Find out if your theoretical Swedish nanny has an imaginary sister to watch my kids. Thanks.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post
    OK who else is thinking of the movie Stand by Me, lol

nice to meet you Aaron!
    Geoff

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

a BIG ol' welcome to all ya new people !

and specially you diff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast