Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi my name is Dave and I'm an alcoholic collector

I live in New Mexico, I started reading King around 1975 (15 yo) and became a collector in 1983/84 when I bought my first collectible book, a first edition Gunslinger for 185.00, thought I must have been crazy. Over the years I have owned a lot of King S/L's (The Stand, Skeleton Crew, Eyes of the Dragon, Six Stories etc.) all purchased at issue price, unfortunately all sold in hard times. I did manage to hold on to the DT series starting with The Wastelands and added TDoTT (thanks David) recently. The sale of my House in CA and move to NM allowed me to purchase some of Jae Lee's fantastic Gunslinger Born art (11 pages so far) and my "Holy Grail" a Whelan remarqued DT7.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Dave! Glad to have you here. And you are welcome for the S/L Drawing of the Three. Now, if only I could find you a S/L Gunslinger.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Welcome Dave! Glad to have you here. And you are welcome for the S/L Drawing of the Three. Now, if only I could find you a S/L Gunslinger.
    ME FIRST!!!!!!!!

Welcome, Dave!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to see you, Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    ... allowed me to purchase some of Jae Lee's fantastic Gunslinger Born art (11 pages so far) ...
    Hope you post pics of these in the original comic art thread. Pretty please.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

Hey Everyone -

My name is Jim from NY. I've been a Constant Reader since I was a high school kid in the late 80s - first King book I read was the HC of The Dark Half to give you a tighter time frame. Over the years I managed to gather a collection of trade HCs of all King's work.

My first toe in the water of true collecting was this past December when I got my s/l SoD. Since then, I've added a bunch of limiteds to my collection, but nothing particularly rare - such as the limiteds of Desperation & Insomnia, My Pretty Pony, etc... Like I said, things that are pretty much readily available, but still a nice foundation to being building my collection.

Hope we've been well met and to become a regular contributor to this board.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nyy3723a View Post
    Hey Everyone -

My name is Jim from NY. I've been a Constant Reader since I was a high school kid in the late 80s - first King book I read was the HC of The Dark Half to give you a tighter time frame. Over the years I managed to gather a collection of trade HCs of all King's work.

My first toe in the water of true collecting was this past December when I got my s/l SoD. Since then, I've added a bunch of limiteds to my collection, but nothing particularly rare - such as the limiteds of Desperation & Insomnia, My Pretty Pony, etc... Like I said, things that are pretty much readily available, but still a nice foundation to being building my collection.

Hope we've been well met and to become a regular contributor to this board.

Welcome Jim. We are indeed well met. What part of NY do you hail from (as it's a BIG state)? I work in NYC during the week. Dolan lives and works in the city. If you are a city dweller, that would be pretty cool!

Welcome and we look forward to you comments/pictures etc in the Collector's Forum.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome from the west coast as well, Jim! Glad you've joined us.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Jim.
    Hope to see you here often.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Welcome Jim. We are indeed well met. What part of NY do you hail from (as it's a BIG state)? I work in NYC during the week. Dolan lives and works in the city. If you are a city dweller, that would be pretty cool!

Welcome and we look forward to you comments/pictures etc in the Collector's Forum.
    Hi Wizard - live and work on Long Island, make my way into Manhattan a few times a year though, so I'm pretty darn close to you guys. I think I will become a regular around here, I've gotten the King collecting bug pretty bad and, as money allows, I'll be looking to add to my collection as often as I can!

I recently decided that its time to divest myself of all my DVD & CDs on e-bay, so any profits I make from there will be redirected into my King collection. Unfortunatley, I wont be able to post any pics for a while, I recently moved and won't be unpacking my books until early next year when I finally get to set my new media room up, but as soon as I can post pics, I will!

And thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Don't talk to Dave (Wiz) too much, he may affect your wallet! LOL

J/K Love you Dave!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotta respect a person who sells off their other worldly possessions in order to buy more SK books.

You've definitely come to the right place.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Don't talk to Dave (Wiz) too much, he may affect your wallet! LOL

J/K Love you Dave!!!
    I resemble that remark!!!!
    Back at ya Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Gotta respect a person who sells off their other worldly possessions in order to buy more SK books.

You've definitely come to the right place.

I'm also wondering if the time is right to finally sell my comic books from when I was a kid. My only issue is not knowing hwo to grade them properly for posting on E-Bay - I need to look into that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Allbad is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Allbad's Avatar

Sold all my comics after my separation. Hard grading 'em and hard getting top dollar for 'em on Ebay. There are just too many people selling the same thing.

Cried when i had to sell my FF #1 and X-men #1. I had sooo many key issues from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, etc.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear about having to part with your collecion.
    Time to start a new one.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Allbad is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Allbad's Avatar

No space to hold 'em. I had over 55 long boxes. All bagged/boarded.
    I think i got into it sooo much as a way to buy happiness during an unhappy marriage. I always thought the next back issue would finally be the last one i needed to complete my collection. Never happened. Much like Roland, this was an impossible quest.

Do i miss 'em? Not really. It was kinda freeing not being that addicted to comics. Now, i only buy the ones that interest me. Once done with 'em, i pass 'em on to tick-tock boy.

Only kept two out of my collection FF #66 and 67. Purchased at a comic convention in NYC the day my son was born. The issue are 1st appearance and origin of Him a.ka. Adam Warlock. Sometimes i think i should've named my son that.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert Allbad View Post
    ... Only kept two out of my collection FF #66 and 67. Purchased at a comic convention in NYC the day my son was born. ...
    Is it safe to assume that you plan to pass them along to him someday? Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert Allbad View Post
    Hard grading 'em and hard getting top dollar for 'em on Ebay. There are just too many people selling the same thing.
    That is the only thing holding me back from doing it. I know I'll be disapointed in both the time I need to put into grading and the amount of cash I'll actually get from it. One of these days...

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I've been such a bad moderator! I have been neglecting you guys for so long. I was on vacation though and I'm glad to be back and also glad to see that everything is managing fine without me thanks to Patrick and Randall!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

We forgive you, Kenny!

(Welcome back!)

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've missed you, Kenny. Glad you're back!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here, nice to see you back around Kenny
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

your doing a very good job here dolan. as always .

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Airtraffic--great to see you.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

Yeap, it's been a long time. Just got back from Kuwait, started work again, had my 2nd Son, Family all over the place and now things are getting back to normal. Thank God. This place looks good and I think it will be fun just being a regular member...whew....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast