Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to hear from you again, Carl.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to hear from you Carl. In a day or two I will merge this thread into the
    Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry thread.

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

Glad you are here to point me in the right direction.... Just like the good old days....has it been just as fun?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Airtraffic View Post
    Glad you are here to point me in the right direction.... Just like the good old days....has it been just as fun?
    Take a look around. It has been/is a blast. Significantly less drama. We talk about the old drama in the
    DT.Net remembrances, gossip, innuendo, dirt and flaming. Warning-"R" Rated! thread.

Nice, I'll check it out. Funny cause I was at work with some young guys and one of them started talking about this new book he started reading....called the Gunslinger.....and I was like, "Son come here let me tell you how you need to complete this series." Made me feel good.

you can close or merge this when you feel.

HI JOHN!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Air! Nice to see you around again
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to see you again Carl

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Airtraffic! Great to see you posting again!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey there.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Lots of the older folk lurkin' 'round here

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Kenny, how have you been? You've got to start posting more!

John

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I DO have to start posting more! There's been a lot going on lately. I've moved (NYC still, but to Times Square), I've traveled, blah blah.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to see you old-timey ex-.net Collectibles mods!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God's Avatar

I bless all of the Collectors here.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I bless all of the Collectors here.
    God has spoken!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone heard from Tippy4 recently? I miss him!

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not in quite some time.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Turtlex is MIA as well!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    We had discussed this a while ago. She underwent some serious personal issues and had to drop out for a while. Hopefully she'll be back soon.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    We had discussed this a while ago. She underwent some serious personal issues and had to drop out for a while. Hopefully she'll be back soon.

John
    Well, she has nothing but my sincere Best Wishes for a good resolution. She's a very nice and thoughtful lady!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, she is wonderful. I miss her.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Greetings -- my fellow SK collectors. My name is John and this introduction is long overdue. I bumped into this site by accident a couple years ago looking for a "hard-to-find" item. I've tried to read everything here but I've still not succeeded. I have looked (with great respect -- and some envy) at most of the collections posted. You all should be very proud of your efforts and of this site. I hope that my postings will provide some value...or maybe just some humor.

Some of you already know me through book dealings and other conversations we've had. But here's some background for those who've never heard of me. I began collecting SK in the early 80s. Dan Klamkin was a significant source for books -- especially UK titles. I personally know Michael Autry and can attest that he epitomizes the underside of SK collecting. He was, however, the source of some of my early titles. I was a real newbie in those days -- and some would say that I haven't evolved much in the last couple of decades! I had a decent collection back then but life events forced me to make the difficult decision to sell my books in the mid-90s. I found Stu at Betts and negotiated an agreeable price and left the SK collecting world. I had all the SLs numbered including DT1-3 (#222, I think) and a Firestarter from each of the four days! I stayed inactive for the next 12 or so years.

I don't know what woke me back up in 2004 but I had deep regret for being away for so long, knew I missed tremendous opportunities, and vowed that I'd come back. And now I'm here... I have a few "most prized" possessions that involve The Plant and 'Salem's Lot...and Firestarter. I guess I'd call myself a completist but I'm under no illusions that my inventory will ever achieve the status of "The Best of Show". I recently began collecting proofs, in addition to first editions, signed firsts, numbered SLs and Lettered editions. There are still holes to fill – especially in the proof arena. My most read book is The Stand and my most looked-at book is an extremely rare SL Brazilian pictorial edition of The Girls Who Loved Tomas Gorrdon. I really need to inventory my entire collection before I can provide everyone with pictures or glimpses into it. I hope to have that done within a few months -- depending upon my work schedule.

I read Koontz, Simmons, Barker, McCammon, Grisham, Baldacci, Connelly and many more -- especially when time permits. I have a few odds and ends that pertain to some of those guys but nothing earth shattering. This is rather long so I'll stop here so I can watch some of the early football games. Thanks for reading this far...hope this qualifies as an introductory message! I'll have some additional posts on a couple of current threads that should answer some questions while providing some background on a couple of current events.

GO PACKERS!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome John! Post often and I'm sure we'd love to see your collection when you have time.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast