Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome to the Corner, Siep!! You'll find the best group ( IMHO ) of collector's in the world here!

You should definitely check out the collections thread and see some of the amazing items the folks here have.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, Siep's post made me realize that I didn't properly introduce myself in the Collector's board yet after all these months (even though I hardly venture outside Calvin's Corner). So, here goes:

My name is Michaël ('Mee-cha-el' with a guttural 'ch'), I'm a Dutch 34-year old biologist (I obtained my PhD researching molecular and behavioral aspects of learning and memory formation ).

I've been reading King since the mid-80's. My collection started out as a bunch of battered (Dutch) paperbacks. Later I moved on to reading King in English and I started randomly buying second hand US and UK editions of King's work, still oblivious to first editions, limiteds, etcetera; the true collecting phase started fairly recently. Nevertheless, I have a decent collection of about 300 books:

- The older Dutch editions, which I keep for nostalgic reasons (I posted some pics in the Foreign Editions thread a while ago)
    - Most of the US 1st/1sts (need list: 'Salem's Lot and Night Shift)
    - Many UK 1st/1sts (want list: Carrie, Night Shift, The Stand)
    - Most of the limited gift editions and a DTVII AE
    - All Bachman pockets (US and UK) except Roadwork
    - ... and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff, some foreign editions, and some proofs, of which the The Stand Uncut partial and complete proofs are the most noteworthy

I do not own any S/L books (yet).

My girlfriend and I both love to read so we buy many books, but most of them in second hand paperback format; King is the only author we really collect in terms of hardbacks/limiteds/different editions.

Apart from reading, I play and teach capoeira, I play the guitar, and I enjoy hiking, cycling, nature, travelling and my social life!

So, that's about it... oh, and my most prized possession in terms of King is my collection in its entirety

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Siep and Michaël.

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Hi!

Time to introduce myself.
    My name is Siep (pronounced as seep) and I'm from The Netherlands.
    I read my first King-novel in 1975, Carrie. I do believe I first saw the movie...
    A couple of years later I read The Stand, which turned me into a lifelong constant reader.

Collecting signed/limiteds is my biggest King-passion. I own many of these editions, from Christine to practically all of the Dark Tower Grants (except for the first volume), to The Stand to...well, you name it.

I also like to collect Kings books in any language I can find, hardcover.
    At the moment my collection totals about 300 books.

Can't wait for Under the Dome!

sk (being my own initials....)
    You should start a collection thread, if you can find the time. I'd love to see those foreign editions (which I collect too) and the rest.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Welcome Siep and Michaël.

You should start a collection thread, if you can find the time. I'd love to see those foreign editions (which I collect too) and the rest.
    I know this wasn't directed at me but I actually have a website for my collection not all of my King-books are there, I left the 'holiday paperbacks' (well-travelled, battered and torn) out. Use the top menu to navigate between Dutch, US, UK, foreign editions and 'books on King', and the menus at the right to navigate between novels, collections, limiteds etcetera.

By the way, I built the site in Joomla and older browsers may have some layout issues that I cannot control, so: best viewed in IE8, FF or Safari.

*edit* I'm slowly replacing all 'front photos' with better ones as you can see.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yeah! I'm happy to see everyone's collections. The mention of the foreign editions really got my attention though. I'm going to look at yours now.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yeah! I'm happy to see everyone's collections. The mention of the foreign editions really got my attention though. I'm going to look at yours now.
    Well of course my Dutch books are foreign to you as well but other than that, I don't have that many. Siep definitely has more!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I have no dutch editions. It's nice to be able to see them. I have seen the ones you've posted before. The only one I see that I have already is the French Gerald's Game HC. You have a really nice collection and a great looking site there.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I have no dutch editions. It's nice to be able to see them. I has seen the ones you posted before. You have a really nice collection and a great looking site there.
    Thanks there's actually a fairly large amount of Dutch editions but I've never collected them all and I recently sold part of what I had. I know several people who collect every different reprint/ISBN/cover etc. and such a collection easily reaches a few hundreds of books. But I hate the fact that most editions are paperbacks and also, the artwork is often not my taste.

As far as US/UK editions go, I'm slowly getting there...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I should have met you before you sold them. And if I had the means I'd be collecting every single edition/cover/isbn. Now I just gather what I can.

The US/UK part of my collection still needs quite a bit more too.

If you rescue me

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the Corner Siep and Michaël. Good to see some more cloggies here.

I visit the Netherlands quite a lot, although I've cut back on my visits recently.

If you have any SK questions, this is the place to ask.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the Corner, Siep and Michaël! Glad to have you here. I look forward to checking out the link to your collection, Michaël. Siep, please know that you are welcome to start a thread in the Collections subforum. We'd love to see yours as well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Siep, please know that you are welcome to start a thread in the Collections subforum. We'd love to see yours as well.
    I'd love to, and when I find the time I'll post a couple of pictures.
    First I'm off to a four-week U.S. vacation, though.

I'm sure I'll find the time once I'm back.

sk

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Siep, please know that you are welcome to start a thread in the Collections subforum. We'd love to see yours as well.
    I'd love to, and when I find the time I'll post a couple of pictures.
    First I'm off to a four-week U.S. vacation, though.

I'm sure I'll find the time once I'm back.

sk
    What parts of the U.S. do you plan to visit?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What parts of the U.S. do you plan to visit?
    For years it has been my goal to visit all 50 states.
    Five more to go....
    This year we'll be flying to NYC, and visit, amongst others, South Carolina and Kentucky.
    Then, some other time, three more to go: North Dakota, Kansas and Oklahoma.

sk

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's impressive that you have visited 45 of the States already, 47 after this trip.

Have a wonderful time!

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So now i want to introduce me here.
    My Name is Chris, I´m 31 and comes from germany. Nearly since 17 Years I´m a big fan of King. My Collection is my pride. There are near all german Hardcovers, and a few US/UK Editions.
    Please excuse my bad english!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Chris! I like your collection!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John!
    Here in germany are not really Signed or Limited Editions of King available (Only 4 books)
    So i have to collect now US and UK editions!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome. Your English is far better than my Deutsch.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Willkommen Chris

Your collection is wunderbar

Hope you stay around. I guarantee you will make a lot of good friends here.

Auf Wiedersehen fürs Erste

Mulleins

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Resident Chris, to TDT.com and to Calvin's Corner!

No worries about your English, it's better than some Americans'!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the Corner Chris.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Chris - Welcome to the site and to Calvin's Corner. Your English seems great - no worries !!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks at all! It´s great to see that a lot of other people are "crazy" like me

Gunslinger Apprentice ewald is on a distinguished road ewald's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know the feeling. My wife doesn't understand me always, but at least you all do!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast