Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

KENNY MY LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss you!!!! You don't bring me flowers...wait, not going that route!

BUT I MISS YOU!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to see you again Kenny.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Thanks matt - that baby is ADORABLE!!!!!!

How do I get one of those cool little titles under my name? I want one

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Kenny!

Great to see you posting again! Are you still avidly collecting Joe Hill? You really ought to start a thread in the Collections subform. I'd love to see what you've got - not just King. Do you still own that 1st/1st of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for which I still yearn?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    ... How do I get one of those cool little titles under my name? I want one
    Read the first post in this thread, and then assuming you have $5000 of Beam Bucks (site play money), post in the thread requesting a Gold Membership: Beam Bucks Store thread
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey there Kenny, good to see you here.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hey Kenny!

Great to see you posting again! Are you still avidly collecting Joe Hill? You really ought to start a thread in the Collections subform. I'd love to see what you've got - not just King. Do you still own that 1st/1st of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for which I still yearn?

Read the first post in this thread, and then assuming you have $5000 of Beam Bucks (site play money), post in the thread requesting a Gold Membership: Beam Bucks Store thread
    And if you don't have enough just say how much you need and you will have it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point, Brice, thanks for pointing that out.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you saying he doesn't need help now?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Hey Kenny!

Oh Hey Patrick! I do still have it actually - I recently brought a lot of my books to my parents house because in the summer there was a fire in my building (thankfully no one was hurt), nothing was damaged... but still it put my mind thinking and I removed a lot of my valuable stuff. But easy to get photos, of course. I will check it out. I have a lot! lol

Also, I will look into that Beam Bucks. Right now I had a lowly $705 (which went to $655 after a bad deal of blackjack!!! But this will give me incentive to keep posting hehe.

Thanks for your help Patrick and Brice!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad no one was hurt in that fire, Kenny, and that you didn't lose anything.

I just sent over $4,147 in Beam Bucks to you. Sounds like you've been gambling, but let us know if you're still short.

Thank you PatttttriiickkkkkkK!

I cant WAIT to change my little thing! hhehe

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just changed you over Kenny. You were a little short but I made up the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I just changed you over Kenny. You were a little short but I made up the difference
    YOu guys! THanks so much...really appreciate all your help! So Excited! Now what to change it to?!?!?

Demon of the Prim Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Needless to say my King books are so very special to me...with limited funds I can't afford the limited editions, signed, etc..but I love what I have..which is about all of them. I have the complete DT series on audio, too, and SK reads the first three...aside from that I collect books until there's no more room...then I go through them and "donate" to other readers. I also collect..memories...some are antiques that are worth a lot of $$$$ but to me they are memories of childhood, parents, relatives and friends..old toys, books, etc. Love them the most!
    Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Lost Rose, welcome to the Corner. The DT audiobooks read by King are always in demand.

Kenny, great member title!

Demon of the Prim Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lost Rose, welcome to the Corner. The DT audiobooks read by King are always in demand.
    Thanks so much..learning the board and found this place...so nice!
    I got those before it was an "in" thing...I keep listening to them and I'm afraid they'll snap..maybe I should store them and replace them with the CD's to be on the safe side!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think CD's of King's readings are available. And welcome!

John

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Thank you for the welcome, and, I know they aren't but...I can listen to someone else read and keep my King ones safe!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    One could create their own personal CD's (for that matter, flash drive copies) by converting their original paid for cassette(s), using it for singular personal use. Audio quality would be fair at best, but it is a reading, not music.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

DBF added a cassette player to his hard drive to convert tapes to CD. It worked really well until it ate one of his tapes.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I plug my cassette tape player into my stereo jack on my PC soundcard and convert to mp3 files.

I can then put them on CDs or MP3 player without loss of quality. (The higher the quality, the larger the file size).

Lots of King audiobooks have just been released on CD format for the first time recently. I have all the cassette ones.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a lot but not all...and, I'm not good at computers and the lingo, so...I like what y'all are saying but not a clue as to what you mean...old dog, new tricks and all that!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I don't need this because of the wonderful Mr. Rabbit, but you guys should try out audible.com. It has all the King audio books (all out of print ones too) for download, and for reasonable prices.

I use it for some other authors like Bradbury where they have audio books that have long been out of print.

And welcome to the corner Lost Rose!
    Geoff

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a big fan of audible.com as well.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the first time in the history of the site there are no new recent comments on the first page of this forum.

Kind of odd--but there has been so much activity lately--could be my perception is skewed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast