Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Default Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Welcome collectors - tell us about yourself here. Maybe tell us about your most prized collectible?
    Last edited by Scott Landon; 02-09-2009 at 02:54 AM.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello.
    I'm Ari, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and my most preciated item is my personalized Lisey's Story. The other one is my set DT1-4 Viking 1sts signed.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, I'm John from the Cleveland, Ohio area. I've been collecting King for a long, long time (I'm probably one of the oldest members of these forums!) and have most of the signed limiteds, many of the proofs and most of the first editions of King's works, both from the US and the UK. I also have a number of signed works.

My most prized King possession is really hard to determine. I have a signed numbered copy of The New Lieutenants Rap and a copy of the US proof of Cell. Both are fairly rare!

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to showcase some collections on the site page for this forum (I am going to try and set it up to look like a restaurant)

So takes some photos you guys and have them ready for us to publish out there.

I think it would be a great way to interact and highlight great collections.

<--told everyone he knows that King collectibles is all he wants on holidays for the rest of his life.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My name's Brice Beede. I'm from Boston, Mass. but live in North Carolina now. I know what the most valuable items in my collection are. I'm not so sure about which is most prized though. I treasure them all dearly...every bookmark and cheap paperback. I think my SK collection as a whole is my most prized possesion though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I would love to showcase some collections on the site page for this forum (I am going to try and set it up to look like a restaurant)

So takes some photos you guys and have them ready for us to publish out there.
    I'm sure we have photos ready now....I know I do.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I don't think any of the collectors would have trouble finding pics of their collections.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I'm stupid

If I had anything near what you guys have I would not only photo it but also sleep with it.

Okay, dig those pics up then--could be people need an update for newer stuff.

<--grasping at straws.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to wait to post most of mine. The bulk of my collection is in storage.
    Still I have my more valuable books here with me but, my only means of posting pics is the other computer and it won't get a signal right now.
    The rest of these guys can probably innundate you with pictures though. There probably should be a thread just for that.

If you rescue me

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    There probably should be a thread just for that.
    Yes. I figured that I would let someone else kick it off.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Good thread idea Brice

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I would but...since I can't get to my pictures...I'll let someone else do it too.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

There it is.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool!

If you rescue me

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, I'm Patrick. It's great to see so many familiar people stopping by the Restaurant. Please go ahead and invite any other collectors that you don't see here already.

My most valuable collectible has got to be my Signed Limited (S/L) of THE STAND. It is truly a beautiful production - and a great book! My most prized book is difficult to decide, but it would be either my (unsigned) 1st edition/1st printing (1st/1st) of THE GUNSLINGER or my personally inscribed copy of HEART-SHAPED BOX by Joe Hill from the second time I met him.

I'm sure someone will start a Collectible Hill thread sometime soon.

Welcome Everyone!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am Karen. Originally from Lynn Ma but living in Exeter, NH and don't plan on leaving any time soon.

I have been reading King since I was 15. I have been collecting since I was in my 20's. I started with just the hard covers and paperbacks. I didn't move onto signed limiteds until recently.

My most prized possession??? Not even King. I have a signed Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince from Harry Carrie and Garp. Something that I will cherish forever....
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, my name is Geoff!

I like long walks in the park, mint chocolate chip ice cream, and reading horror novels.

I’m looking for a SWF who likes long walks in the park, mint chocolate chip ice cream and reading horror novels.

I’m from Ohio, and King is who I collect the most, his books dwarf the rest of my collection. But as some have noticed from the DT.net I collect a lot of other authors. Ray Bradbury, Neil Gaiman, and Charles de Lint are probably my next largest group. But I’m getting into Brian Keene, and have been a collector of Ray Garton, Joe Lansdale, Dean Koontz, and Douglas Clegg for a while, as well as many others. If it’s interesting, I’ll buy it, lol.

I'm with Patrick, I think the Limited Edition of The Stand is probably my most prised King book I own.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent intro, Geoff.

I think we ought to start separate threads at some point for each author (Bradbury, Gaiman, Hill, Koontz, etc.) to showcase those collectibles, then others who collect an author, or are just really interested in that author, can add on to that particular thread.

If the idea turns out to be lousy, we can always just merge them all together later.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My name is Aaron and I live in Denver, CO. My most prized collectible would probably be my Drawing of the Three collection. I have 1st and 2nd Grant editions and the Viking edition signed by Phil Hale, and the CastleRock newsletter for the release of Drawing of the Three, also signed by Hale. Also, I have a collection of signed prints from Hale's paintings for the 2nd edition.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm David, live in CT and work in New York City. I have been reading Stephen King for the better part of 20 years and have been an avid collector of his works for almost 10. More recently, I have begun to collect Dark Tower-related remarques and artwork by Michael Whelan.

My collection is quite large, as Dolan and Nerak can attest, and the Dark Tower series is the heart of my collection. As for favorites in my collection, it would be extremely difficult to single out one item, but ranking high on my pride and joy list are:

8 Michael Whelan remarqued copies of DT VII
    5 complete same-numbered S/L DT sets
    Lettered Gunslinger
    DT VII UK proof (1 of 100, but the only one I believe that is signed by both King and Whelan)

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

My name is Kenny...I am 25, I live in New York City. I have been collecting books since I was 22 and I have quite the collection already (if I dont say so myself). My family has been collecting books for years but not to the extent that I have.

I dont have a whole lot of Stephen King items, but I do have great pieces. I also collect other authors like Philip Roth, Toni Morrison, Cormac McCarthy, and my most recent enjoyment, Joe Hill.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Oh yes, I can attest to David's large, um, collection!!

It's quite impressive!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Hello.
    I'm Ari, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and my most preciated item is my personalized Lisey's Story. The other one is my set DT1-4 Viking 1sts signed.
    What is 'personalized'?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

"Personalized" means the inscription in the book was to him.

John

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Ohhhh, that is really cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast