Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to see you again!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Hey guys, been away for a few years but I've returned from the void!

Who's still around from the old days?
    Me.

Gunslinger Apprentice chaos-consultants will become famous soon enough chaos-consultants's Avatar

Hi My name is John and I am a Kingaholic!

I logged into this forum way back when it first started and haven't been back in years. I was one of the earliest Skemers and have been seriously collecting King as a completist since 1989 right when Castle Rock ended. As far as favourite items, hard to say as well. I have a number of the late Charlie Fried pieces, a manuscript of Chattery Teeth, the original Tommyknockers typewriter from the movie, most of the Dead Zone TV show props, a set of Ubris and various original pieces of art and early signed proofs. I have complete runs of most King fanzines including the Red Letter, Dave's Rage, CR, and OCP/Betts/Beahm/Time tunnel issues, and I reprinted the SKIN fanzine in a limited run back in 2004? . My wishlist is for the Complete Garbage Truck set but I am happy with the three originals I do have!

Hopefully I can be in here a little more often in the future and it's good to already recognize some familiar faces.
    Best..as always
    John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back!
    It sounds like a nice collection you have.

May I ask what are the following fanzines? I never heard about them : "Red Letter, CR, and OCP/Betts/Beahm/Time tunnel issues"
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Hi John, where have you been?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back John. With that collection, I'd love to see you start a collections thread!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chaos-consultants View Post
    Hi My name is John and I am a Kingaholic!

I logged into this forum way back when it first started and haven't been back in years. I was one of the earliest Skemers and have been seriously collecting King as a completist since 1989 right when Castle Rock ended. As far as favourite items, hard to say as well. I have a number of the late Charlie Fried pieces, a manuscript of Chattery Teeth, the original Tommyknockers typewriter from the movie, most of the Dead Zone TV show props, a set of Ubris and various original pieces of art and early signed proofs. I have complete runs of most King fanzines including the Red Letter, Dave's Rage, CR, and OCP/Betts/Beahm/Time tunnel issues, and I reprinted the SKIN fanzine in a limited run back in 2004? . My wishlist is for the Complete Garbage Truck set but I am happy with the three originals I do have!

Hopefully I can be in here a little more often in the future and it's good to already recognize some familiar faces.
    Best..as always
    John
    Welcome back!! Pics!! We want Pics!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice chaos-consultants will become famous soon enough chaos-consultants's Avatar

Thanks everyone for the welcome backs...

I really have not spent that much time focused on writing about King on boards since Skemers folded. I am still just as active buying though I have slowed down. As far as pics go...we'll see. Because of the volume of items I have I have had to box a lot of it up until I get a larger house...unfortunately. Once I start taking pics I do plan to write a book and publish some type of pictorial bibliography. I'll look at starting a collectibles thread at some point. My primary interest has always been promotional material, newspapers, fanzines, and other hard to find materials. Even though the lettereds and uber-lettered are nice they are somewhat easy to find ... if you have the money. So my focus has been on the firnge items. For example, I have all movie posters, presskits, and lobby cards for all of kings's movies...

As far as he who posted: "Red Letter, CR, and OCP/Betts/Beahm/Time tunnel issues"

Red Letter was published by Greg who is on this board I believe and was a King fanzine (about 30 issues) that sprouted after CR folded (Castle Rock - about 60 issues) in 1989. Also at the same time Craig Goden from the Time Tunnel ramped up his catalog to also have King worthy news and updates (I have about 20 issues). George Beahm also started a news zine (about 5 letters then Phantasmagoria), Stuart Tinker at Betts Bookstore sent out his monthly Catalog (I have about 25 issues), and Dave Hinchberger at Overlook (OCP) as well. Dave actually started much earlier I think even around the same time Castle Rock started. I have about 25 issues as well (There are about 50 I think and so I am looking for others. Dave's Rag was/is a french fanzine also post CR and Dave sent me copies of the first 40 issues or so. I also have a complete run of Tenebres (French) which was slightly more of a formal publication/magazine. I also have a complete run of SKIN (about 25 issues) and worked with Lori to publish a reprint of the issues in a lettered edition. I tried to use the same type of wraps that was used for the Plant and I am pretty sure John you bought one. I technically have Lori's blessing to reprint SKIN but I have lost touch with her over the years. I am always keen to buy this ephemera even if I have doubles. I am also keen on newspapers - I have about 25 of the original King non-fiction in Bangor Daily News. What I have not doe is what John..you have done and chase after all the proofs. I only have about half of the proofs. Maybe that's next...

Best
    John

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Welcome back John. With that collection, I'd love to see you start a collections thread!

John
    Hell yeah !!!!!!
    We all float down here!

Traveler worldwally10 is on a distinguished road

New here and poking around. Cool site.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by worldwally10 View Post
    Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by worldwally10 View Post
    Welcome also! Please feel free to post often.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, John and worldwally10!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know what happened to natehorning? He used to post on Calvin's corner and showed some incredible acquisitions, but his last post is from 2012.

And another one I haven't seen posting in a while is Hutch. Does anyone keep contact with him? I remember he had some tough times last time he posted but he was moving toward the surface again.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've noticed that Nate has been listed in the ones who are logged in and viewing occasionally, but, as you said, he hasn't posted in quite a while.

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

he's on right now! Say Hi Nate
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Chaos,

Didnt we meet in Bangor at a SKEMERCon way back when????

Welcome aboard!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Yes Bob, we did meet at the very first SkemerCon in 1995. I remember spending a lot of my time that weekend with you Kevin Quigley and Rich Demars! I bought Jonathon's T-shirt collection so I have like 10 of the Skemers T-Shirts!! Jay Torreso is another one whom I have lost touch with over the years.

Best
    John

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Came back yesterday after being away almost 5 years (sometime in 2009). Recently lost someone close and have gone back to things I used to love doing - collecting Stephen King books and reading about King - to occupy my mind. Glad to be back. The past two nights especially reading through this forum has been great for occupying my mind. Love seeing all your posts.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, welcome back!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    Came back yesterday after being away almost 5 years (sometime in 2009). Recently lost someone close and have gone back to things I used to love doing - collecting Stephen King books and reading about King - to occupy my mind. Glad to be back. The past two nights especially reading through this forum has been great for occupying my mind. Love seeing all your posts.
    Sorry for your loss and welcome back.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Welcome back!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast