Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great news!

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Very glad to hear everything's going well
    Geoff

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

For various and sundry reasons, I've been largely offsite the past month. So I just saw Dave's post for the first time.

Dave, I hope things are progressing as planned post-surgery and hope to hear that it went well. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. You have earned a lot of respect from a lot of people, and I have no doubt that you'll meet the right woman who recognizes and appreciates all you have to offer.

Best,
    - Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shibus View Post
    I just got off the phone with him. Wanted to pass on his thanx to everyone for the kind words and support. Lost a couple Lymph nodes but the biopsies were clean and they were able to stay away from that Nerve he was so worried about. Great News actually. 2-4 weeks of recovery and should be back to his Onery self....... Oh yeah, One more thing. He's met someone. She sounds like a sweetheart.
    FANTASTIC on both counts!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Awsome! Perhaps this is a lame idea but I'd be happy to pitch in $5-$10 to send him a welcome home flower basket or something similar from his dt friends...if someone's willing to do the legwork of arranging it in the UK.
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    Awsome! Perhaps this is a lame idea but I'd be happy to pitch in $5-$10 to send him a welcome home flower basket or something similar from his dt friends...if someone's willing to do the legwork of arranging it in the UK.
    Great idea. I'd contribute as well if someone wants to spearhead it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Count me in for a donation!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd happily donate. Dave and Greg(shibus) have saved me some serious $$'s over the years with their sterling advice on signatures.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Count me in, as well!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm only an hour away
    could grab him something???
    Thoughts?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I'm only an hour away
    could grab him something???
    Thoughts?
    Makes sense Mike, if you'd be willing. We could Paypal you donations????

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

Hey Mike, If you want to put together something nice and get it to him I'm in too.
    I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad Dave's doing better and that things are looking up for him in general... (heh, I made a funny and didn't even think about it.)

Country
    Country Flag

You know him pretty well, Mike - you fly and we'll buy! Thanks for offering, too.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll chip in for a well-wishes gift. Just post the link or give me a PM or something...

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks
    I will grab something and get it to him next week!!
    More to follow!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll send something towards this too.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

me too!!! me too!!! Let us know where to send donations!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got off the phone with Dave-he sounded really good-best I've heard him in the last four days. He should be going home today!
    More to follow...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

awsome news!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default I'm back

thanks for all the good wishes and prayers. I'm feeling pretty solid considering all that I've been through. As for the cancer I don't think it could have been detected much earlier. Surgery was a must because of the high Gleason score of 8. It was a pretty aggressive form of prostate cancer. From all accounts it did not get beyond the prostate. Biopsies were taken for all the surrounding areas.

At worst I'd say it feels as if I've been hit in the stomach with a baseball bat at times. I do have a pretty high tolerance for pain. I'm the guy that goes to the dentist and tells them to just drill and that I'll pass on the Novocaine. I'm not real big on pain meds but have found it a relief every now and then.

It looks as if I'll be out of work for between 4 to 6 weeks. I don't know what I'll do with all my spare time. Perhaps I'll sell a few books. The 10 pound weight restriction may hamper some of my packaging efforts. Thank goodness I have two hopefully helpful teenage daughters.

But for right now I think I'm doing remarkably well and hope the trend continues.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast