Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, I wonder why.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Rachel, it's great to hear from you. I look forward to seeing photos of your work-in-progress if you see fit. I'm sure the final piece will be outstanding!

Rosandra, welcome to TDT.com. Hope you stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Patrons of Calvin's Corner will be happy to know that our Collectibles Catalog is the second entry when searching google for

Dark Tower Collectibles
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Traveler Patrick19 is on a distinguished road Patrick19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone - I'm Patrick and currently live in Atlanta.
    It's hard to say what the most prized item in my collection is. If I were to go on price tag alone, it would have to be the S/L edition of Dark Dreamers, which is signed by King, Richard Matheson, and about 20 other great authors.
    If I based my decision on personal value, I'd have to go with the signed/numbered print of Whelan's 'Legends' painting. I just got that a couple of months ago from my fiance as my birthday gift - she knows what makes me happy!!
    I hope to one day have a personalized King book.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Patrick19, welcome to TDT.com and to Calvin's Corner. Please don't hesitate to join in any discussion.
    - Patrick
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Patrick19. Welcome to our little corner. Those are two great items you mentioned.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello Patrick19! With those items it sounds like you'll fit right in.
    Geoff

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys......and gals. I've been lurking around here for a couple of months now and never really "officially" introduced myself. My name is Nick and I live in Milwaukee, WI. I guess my most prized piece in my collection is my 1st/1st Skeleton Crew that I received from my Aunt when I was 6 years old.(Ahh, the beginnings....) I love the aspect of hunting down a book and I believe my collection will grow exponentially over the next few years. I just discovered arc/ proofs and I think I am going to make those and PC edition S/L my main focus.....you guys have a great site here and I am glad to now be part of it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome aboard, Nick. If we can help, just let us know.

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nick, as a fan of King and as a collector, you've come to the right place. Welcome!

He hasn't posted in this thread, but it's great to see Gunkslinger here on the site and especially in Calvin's Corner.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Nick! I used to live in Milwaukee many years ago (1981-1983). I was manager of the Home shop at Gimbels in Southridge Mall and then Assistant Toy Buyer for Gimbels in the headquarters downtown. I lived close to UWM and took the bus everywhere, but that was so so long ago and Gimbels closed years and years ago.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    He hasn't posted in this thread, but it's great to see Gunkslinger here on the site and especially in Calvin's Corner.
    Ok, here's my post.

Hi, I'm Mike and I'm an ex-patriated King collector living in Central CT.

I sold my entire King collection a year and a half ago, paid off a sizable chunk of mortgage and went down the avenue of collecting small press horror lettered editions and original art. I've started a collections thread so you can see what I collect now.

I like where my collection is right now, although I still have my "alpha" King book, so who knows maybe someday...........

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Hey Gunk, welcome back!! We've missed you!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Mike!

My daughter had her birthday party at Prime Climb in November, but I knew you had already moved on from there. Welcome back to a very familiar and friendly face!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Hi Mike!

My daughter had her birthday party at Prime Climb in November, but I knew you had already moved on from there. Welcome back to a very familiar and friendly face!
    Thanks for the welcome back David. I'm very glad to be back amongst some very good friends.

Mike

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike is one of the coolest collectors around. Originator of the giveaway, he has a special place in history (at least to me).

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Mike is one of the coolest collectors around. Originator of the giveaway, he has a special place in history (at least to me).
    Wow! Thanks Jerome, that means a lot to me!

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree Jerome, I am glad to see you here Mike, and thanks for sharing your art collection, fantastic

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I agree Jerome, I am glad to see you here Mike, and thanks for sharing your art collection, fantastic
    I don't know Dave, it sounds like your art collection is pretty fantastic too. Congrats on your latest acquisitions. I've been seeing a lot of Zach McCain's in the small press lately, great work at a reasonable price I might add.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting in here, Mike.

Again, I'm glad to hear from you and get caught up since you sold off your King collection.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I don't know Dave, it sounds like your art collection is pretty fantastic too. Congrats on your latest acquisitions. I've been seeing a lot of Zach McCain's in the small press lately, great work at a reasonable price I might add.
    Zach is a great guy and you are right the prices have been VERY reasonable I have one more I asked him to do still coming, I will post when it arrives.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Well I haven't posted in here so...:

My name is Kenny (but everyone knows me as Dolan), I am 26 and I have been an avid book collector for years. My family has collected books, letters, etc., and that is how my collecting started.

I live and work in New York City and I have met several King fans from this site (and others) over the course of the years. Our dear Wizard and I have spent the most time together though (nothing naughty!).

I started out on a website called www.stephen-king.net and I heard about thedarktower.net and slowly migrated there. I became moderator of the collectors section there and I actually do miss that website a lot. With the transition to this site and the closing of dt.net, I was once moderator here as well but time constraints limited my abilities... But now we have far better mods here! Keep up the good work!

I go through phases of collecting King. I do have many other authors that I have collected over the years including Joe Hill.

But I haven't been around a whole lot lately so there are plenty of people to get to know and lots of you to reconnect with!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Well I haven't posted in here so...:

My name is Kenny (but everyone knows me as Dolan), I am 26 and I have been an avid book collector for years. My family has collected books, letters, etc., and that is how my collecting started.

I live and work in New York City and I have met several King fans from this site (and others) over the course of the years. Our dear Wizard and I have spent the most time together though (nothing naughty!).

I started out on a website called www.stephen-king.net and I heard about thedarktower.net and slowly migrated there. I became moderator of the collectors section there and I actually do miss that website a lot. With the transition to this site and the closing of dt.net, I was once moderator here as well but time constraints limited my abilities... But now we have far better mods here! Keep up the good work!

I go through phases of collecting King. I do have many other authors that I have collected over the years including Joe Hill.

But I haven't been around a whole lot lately so there are plenty of people to get to know and lots of you to reconnect with!
    Kenny-

Still loved after all this time !
    Still working for the network? You running the whole show yet? I have been relocated to 23rd and Park. Ever get to that neighborhood?

Happy new year to you and WELCOME BACK into the fold.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Still working for the network with a part time job elsewhere that is far more glamerous! But the election really took a toll on me, physically and mentally... exhausting. I am still tired from it! Lots of work. I was on the committee for Obama, too!

But ironically, my job has only just begun.

23rd huh? We might have to schedule a lunch date! All okay with the fam?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

All is fine on the home front. Thanks for asking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast