Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    I collect books (Stephen King etc) for more than 25 years.
    My German collection is to 90 % complete, inkl. all Edition Phantasia Books,
    Transgalaxis and 10+ sig. lim US / UK books.
    I'm always very interested in non US/UK King-editions. And I don't think I'm the only one. Love to see some photos of your collection (or maybe you posted these already under collections??)

I have no clue about Transgalaxis... Or maybe it's a publisher??

sk

Transgalaxis is a Publisher and a Bookseller.
    They bought the rights to binding some Heyne Jumbos (Large paperbacks) in Leather in a undefined Number of books.
    Some of the Collectors here have the "Sie" (Misery) of the Transgalaxis Books.
    Stocker has an incredible Collection.
    I´m very interested to see more of his books too!!!
    My Wishlist: Gift Editions
    Green Mile
    Talisman
    One for the Road
    It Gift Ed.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Chris View Post
    Stocker has an incredible Collection.
    That he does!!

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to say hello to the forum. Like you guys, I collect SK books, but unfortunately I don't have the huge collections some of you have. I do collect what I can, but mainly stick to the novels, etc. that I really enjoy (Christine, Everything's Eventual, From A Buick 8, etc.)
    I've been lurking on the forum for some time now and have really enjoyed reading the discussions. The collections you have are just amazing and I must say that seeing those collections, make me want to add to my meager collection.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Cujo! Please feel free to contribute often! I'm sure we all would like to see some pictures of your collection too!

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the Corner Cujo.

There are many collections on here, big and small, but all good. Join in as much as you can.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Welcome, Cujo!

Don't worry - we all start somewhere. A collection, however big or small, is what you make of it. My only advice is to really go after things you want. You don't NEED everything. Trust me, after many years and many dollars I have realized that... But whatever it is you decide you want - go get it!

Hope to see more of you around

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Cujo!!!

Visit and post often!!!

We look forward to pics of your treasures!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been on the boards for a few months, but I don't think I ever stopped by here and introduced myself. I've only been collecting for about 6 months now (both SK and Joe Hill) and I can't say how invaluable this board has been while beginning my collection. So much wonderful data about the different collectibles available and advice from different members. Some the collections that you all have amassed over the years are truly amazing. But, when us newer collectors make a purchase that we are excited about, everyone else is excited as well, even if it is a book that you've had for years. I hope to someday be able to actually spend a lot more than I am now, but I'm content with buying what I can at the moment. Thanks to everyone for all of your great posts and pictures.

Eric

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the Corner.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a great intro for the corner Eric--you pretty much describe it exactly as it was intended to be when built.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the "Old Timer's Corner", Eric!!! Grab a rocker and have a seat!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Good to see you posting Eric. Welcome

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I've been on the boards for a few months, but I don't think I ever stopped by here and introduced myself. I've only been collecting for about 6 months now (both SK and Joe Hill) and I can't say how invaluable this board has been while beginning my collection. So much wonderful data about the different collectibles available and advice from different members. Some the collections that you all have amassed over the years are truly amazing. But, when us newer collectors make a purchase that we are excited about, everyone else is excited as well, even if it is a book that you've had for years. I hope to someday be able to actually spend a lot more than I am now, but I'm content with buying what I can at the moment. Thanks to everyone for all of your great posts and pictures.

Eric
    Hey Eric-

Welcome to the best place in the world...after Betts Books of course

Welcome.

David

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the Corner, Cujo56 and Eric! We're glad to have you here. Please continue to make yourselves at home and join in any discussion.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Indeed! Welcome, Cujo and, Eric! = )

Your one stop shop for all things DT.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

***Eases into his rocker and lights a pipe***

I remember in the early aughts (2000s for you youngsters) when King books were at a premium price and finding a book signed was like winning the lottery.

Ah, to have those days back....

Traveler furrykids will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by disel24 View Post
    ***Eases into his rocker and lights a pipe***

I remember in the early aughts (2000s for you youngsters) when King books were at a premium price and finding a book signed was like winning the lottery.

Ah, to have those days back....
    Just had to join ya on that stroll down memory lane...How about the early days of our collecting when we went to used bookstores to find our gems (the collection started when we found a first ed Shining for $3). A few years later, when AOL started, we found fellow collectors and bought through them. After eBay became so popular, collecting just didn't seem to mean the same anymore.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I haven't been posting or replying but maybe when my daughter graduates from high school in 13 years...

Rosandra

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back, Rosandra! Please stop in and contribute more! (I know having kids is a little time consuming but try!)

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rosandra. It's a real blast from the past to hear from you. Tell Victor to drop in and post here too.

Bob Jackson

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know you, Rosandra, but I'm glad you are here! Welcome! Please continue to post.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi. I've been on this site for a little over a year but never posted in this thread (I don't think). Calvin's Corner is the main place on the site I visit, although I do participate in the polls and some of the book discussions.

I don't yet have a picture/collections thread; mainly b/c the task of taking all the photos and then uploading them somehow and then linking them seems daunting. I *want* to do it, just don't relish the hours upon hours of time it will take. Plus, I'm not real good with the digital age. I have a free account on villagephotos but that only allows me to have 50 pictures (which I've already filled up for other things). I registered at imageshack, but the site totally confused me.

I have 2 collections.

1) Arkham House publishing. I've got over 140 Arkham books, incluing some of the real prizes (The Outsider and Others; Beyond the Wall of Sleep; A Hornbook for Witches; Out of Space and Time; The Dark Chateau; Spells and Philtres; Always Comes Evening; Dark Carnival). I am very proud of this collection.

2) Stephen King first editions (of course!). I started out just collecting the trade firsts, but when I got a hold of a copy of Six Stories about 10 years ago, that planted the seed for the S/L editions. I have quite a few now, though by no means all. Most I have bought in the last couple of years, as my financial situation allows me a bit more leeway.

I collect only for myself. I don't look to turn books around for a profit, though I do end up with duplicates/upgrades every once in a while that allows me to try to sell a book here and there.

I guess my "prized possession" would be that Arkham Outsider, followed closely by my matched set #464 of DT IV-VII and LSOE. I have a S/L DT III but it is a different number. I have Grant firsts of I and II, but not the S/L. I have 25 other King S/L books (novels, anthologies; collaborations, etc.), and all the trade firsts from Carrie through the present.

One of these days (soon I hope!), I'll set up a collections thread for myself.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I look forward to it. I'd love to see them all...especially all those Arkhams.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Divemaster, you might want to try Photobucket.com. That site isn't as confusing as others and you have virtually unlimited storage capabilities.

I'd LOVE to see your collections! I used to collect Arkham House editions, but sold them after I kind of lost interest. I had almost all of them also.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default What the heck ever happened to....Dave Hutcheson?

Via email and telephone a few fellow collectors and customers have expressed their concern about my lack of presence in the King world the last two years or so.

After a long self imposed absence I think it's time for me to let my friends know just what's going on. (besides it feels good to vent)

The last two years have weighed heavily on me but have not got me down too much. About 1 1/2 years ago my wife left our daughters and I. It was only much later that I found out she had a new man in her life. To make a long story short, about six years ago my daughters teased about mom's new boyfriend. At the time I gave their observations little consideration. After all, I trusted my wife. Shared church activities such as church council, Sunday school, choir, volunteer efforts and church retreats allowed her to build a relationship with her best friend's husband.

To adjust to her moving out I took any job I could find (in my case backbreaking factory labor) since the book business had been unsteady for the last 4 or 5 years and a steady paycheck could help me through the transition of my wife's moving out. I really don't mind the new job, it did get me out of the house and away from the computer and for that I am truly thankful. My mindset is to view it as being paid to exercise. I thought I was in better shape than I've been in nearly 10 years. ...I'll elaborate more later.

My work schedule truly sucks (for lack of a better word)! Basically I work 12 hours shifts, 3 days on followed by 3 days off and every 12 days I switch from days to nights.

Recently, I was urged by some family members to try online dating in an attempt to bring some joy back into my life. I thought, what woman in her right mind would be interested in a fat old man, with two daughters (ages 18 and 13) who has limited funds and is on the verge of a divorce. I have gone on a couple of dates and no matter the outcome I find it very enjoyable getting out of the house and sharing activities with a companion.

Now back to that earlier ...thought I was in better shape statement. Firstly, men, get your annual physicals! About the time I went on my first date I was diagnosed with very aggressive prostate cancer. Luckily it was diagnosed early, I'm scheduled for a high resolution MRI on June 4th and surgery on June 7th. There is a good chance I'll fully recover without complication within a few months. However, there are some possible complications to consider with the surgery.

Now I can amend my earlier statement and say, what woman in her right mind would be interested in a fat old man, with two daughters (ages 18 and 13) who has limited funds, is on the verge of a divorce and has cancer (possible loss of erectile function here ladies...sounds like I'm a real catch doesn't it? )

I know it may sound bad on paper but I think I'm doing pretty well considering my circumstances. I can find humor in most anything.

It feels good to vent ... I hope this was not the wrong place to do so.

Dave

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

Grasshopper wishes Master a Stellar Future. XOXO
    I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast