Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How much Stephen King have you read?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Obviously Buzzfeed does not take as analytical an eye to their list. (we do that) I'm amused at all the folks who are put off by certain inclusions on the list, which is basically a fluff piece, when all someone did is probably pull up the amazon.com Stephen King catalog and make a list out if it.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Along the Path of the Beam Roden will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    3. On Writing. This one was just so boring and pointless that I lay it aside as soon as I fully realized it wasn't going to get any better (about one third in)
    Surprised you thought it was so pointless! The first half (autobiography part) was pretty interesting and the second half had a few good quotes and concepts. Though most I already felt I knew from my own experiences. I'm by no means a writer of fiction (at least in book form), but it did help me a little in regards to how I approach future writing tasks.

As for me, not many, I'm afraid. Only 11. I've read the Dark Tower series, It, Pet Semetary and On Writing. Next up is The Stand. I guess the rest of his books aren't as big?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sinserely... every time I read anything by King that is not fiction, I have to remind myself that it's the same author I adore and admire, the one who wrote It, The Stand, TDT and all the rest of them.

As for the length of King books, I believe The Stand is the longest! But there are quite a few big ones among others, too.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

67 for me. With one obvious exception. I will not read "Faithful" even if he paid me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I will not read "Faithful" even if he paid me.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I will not read "Faithful" even if he paid me.

LOL I'll burn it though, but only if I can wear surgical gloves. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

if someone paid me for reading, I would read anything.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read the entire cannon, except for Doctor Sleep and Mr. Mercedes, both of which are next on my list for the summer.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

71-I have not read Mr. Mercedes.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

42. I'm surprised there are that many that I haven't read.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

Exactly the same for me. I always feel like I've read a lot of his books, but then I realize how many I haven't yet read.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too. Only 50. I'll have to work on that!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Which ones couldn't you finish, Jean? And why?
    oh, but you know

1. The Running Man. Was reading it on the plane, and when the flight was over, there still were 20 or so pages left. At home, another two or three books were waiting for me, so I picked those up instead, to find out later that I irretrievably lost interest towards TRM.
    2. The Green Mile. Was reading it in Paris, all the time dreaming to buy some other book instead. As soon as found another book in my favorite bookstore at St.Michel, abandoned TGM forever (more than halfway through)
    3. On Writing. This one was just so boring and pointless that I lay it aside as soon as I fully realized it wasn't going to get any better (about one third in)
    Did you not read the stuff in On Writing that was about King's accident? That stuff is amazing.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

There might be some interviews and articles I haven't read and also mr. mercedes, but I've probably read pretty much everything else.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a lot in King's catelogue that doesn't interest me. That which does I'll and I haven't read I'll eventually get to. I've read so much King, and re-read so much King that I've needed a break the last few years. It doesn't help I was disappointed with the last two books of his I read which were Under The Dome and Desperation.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Did you not read the stuff in On Writing that was about King's accident? That stuff is amazing.
    No, I never got as far as that part. I might go back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    It doesn't help I was disappointed with the last two books of his I read which were Under The Dome and Desperation.
    bears refuse to believe it

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Relax... it's the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

True.

On the plus side, I feel a sense of relief knowing I still have a lot of King books to devour.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Relax... it's the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything

LOL Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My score: "You have read 64 out of 72 on this list!"

Have not read:
    The Plant
    Faithful
    Ur
    Throttle
    Mile 81 (never heard of it)
    A Face in the Crowd (never heard of it)
    In the Tall Grass (never heard of it)
    Mr. Mercedes (I ordered this from Amazon a month ago but they said "shipping in November" )

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Mr. Mercedes (I ordered this from Amazon a month ago but they said "shipping in November" )
    Are you sure you didn't order REVIVAL?
    That's the one for November.

sk

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I pre-ordered both books at the same time quite a while ago, and evidently they plan on shipping both together. I think I pissed them off when I declined their offer to join Amazon Prime. They are holding Mr. Mercedes hostage to punish me!

I'm not that bent out of shape over it. I've got plenty of stuff to read and it's not like the story will go away or get stale.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have not read:
    The Plant
    Faithful
    Ur
    Throttle

No one really needs to read "Faithful". It's communist propaganda I say!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Have not read:
    The Plant
    Faithful
    Ur
    Throttle
    both The Plant and In the Tall Grass are very good. Ur is nice, but nothing special. Mile 81 is so mediocre it's actually bad.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Go A's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast