Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How much Stephen King have you read?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default How much Stephen King have you read?

Here's a rather interesting quiz that someone on the SKMB posted:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzma...-have-you-read

I scored 72 out of the 72.

John

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only 54 for me.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

72 out of 72 for me too, not sure why they has some short stories mixed in. -K

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

actually, 66, because I fully intend to finish Mr.Mercedes. This figure is not very likely to grow, however, until Mr.King writes something else. Maybe I'll add Throttle sooner or later, but the other five are two baseball books, and three I could never finish, and don't think I will.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which ones couldn't you finish, Jean? And why?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I have 68. Haven't read the baseball books (probably will never read them) and haven't finished On Writing or Danse Macabre.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, mods, for moving this here. I wasn't sure where to post it.

John

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

All those except Faithful and Regulators. Not sure why UR and In the Tall Grass got a mention but something longer like The Little Sisters of Eluria didn't. Oh well.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Not sure why UR and In the Tall Grass got a mention but something longer like The Little Sisters of Eluria didn't. Oh well.
    Because they both were released as standalone ebooks (like Riding the Bullet).

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

lol what if you cant remember?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Full list for me.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    oh, but you know

1. The Running Man. Was reading it on the plane, and when the flight was over, there still were 20 or so pages left. At home, another two or three books were waiting for me, so I picked those up instead, to find out later that I irretrievably lost interest towards TRM.
    2. The Green Mile. Was reading it in Paris, all the time dreaming to buy some other book instead. As soon as found another book in my favorite bookstore at St.Michel, abandoned TGM forever (more than halfway through)
    3. On Writing. This one was just so boring and pointless that I lay it aside as soon as I fully realized it wasn't going to get any better (about one third in)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Not sure why UR and In the Tall Grass got a mention but something longer like The Little Sisters of Eluria didn't. Oh well.
    Because they both were released as standalone ebooks (like Riding the Bullet).
    In the Tall Grass was a magazine appearance first which IMO makes it even less qualified for this list than LSoF which appeared in an actual book. Among other authors, not rock stars and ads for this and that. And it's still uncollected. And it's not a collaboration.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

52 for me (after I finish Mr. Mercedes).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised I only got 46!

What is even more surprising is that I cant really remember if I have read all of the early novels or not. I think I may have but memory is foggy. I will put an * in front of those I cant remember. It may be I read them so young my recollection has faded.

So here is my "to be read list"

Carrie*
    Salem's Lot*
    The Shining*
    Night Shift*
    The Dead Zone*
    Danse Macabre*

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon*
    Riding the Bullet
    Wolves of the Calla
    Song of Susannah
    The Dark Tower
    Faithful
    Lisey's Story
    Blaze
    Just After Sunset
    UR
    Throttle
    Blockade Billy
    Mile 81
    11/22/63
    The Wind Through the Keyhole
    A Face in the Crowd
    In the Tall Grass
    Joyland
    Doctor Sleep
    Mr. Mercedes
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

56 for me

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

43. Still a bunch of early ones that I've held off, saving them for last.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Only 39 for me!

Haven't really read any new stuff... Under the Dome was the newest one, I think
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    oh, but you know

1. The Running Man. Was reading it on the plane, and when the flight was over, there still were 20 or so pages left. At home, another two or three books were waiting for me, so I picked those up instead, to find out later that I irretrievably lost interest towards TRM.
    2. The Green Mile. Was reading it in Paris, all the time dreaming to buy some other book instead. As soon as found another book in my favorite bookstore at St.Michel, abandoned TGM forever (more than halfway through)
    3. On Writing. This one was just so boring and pointless that I lay it aside as soon as I fully realized it wasn't going to get any better (about one third in)
    Brother Bear: you are missing a couple of small gems... save "On Writing."

I got a 66. I cannot get through "Thinner." I have made 2 attempts.

I question this...poll as it leaves out at least "Little Sisters."
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

71 and 3/4.

(Still reading Mr Mercedes - would have finished it on the plane, but I have a serious Breaking Bad addiction right now)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Little Sisters wasn't published as a standalone book and it's part of Everything's Eventual.

Country
    Country Flag

Little Sisters wasn't published as a standalone book and it's part of Everything's Eventual.
    In the The Tall grass isn't a standalone either. It's just one of many uncollected stories, nothing more. It's not even an e-book original.

If you're considering book format as a qualifier for the list, than also missing are Guns, an e-book original as well as uncollected.

My point is that that list is pretty arbitrary and including a single short story among his books (and e-book originals, even if one is missing) is pretty odd.

Country
    Country Flag

In the Tall Grass was published as a standalone ebook. I'm not saying it's a perfect list but I can see their logic, which is strange, granted.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    71 and 3/4.

(Still reading Mr Mercedes - would have finished it on the plane, but I have a serious Breaking Bad addiction right now)
    BOMB SHOW... if you can... watch the show CH:OS:EN. It is on Crackle or you can download it. I will tell you this... it may be the best thing I have ever watched TV wise... There are 3 seasons, 6 episodes each at 22mins long. I killed it in a night cause I could not stop... CANNOT wait for more!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast