Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How much Stephen King have you read?

Traveler Walter O Dim will become famous soon enough

I only got 26. There's some hard-core fans here. The problem I have is never knowing which King book to read next.

John F. Kennedy Ebdim9th is on a distinguished road

I read 64 on the list, but it's 66 that I can think of because From A Buick 8 and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon were not on the list. But, I can't remember, was Roadwork on the list?

Traveler Little_Monster_Gage will become famous soon enough

Adamstown, PA (Tues-Sat) Burlington, NJ (Sun & Mon)
    My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

On the quiz I've only read 14 of the listed books but like someone mentioned in an above thread that The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon was not listed and given the year the quiz was made neither was Finder's Keepers (which I have read). So that brings my grand total to 16, I'm getting there.

I've been a fan of King's for as long as I could remember, mainly due to the fact that I watched a lot of his movies when I was younger. When I was little I thought that Stephen King only made movies because his name was usually on the front of the video boxes ex: Stephen King's Pet Semetary comes to mind. But don't judge me too harshly though, I was like 5 or younger. I'm a late bloomer when it comes to reading & collecting Stephen King books. When I started to graduate from reading Junior Novilizations & YA books and moving onto bigger and more difficult books, King was my first choice to read. My mom told me to hold off from reading him because she said he was probably a bit too difficult for me to understand at the young age of 12. So I put him off for the time being, but determined to return one day and read at least 1 of his books. As I entered high school, I started to notice changes in my body, voice, and thought process. I thought I was ready to be able to tackle some Stephen King now, but the funny thing about high school is the teachers make sure you have no time to enjoy yourself. I forgot what reading for was because my English teachers would force us to read books none of us were interested in. But a funny thing happened, I got introduced to Edgar Allen Poe, and fell in love with his dark twisted tales. So I thought I was ready to tackle Stephen King, I went to the bookstore by my house, and bought a hardcover copy of Cell and started reading. But I couldn't get through it, I got bored, and I expected things to happen and when they didn't I was disappointed. So that again deterred me from reading King for sometime. It wasn't until I entered community college and started talking to people from other parts of the county and listening to them talk about books they've read and authors they love, did I notice King was mentioned more then once. There were fans of his books in my life and they begged me to start reading King, which I did on their behalf, so at the age of 18 or 19 my first book I ever finished of his was "Dreamcatcher" and it holds a sweet spot in my heart. It's my first and as they say you always remember your first. So from that moment on I became one of his constant reader's.

Gunslinger Apprentice kaufen is on a distinguished road

Only 45 here. Got some gems still to read.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4