View Poll Results: Which is the best horror movie of all time?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alien

19 55.88%
  • Psycho

15 44.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Horror - FINAL!

Hybrid View

Zane, The Operative fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Best Horror - FINAL!

Alien

Psycho

Death comes for all us all... but you first!

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Zane, The Operative fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful

The Tenant Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Psycho. Obviously.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Psycho. Obviously.
    Of course, Psycho.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Psycho. Obviously.
    this
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    Iíll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot in good faith vote for either....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'll give you $5 if you vote for Alien.

#dirtytactics
    #inittowinit

Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'll give you $5 if you vote for Alien.

#dirtytactics
    #inittowinit
    LOOOOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Voted Psycho

Can Toi Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

When I saw the what the semi-final choices were, I thought for sure it would be The Shining Vs. The Exorcist, boy was I wrong! Voting for Psycho

Rebel Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    When I saw the what the semi-final choices were, I thought for sure it would be The Shining Vs. The Exorcist, boy was I wrong! Voting for Psycho
    Those would have been my picks as well

Oh well, I guess I gotta vote for Psycho.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Weedeater frik is just really nice frik is just really nice frik is just really nice frik is just really nice frik is just really nice frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Psycho!

sk

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Peter Gibbons Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I clicked one of the little circles and realized that it was for Alien. Whew. Voted Psycho.
    Peter: "I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

The Exorcist should really be here, but in lieu of that, Psycho. Also a tremendous film.

My Mood
    Cheerful

getting closer...

OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting final. I'm not surprised by Alien. I've always thought the people of this community really love the Alien franchise. Myself included.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

So, no one finds it odd that "The Best Horror Film" contest comes down to a "Sci-Fi" movie and the first "Slasher" flick? Both are fine films, but really for this category? I guess my mind has been officially blown!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    So, no one finds it odd that "The Best Horror Film" contest comes down to a "Sci-Fi" movie and the first "Slasher" flick? Both are fine films, but really for this category? I guess my mind has been officially blown!!

Both are very much horror films. As we've discussed in the nominations thread, "horror" is a wide-ranging genre. What would you have liked to see instead?

Nigel Tufnel Odetta has a spectacular aura about Odetta has a spectacular aura about Odetta has a spectacular aura about Odetta's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Bring back life form. Priority One. All other priorities rescinded.
    There's a fine line between stupid and clever.

You can't really dust for vomit.

My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Interesting final. I'm not surprised by Alien. I've always thought the people of this community really love the Alien franchise. Myself included.
    That's because it's one of the best horror films ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I knew I could count on you

Nigel Tufnel Odetta has a spectacular aura about Odetta has a spectacular aura about Odetta has a spectacular aura about Odetta's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    That's because it's one of the best horror films ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I knew I could count on you
    Of course, lover!
    There's a fine line between stupid and clever.

You can't really dust for vomit.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John Carpenter's The Thing has a strange alien life form, a spaceship, a remote location, and folks getting picked off one by one, and most folks would consider that primarily horror (with elements of sci-fi). Why can't Alien (which shares all those same elements) be considered similarly?

The Tenant Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

still tied

bears are beyond surprised

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful

I'm still anticipating about 6 more votes or so...

SIX MORE VOTES FOR ALIEN THAT IS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast