Donate To Keep The Site Vibrant and Ad Free

View Poll Results: How often do you re-read books?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

17 32.08%
  • Sometimes

22 41.51%
  • Rarely

12 22.64%
  • Never

2 3.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do you re-read books?

The Asset Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I re-read Cujo recently. It was the first book I ever read when I was 12 years old and, reading it this time, I was amazed that I could literally remember NOTHING about it. It was basically like reading a new King book.
    Cujo is one of my favorite King books. I read it in a single day back in my teens at some point. It was the first book I had ever read in a single sitting. Loved it.

King says in On Writing that he was on a cocaine binge at the time of writing Cujo and doesn't recall writing it.

I think when I do re-read another King book, it will probably be Cujo.
    I remember reading that in On Writing also. I think it's the one he wrote in a frenzy with the typewriter balanced on his knees in the laundry room or something, right?

And it really was a great story. Not only could I recall nothing about it, I figured my perception of it would be WAY different now since a 12 year old's brain just doesn't perceive things quite the same as a 38 year old. haha. From the beginning, with the way it told things from Cujo's perspective (before he became rabid), I thought: "Damnit, this book is gonna get me this time around".

Peter Gibbons Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amanda's parents: "Okay, sweetie, we're gonna read some Curious George now--"
    6-year-old Amanda [kicking and screaming on the floor]: " I WANNA READ CUJO!"
    Peter: "I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."

The Asset Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Amanda's parents: "Okay, sweetie, we're gonna read some Curious George now--"
    6-year-old Amanda [kicking and screaming on the floor]: " I WANNA READ CUJO!"
    Oh man.

Imagine as a baby in my crib, the Halloween theme music playing in my nursery. haha

Peter Gibbons Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's your origin story!
    Peter: "I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

funny you should say that changed my celly ring tone to that theme the other day

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3