Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
I re-read Cujo recently. It was the first book I ever read when I was 12 years old and, reading it this time, I was amazed that I could literally remember NOTHING about it. It was basically like reading a new King book.
Cujo is one of my favorite King books. I read it in a single day back in my teens at some point. It was the first book I had ever read in a single sitting. Loved it.

King says in On Writing that he was on a cocaine binge at the time of writing Cujo and doesn't recall writing it.

I think when I do re-read another King book, it will probably be Cujo.
I remember reading that in On Writing also. I think it's the one he wrote in a frenzy with the typewriter balanced on his knees in the laundry room or something, right?

And it really was a great story. Not only could I recall nothing about it, I figured my perception of it would be WAY different now since a 12 year old's brain just doesn't perceive things quite the same as a 38 year old. haha. From the beginning, with the way it told things from Cujo's perspective (before he became rabid), I thought: "Damnit, this book is gonna get me this time around".