Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Collectible Owen King

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Default The Collectible Owen King

Last edited by Kingfan24; 03-19-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I received mine today. #62. Packing could have used more cushioning, but it came through fine.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Got pics? What are the specifics of the book (for those of us who haven't heard of the S/L)?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the link to Gauntlet's order page. Copies are still available.

http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin...R_ID=308121783

I had ordered the signed, numbered edition and also the slipcase. There is a sticker on the shrink wrapped book with a number.

I haven't broken the shrinkwrap on my book to check it out yet, but I will in the next day or two.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

mine came directly from CD - so it was packed really well. i have a second copy coming from gauntlet with slipcase - so i will see how that one is. the first copy was a gift - the other one will stay in the library.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been undecided on the Double Feature S/L. I got a 1st of the book and an ARC (purchased from another TD member) signed by him in Toronto, as well as his book "We're All In This Together" which is OOP. I feel like I should buy it, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger yet.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Here is the link to Gauntlet's order page. Copies are still available.

http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin...R_ID=308121783

I had ordered the signed, numbered edition and also the slipcase. There is a sticker on the shrink wrapped book with a number.

I haven't broken the shrinkwrap on my book to check it out yet, but I will in the next day or two.
    If I read that correctly you ordered the Slipcased S/L and that is what you received?

I thought we were still waiting on the slipcases. If they are shipping the slipcased version I better be on the lookout.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the Gauntlet Newsletter this morning:

We have shipped all numbered editions of Owen King’s DOUBLE FEATURE. We have received our first shipment of slipcases and are shipping those copies now. We expect an additional box of slipcases any day now and we will have shipped all slipcased editions by early next week. We are still another week or two away from receiving traycases for the lettered edition of the book.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    From the Gauntlet Newsletter this morning:

We have shipped all numbered editions of Owen King’s DOUBLE FEATURE. We have received our first shipment of slipcases and are shipping those copies now. We expect an additional box of slipcases any day now and we will have shipped all slipcased editions by early next week. We are still another week or two away from receiving traycases for the lettered edition of the book.
    I wonder why I didn't get the newsletter. Maybe I'm still in the queue.

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I received mine today, #220, bubblewrapped (not much) in a box.
    Hyman Roth - Minister of Foreign Affairs of THE CRIMSON KING

Country
    Country Flag

Mine arrived, #64. I received two signed bookmarks!

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I received s/l 16 with slipcase from gauntlet yesterday, yes poorly packaged.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have # 43

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone going to post a few pics of the book?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the Subterranean Press newsletter :

PS Publishing is a bit behind, which can happen to us all at the end of a busy year. Two of their 2014 titles are now nestled comfortably in early 2015:
    Thinner (Stephen King)

Twenty-Five Years in the Word Mines (Graham Joyce)
    We still have copies of both available for preorder.

About the Joyce:

Twenty five years ago Graham Joyce and his wife Sue left the grey skies of England to live by the sea on a Greek Island. As an unpublished writer he had gone there to live in isolation to write. After the hoards of uninvited summer visitors left he was finally able to fulfill his ambition and so started a writing career. Some of the stories contained in this collection were written in Greece under a vine canopy with light from a hurricane lamp. Others were inspired by travels around neighbouring islands.

This collection represents a gathering of the best Graham Joyce short stories written since his stay in Greece. Settings vary from the mines of the East Midlands to the lonely landscape of the Norfolk Coast and to the frozen streets of Leningrad during WWII.

Included with this collection is a foreword by Owen King and an afterword by Kelly Braffet, as well as an individual commentary on each story by the author.

Trade Hardcover Edition in Dust Jacket: $45

>>> http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...f_graham_joyce
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK, we're in speculation here, but think that we're going to see an "investment value" to a lettered We're All In This Together? I'm not sure from a quick scan that I'm seeing it on eBay, but then again they aren't nice CD editions either.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Country
    Country Flag

Owen King isn't as collectible as Stephen or Joe.

I don't think I'd buy it as an "investment". Buying it to own a lettered edition at a reasonable price makes some sense though.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't mind branching out on this one for my own collection if I had just a LITTLE extra money, but yeah, I agree, it is a great chance to get an affordable lettered edition that I'm sure will look great!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I own # 19 of the S/N LE of Double Feature
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I jumped on the S/L when I got the e-mail today, but I don't have the cash for the lettered. I've had some correspondence with Owen and it's made me really appreciate his work. I hope it's a nice edition, I'm excited to own it.

Country
    Country Flag

I became aware of Owen because of his dad. I am collecting Owen because he is worth collecting.

I did purchase the lettered. I had the CDCC discount and a gift certificate I bought when they had that certificate/coupon sale. Together that made it hard to pass up.

I'll buy the S/L too at a later date, but I've about stretched my book budget thin recently.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if this would be right thread, but he had the whole back page of USA Today's Life section about his "Alien Invasion" book.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Not sure if this would be right thread, but he had the whole back page of USA Today's Life section about his "Alien Invasion" book.
    Thanks for the heads up:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...ovel/72795192/

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Owen's FB page

Hey All,
    Last call for Intro to Alien Invasion! We will be doing our thing one final time at the Elting Memorial Library in New Paltz, NY at 4pm on Sunday. If you would like to order a personalized copy of the book that is signed by all three of us - or, sob, just by Mark Jude Poirier and Nancy Ahn - then you should call the good people at Inquiring Minds (845 255-8300) and let them help you out. I am certain they would be happy to ship to you.
    Thanks!
    Owen

Traveler asted2113 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Owen King question...does anyone know if the short story collection Owen King edited "Who Can Save Us Now?: Brand-New Superheroes and Their Amazing (Short) Stories" had an advanced reading copy sent out? I've been collecting all of his books and ARCS and this is one I have NEVER seen listed anywhere.
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread