Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1408 (2007)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Default 1408 (2007)

1408 IMDB

Renowned horror novelist Mike Enslin (Cusack) believes only in what he can see with his own two eyes. But after a string of bestsellers discrediting paranormal events in the most infamous haunted houses and graveyards around the world, he has no real proof of life...afterlife. But Enslin's phantom-free run of long and lonely nights is about to change forever when he checks into suite 1408 of the notorious Dolphin Hotel for his latest project, "Ten Nights in Haunted Hotel Rooms." Defying the warnings of the hotel manager (Jackson), the author is the first person in years to stay in the reputedly haunted room. Another bestseller may be imminent, but like all Stephen King heroes, first he must go from skeptic to true believer -- and ultimately survive the night.

Director: Mikael Håfström
    Screenplay by: Matt Greenberg, Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski

Staring: John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson, Mary McCormack

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My cousin said this was the scariest movie she'd ever seen when it came out. I wasn't scared, but I did enjoy it. Cusack is one of the actors that you really pay attention to his acting. Whether you like his acting or not is another thing.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears loved this movie. They adore Cusack, and altogether they thought it was both well done and scary. Could have done without the corny daughter stuff, though; but otherwise very good.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Oh, I loved it too!

The map on the door of the hotel room that is all blackened except for his room...

You are here

So scary!!!!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"You are here" is one of the very few things that have really impressed me in the whole endless list of horror films I've watched. And his pantimime at the window.

And his last smoke, taking that cigarette from behind his ear, was glorious!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a very solid horror film. Evidentally I interpretted it much different than most. The melting phone is the creepiest part of the movie to me...wehave killed your friends, every friend is now dead.

This whole sequence is my favourite part of the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlKd4wdAik
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread