Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrie (2013)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Default Carrie (2013)

Carrie IMDB

A reimagining of the classic horror tale about Carrie White, a shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother, who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom.

Director: Kimberly Peirce
    Screenplay: Lawrence D. Cohen, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa

Starring: Chloë Grace Moretz, Julianne Moore, Judy Greer, Portia Doubleday, Alex Russell, Gabriella Wilde, Ansel Elgort

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought Chloe pouted a lot, but I liked this Version. And the song during the credits, I Can Hardly Make You Mine by Cults, is so good that it makes me like the movie just a little bit more. Not sure how far off from the book it is. I haven't read it (as I've mentioned before, I'm saving Carrie for the last "unread" book I read by SK.) The kids looked like kids in this one.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Better than the DePalma version I thought from a story and character perspective, it was just lacking that bit of style that DePalma's had.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread