Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mist, The (2007)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Default Mist, The (2007)

The Mist IMDB

After a violent storm attacks a town in Maine, an approaching cloud of mist appears the next morning. As the mist quickly envelops the area, a group of people get trapped in a local grocery store - among them, artist David Drayton and his five-year-old son. The people soon discover that within the mist lives numerous species of horrific, unworldly creatures that entered through an inter-dimensional rift, which may or may not have been caused by a nearby military base. As the world around them manifests into a literal hell-on-earth, the horrified citizens try desperately to survive this apocalyptic disaster.

Director: Frank Darabont
    Screenplay: Frank Darabont
    Staring: Thomas Jane, Marcia Gay Harden, Laurie Holden Andre Braugher Toby Jones William Sadler Jeffrey DeMunn

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really, really liked this film.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    The End was sooo sad. I squeezed my Cabbage Patch Kid and cried.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The ending was ludicrous. It suddenly turned the whole big story of hope (stand and be true and all that) into a bad joke with an obtrusive punchline.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    The ending was ludicrous. It suddenly turned the whole big story of hope (stand and be true and all that) into a bad joke with an obtrusive punchline.
    Yes, this. Loved the book ending.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Agreed. The ending kinda turned me off to the film.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Spoiler:
    The End was sooo sad. I squeezed my Cabbage Patch Kid and cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Agreed. The ending kinda turned me off to the film.
    Huh, I kinda enjoyed the twist ending. I thought it made the film. Well, that and Marcia Gay' performance
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

If it had continued on for a few more days I think it would have affected me, but to literally have it happen within a min or so, it was just way too sudden and rushed that it took away all the impact that I thought it was trying to achieve. It seems to be a love it or hate it thing.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw this film recently.

Overall, I'd say I liked it very much. My views on the ending are mixed however.

Massive spoilers ahoy!....

Spoiler:
    The fact that those survivors in the car at the end took the decision they did seemed wrong to me. I know they'd been through a lot, and I guess their hope had run out wit the petrol. But these are the people who would fight when others were paralysed by fear. The people who didn't just give in to religious hyperbole and go with the flow. If I was them (and I'm not particularly brave but I'd accept the unknown of the mist to the finality of the bullet any day) I'd have gotten out of the car and proceeded on. Or at least stayed in the car and see what happened. If that woman in the back of the truck proved anything, you never know what will happen, although they of course weren't aware she had survived at that point.

I'll admit that after he did The Deed and waited for the monsters to do their thing.... and the tank rolled out of the mist , I roared with laughter though.

+ Reply to Thread