Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: One hit wonders thread!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Nick Stefanos will become famous soon enough Nick Stefanos's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Lunatic Fringe is a keeper though, right?
    Please for the love of Gan do not make me post the video for "Life is a Highway"
    "Nothing surprises me anymore." - Walt Longmire

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Stefanos View Post
    Please for the love of Gan do not make me post the video for "Life is a Highway"
    Ahh that's not that bad of a song. Same band, huh? I always thought that was someone else. Damn, I should quit and turn this over to you, Nick!! LOL

Though technically Cochrane did "Highway" solo and "Fringe" as a part of "Red Rider, no? If that matters then "Layla" is a sort of "One Hit Wonder" in that, Clapton recorded it with Derek and the Dominoes. What you think? Your opinion counts greatly with me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And what say you to this one, Mr. Game Show Host? LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

^Good call, Bill.

Im pretty positive these guys were a one hit wonder:
    http://youtu.be/gEmJ-VWPDM4
    The Vapors, Turning Japanese

Gunslinger Apprentice Nick Stefanos will become famous soon enough Nick Stefanos's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahh that's not that bad of a song. Same band, huh? I always thought that was someone else. Damn, I should quit and turn this over to you, Nick!! LOL

Though technically Cochrane did "Highway" solo and "Fringe" as a part of "Red Rider, no? If that matters then "Layla" is a sort of "One Hit Wonder" in that, Clapton recorded it with Derek and the Dominoes. What you think? Your opinion counts greatly with me.
    Same songwriter/singer, I'd go ahead and say tie goes to the runner on that one.

And I would say Layla counts. D&D was an all-too short project. The whole album is fantastic but that's the only radio hit.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Far as I know that's their only hit. I wonder how it would have gone over in the post-video era. In it's time though, who didn't love that song?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Far as I know that's their only hit. I wonder how it would have gone over in the post-video era. In it's time though, who didn't love that song?
    Me!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Derek & the Dominos don't qualify either IMHO, although Layla was much more popular.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Derek & the Dominos don't qualify either IMHO, although Layla was much more popular.

You have to stretch the definition of hit a little to include "Bell Bottom Blues." Believe me, it was the first one I thought of, but it only charted as high as #91.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf&Dumb View Post
    Someone teach me the ways of embedding please.

First thing I thought of was Mike and The Mechanics-The Living Years

Not too sure if they had any other hits
    They had three top 40 hits. All I Need is a Miracle is more familiar to me.

Right click on the YouTube video, select "Copy video URL", then click on the icon and paste that URL in the box. (You also have to use a public server link not a secure server link. I think that was the problem you were having here. The URL should start with http:// and not https://.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

There was about a year when I remember All I Need is a Miracle being everywhere I turned. I liked it at first and eventually hated it. Not a terrible pop song in retrospect but its ubiquity drove me nuts.

I would have been able to name The Living Years too, but what's the third hit they had? Cannot remember for the life of me and looking it up ruins the fun.

Country
    Country Flag

There was about a year when I remember All I Need is a Miracle being everywhere I turned. I liked it at first and eventually hated it. Not a terrible pop song in retrospect but its ubiquity drove me nuts.

I would have been able to name The Living Years too, but what's the third hit they had? Cannot remember for the life of me and looking it up ruins the fun.
    You'll recognize it. Bill would probably call it "Can You Hear Me Calling?"

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Me!! LOL

Seriously? That is such a catchy song...
    you didnt like it at all, Bill?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Me!! LOL

Seriously? That is such a catchy song...
    you didnt like it at all, Bill?

Not particularly, sorry
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This one made it to "Miami Vice"!! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TAd5Skbgkw
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll recognize it. Bill would probably call it "Can You Hear Me Calling?"

Ugh, how did I forget that one?

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

This one made it to "Miami Vice"!! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TAd5Skbgkw
    But this one made it all the way to the movies...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3973tfsllqw#

I briefly considered Asia with Heat of the moment, but Im thinking they had another hit...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't you know it? Not ten minutes after posting, St. Elmo's Fire plays on the radio!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3973tfsllqw#

I briefly considered Asia with Heat of the moment, but Im thinking they had another hit...
    Pretty sure you're right on The Firm

Asia's other hit was Only Time Will Tell

I admit a nostalgic love for Asia. I was a big Yes fan for awhile so I loved any Steve Howe band.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

So what's worse than a sweaty Olivia Newton John??

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    So what's worse than a sweaty Olivia Newton John?
    Her performance in Xanadu?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The title of the previous song.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFhM1XZsh6o

Mississippi Queen - Mountain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast