Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Want to TELL ME WHERE TO GO? ................ Bookstores, etc. in your area.

Gunslinger Apprentice Nickelwise is on a distinguished road

Also, these two are in Denver and just a couple blocks away from each other:

http://www.fahrenheitsbooks.com/

http://mutinycafe.com/the-store

Fahrenheit has a pretty solid selection of collectibles, The Mutiny Disinformation Cafe doesn't have as many collectibles, but the staff is great and there are some good deals to be had. I found a copy of the S/L Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance for $35. Unfortunately it didn't have it's original slipcase, but it was in great shape, and the guy behind the counter threw in an $8 Raymond Carver book for free.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Anybody recommend anything in Washington DC? I'll be there for 5 days, 2nd week of June.
    Went to these two when I was there last summer.

Second Story Books
    2000 P St NW
    Washington, DC 20036

Capitol Hill Books
    657 C St SE
    Washington, DC 20003

This one was cool. An old store with filled to the ceiling with books.

(Sorry for the large pic)

Spoiler:
    Thanks Joe, that's great info. I will def stop in at Capitol Hill books. I'll instruct my colleagues to send a search party if i'm not back before midnight!
    Both of those have a very very limited selection of King most times.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I will be in St. Louis in June. I've never had any luck finding any good book stores there. Any suggestions?

Dan, How is your first editions, first printings collection going? V-Stock in St Louis South County has an entire rack of SK books and plenty of other authors for sale. they do not handle collectables. they are a used/new bookstore, video's, dvd's, etc......

the book house was my favorite place to go, but they moved to a much smaller place. checked it out over the weekend (before you got here). checked it for you and they now carry a very limited stock. not worth the drive.

not much else around town. if you find something .... let me know. lived here along time and never found anything.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a great idea for a thread.

Hey Jim, there is pretty much whatever you want to do in Orlando.

I don't go in for the theme park experience myself. My sojourns into Orlando have mostly involved work. I also go for concerts. Either way I've got to eat so I can recommend a couple of places. I like to go to Whole Foods when I go there since there isn't one any closer. Of course there are some closer to you. Anyway in the same shopping center as the Whole Foods on Turkey Lake is Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza. It's delicious. I also like Season's 52 on Sand Lake Road. They are a Darden restaurant, but nothing like Olive Garden or Red Lobster. They are a bit more upscale though still reasonably priced. They have a seasonal menu and I've been pleased with the whole experience every time I have been there.

If you want to make a slightly longer trip of it I'll host you here on the Space Coast. Kennedy Space Center has a tour. You can even have lunch with an astronaut. There is also a wetlands drive between there and Port Canaveral, which has a lot of interesting sites and good restaurants.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Great idea for a thread. I have to ask, AKC - are there any good bookshops to look into in the NWA?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody recommend anything in Washington DC? I'll be there for 5 days, 2nd week of June.
    I've ordered from http://www.politics-prose.com/ many times. They have a lot of signings.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Some of my favorite indy stores:
    Oh no! I never should have looked at that!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Portland, Oregon:

Powells Books - I would suggest the one on Burnside as they have a decent Horror/Sci Fi section and a Rare Book Room on a separate level.
    http://www.powells.com/locations/powells-city-of-books/

Wrigley-Cross Books

Paul and Debbie have an amazing collection. The books are in a converted basement. They have Open House one Saturday a month, but just call and make an appointment any day of the week and you will have the place to yourself. That's my preference. 85% are signed/limited books that do include the heavy hitters like King and Hill. Lots of smaller press too.
    http://www.wrigleycrossbooks.com/
    Phone number....(503) 667-0807

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jud Crandall View Post
    Great idea for a thread. I have to ask, AKC - are there any good bookshops to look into in the NWA?
    Limited options in NWA!

Check out DICKSON STREET BOOKSTORE in Fayetteville. Every time I'm down on Dickson Street partying like I'm 25 again, I stop in. But, have yet to score anything worth mentioning....

Go Hogs.

AKC

Gunslinger Apprentice Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jud Crandall View Post
    Limited options in NWA!

Check out DICKSON STREET BOOKSTORE in Fayetteville. Every time I'm down on Dickson Street partying like I'm 25 again, I stop in. But, have yet to score anything worth mentioning....

Go Hogs.

AKC
    Right on. I don't get down to Dickson too much anymore, but I'll definitely check it out when I do.

Woo Pig Sooie!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Heading to Orlando FL in a couple weeks. ANY suggestions of places to go (other than the theme parks) ?
    Any Bookstores I should be visiting?
    Unfortunately Orlando is kind of bereft of independent Bookstores

There is one place called the Bookworm east of downtown on Bumby, but I think it is just a secondhand bookstore (sad to say I havent even visited it yet). Im not sure how much high end or collectible stuff they would have in stock.

There are a couple of nifty comic shops if you are into that sort of thing.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice Nickelwise is on a distinguished road

This isn't really aimed at collectors, but as mentioned previously in this thread, I was selling used books up until my company went under a couple weeks ago. Right now I have thousands taking up space in a warehouse, mainly what you'd expect to see at a second hand store or flea market. I'm in the Denver area and if anyone is interested in taking a look, and getting some great deals, just PM me and we can set a time. I have to do it outside of normal working hours and weekends work best for me, but I can also do most evenings.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Extended stay in Boston MA next week.

Any recommendations? I'm staying in the Cambridge area, but will have time to get around.

Also, can I buy Mylar (pref on a roll) off the shelf anywhere? I mean walk into a shop rather than order on line?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Extended stay in Boston MA next week.

Any recommendations? I'm staying in the Cambridge area, but will have time to get around.

Also, can I buy Mylar (pref on a roll) off the shelf anywhere? I mean walk into a shop rather than order on line?
    This one is a good take - http://www.pandemoniumbooks.com

This link provides many local choices - http://theknurd.com/boston/the-knurd...nt-bookstores/

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK, so we are planning a small week-end in London, starting.... tomorrow !
    Any cool bookshops to visit if we have time?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was a bookshop near the British Museum that I went to before I was a collector. I doubt they'd have King, but it was a very cool place. 11 years later, I still regret not spending more time in there (and money!). The name of it is Jarndyce. It was just the quintessential bookstore. One day, I'll get back!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the tip. I 'll try to find informations about it and see if we are around
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You should go to the British Museum anyway.

Country
    Country Flag

I already had been there a few years back.
    My girlfriend wants to go there (never been), but she already planned many things and we only have a very small time in London...

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heading to Tampa, FL next week. Any good stores in the area?

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Camelot Books, but I think they are on vacation per their last newsletter.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that was first on my list too, but they are indeed out of town.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I never actually went to the this store however a few people did recommend it to me as a good bookstore. I have no idea if they have collectables.

Haslam's Book Store, Inc.
    2025 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, Florida 33713
    (727) 822-8616

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Heading to Tampa, FL next week. Any good stores in the area?
    CAMELOT BOOKS AND GIFTS 6221 Land O' Lakes Boulevard. Land o' Lakes, Florida 34638
    (note: If you look up online you often find old address prior to their move to Land o' Lakes years ago)
    813-932-7162 Toll Free: 1-866-634-9417 FAX: 813-676-0406
    E-Mail: Kim@Camelotbooks.com Website: https://camelotbooks.com

CAMELOT BOOKS is a must do for any King collector visiting the Tampa area as they have a huge selection of rare and limited edition Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror books. Their collection is amazing and worth the trip about
    15 minutes north of downtown. See a Cujo Guitar many fine Limited s and 1st editions. It is good idea to call and check with Kim or Tony in advance for current hours

OLD TAMPA BOOKS COMPANY 507 North Tampa Street (between Twiggs & Madison) Tampa, FL 33602 (813) 209-2151 Store hours: Monday through Friday, 10 A.M. to 5 P.M., Saturday, 11 A.M. to 5 P.M.
    This is an interesting old store with a wide selection of books in good downtown location. You never know what you might find. It is just a couple blocks from THE TAMPA THEATRE

HASLAM"S Book Store, Inc. 2025 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, Florida 33713
    (727) 822-8616 Open Monday - Saturday 10 am to 6:30 pm., Sunday - 12 pm to 5 pm
    This is a neat old place selling New, Used and some Rare books. It is a large sprawling space with a great variety of titles in all categories. On occasion you may find a signed King book in locked display case. They have signings by various local Authors (Randy Wayne White, Tim Dorsey, etc.) and one can find signed copies if you drop in at the right time. St Petersburg is a short drive across the bridge from downtown Tampa or Tampa airport.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast