Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Want to TELL ME WHERE TO GO? ................ Bookstores, etc. in your area.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    I will be in Maine for a business trip this summer, near Bangor. Any suggestions on bookstores or any King-related sites I should check out?
    What RF said. SK Tours. He takes you everywhere and has good stories to tell.
    I live there so if you need any help or info feel free to PM me! There's LOTS to see! Except for bookstores. lol. With Bett's long since gone there's a BAM and a few pawn shops around the downtown area along with a decent comic shop. I've picked up a few things there but it's unlikely you'll find much in the way of limiteds or the like.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've booked my trip for July and will be going on the SK tour. My work travels will be taking me down to Portland & Lewiston as well -- any bookstores there worth checking out?
    Probably the best one for horror/sci-fi type stuff would be The Green Hand on Congress St in Portland. The ladies who work there are great and there is a good selection. For more general "rare" stuff you could try Turner Carlson, also on Congress St. For your basic used book shop there is Yes Books. Can you guess what street it's on? Yup, Congress.

Lewiston/Auburn dosen't have much sadly, and it has one that I can only recommend you stay away from. From a purely personal perspective Artios Books in Auburn is one to avoid. A $40 shrinkwrapped copy of Skeleton Crew that was an "implied" 1/1 that was really a BOMC. I count that as one of my early Lessons Learned.

Thats about it! Hope it helps.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Any good bookstores in Lansing Michigan?

Any members there?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Hi Beverly,

Just noticed the mention of Bangor. Is that where Gerald Winters & Son is now trading?

Kindest regards
    Alec.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Answered my own question, yes he is.

Regards
    Alec.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Answered my own question, yes he is.

Regards
    Alec.
    Lol, I just saw this Alec and yes you did sir. If you're ever in Bangor it's a MUST. I still can't get used to the fact that he's here!

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any bookstores worth visiting in Detroit? Am at the autoshow for Tuesday-Wednesday this week. Thanks! Paul

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    Any bookstores worth visiting in Detroit? Am at the autoshow for Tuesday-Wednesday this week. Thanks! Paul
    There used to be a couple in Ann Arbor... not too far if have time and also a fabulous deli .. Zingermans or something like that.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks - will see if I can make it to Ann Arbor.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

John King books near downtown Detroit kingbooksdetroit.com, Ann arbor,MI store Nicola's nicolasbooks.com , Curious book store Lansing,MI

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know of good bookstores in Atlanta? My favorite place there has apparently closed , and we'll be there in April. Thanks for any suggestions!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

An article featuring some less known interesting-independent-bookstores-America.
    http://www.travelandleisure.com/cult...stores-america

note: Link includes some advertisement with article.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys! My boyfriend is driving down to Orlando in a couple weeks. I already see the note about Orlando, but does anyone have any info about rare bookstores in St. Augustine? My birthday is a couple days after he gets back, so any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heading to Vegas on business for the rest of this week.
    Any places besides Baumans worth checking out?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4