Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
I will be in Maine for a business trip this summer, near Bangor. Any suggestions on bookstores or any King-related sites I should check out?
What RF said. SK Tours. He takes you everywhere and has good stories to tell.
I live there so if you need any help or info feel free to PM me! There's LOTS to see! Except for bookstores. lol. With Bett's long since gone there's a BAM and a few pawn shops around the downtown area along with a decent comic shop. I've picked up a few things there but it's unlikely you'll find much in the way of limiteds or the like.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've booked my trip for July and will be going on the SK tour. My work travels will be taking me down to Portland & Lewiston as well -- any bookstores there worth checking out?
Probably the best one for horror/sci-fi type stuff would be The Green Hand on Congress St in Portland. The ladies who work there are great and there is a good selection. For more general "rare" stuff you could try Turner Carlson, also on Congress St. For your basic used book shop there is Yes Books. Can you guess what street it's on? Yup, Congress.

Lewiston/Auburn dosen't have much sadly, and it has one that I can only recommend you stay away from. From a purely personal perspective Artios Books in Auburn is one to avoid. A $40 shrinkwrapped copy of Skeleton Crew that was an "implied" 1/1 that was really a BOMC. I count that as one of my early Lessons Learned.

Thats about it! Hope it helps.