Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Want to TELL ME WHERE TO GO? ................ Bookstores, etc. in your area.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Camelot Books, but I think they are on vacation per their last newsletter.
    Depending on when you will be in Tampa, You might catch them as they are due back on Sunday 8/10/14.
    Not sure if they will be in shop on Monday 11th

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Any suggestion of places to check out in MIAMI ?
    We took a sort of unplanned drive over here yesterday, will be here few days and I would like any suggestions on stores worth browsing.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Any suggestion of places to check out in MIAMI ?
    We took a sort of unplanned drive over here yesterday, will be here few days and I would like any suggestions on stores worth browsing.
    Try these...

9250 SW 40th St
    Miami, FL, United States
    +1 305-485-8404

3066 Grand Ave
    Coconut Grove, FL, United States
    +1 305-445-7729

11055 Biscayne Blvd
    Miami, FL, United States
    +1 305-893-7799

7481 Bird Rd
    Miami, FL, United States
    +1 305-261-3922

1019 5th St
    Miami Beach, FL, United States
    +1 305-673-3311

You get the picture.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

All great places to find that special item. Way to go, Mr. RT!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any place I need to go in Kansas City, KS? I'm here for a few days.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

How about Cedar Rapids, Iowa? Or Dayton & Columbus, Ohio?

Thanks

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    How about Cedar Rapids, Iowa? Or Dayton & Columbus, Ohio?

Thanks
    Try Half Price Books - they are all over Columbus.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also try The Book Loft of German Village and Acorn Books.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ended up at a half price books and picked up a Postscripts 10 trade edition for $2. I also stopped by IKEA and grabbed another Hemnes bookcase.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Book loft really doesn't carry anything special. Acorn books has slim good (overpriced) stuff.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Books and Co. in Dayton is a cool bookstore.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Book loft really doesn't carry anything special. Acorn books has slim good (overpriced) stuff.
    Last time I was at Book Loft, I found a bunch of signed books at below publisher's price and I also found some cheap GRRM limited editions at Acorn. Worth a shot.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be in Baltimore next week. Any good bookstores worth checking out?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be in NYC next weekend. I'll definitely go to The Strand, and possibly Argosy Bookstore. Are there any other bookstores worth checking out?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe you can keep an eye out for a B&N REVIVAL book jacket for Simon.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in the Fall River, Massachusetts area for the next week. Yes I'm from there, but it's been 30+ years. Any ideas?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Maybe you can keep an eye out for a B&N REVIVAL book jacket for Simon.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I will be in Maine for a business trip this summer, near Bangor. Any suggestions on bookstores or any King-related sites I should check out?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be in Maine for a business trip this summer, near Bangor. Any suggestions on bookstores or any King-related sites I should check out?
    See if you can do a guided tour with Stu Tinker.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

What RF said. SK Tours. He takes you everywhere and has good stories to tell.
    I live there so if you need any help or info feel free to PM me! There's LOTS to see! Except for bookstores. lol. With Bett's long since gone there's a BAM and a few pawn shops around the downtown area along with a decent comic shop. I've picked up a few things there but it's unlikely you'll find much in the way of limiteds or the like.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    While not many of you will get the chance to visit it, on Ramstein Air Base in Germany is a little used book store called BooksRMagic. I picked up a mint trade Drawing of the Three there, some UK editions, and a whole lotta Star Trek paperbacks.
    Nice! I was stationed at Spangdahlem in the 90's. We used to go to Ramstein to Christmas shop and occasionally throughout the year. MUCH bigger BX! I can't recall if I ever hit that bookstore though.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Portland, Oregon:

Powells Books - I would suggest the one on Burnside as they have a decent Horror/Sci Fi section and a Rare Book Room on a separate level.
    http://www.powells.com/locations/powells-city-of-books/
    Wrigley-Cross Books

Paul and Debbie have an amazing collection. The books are in a converted basement. They have Open House one Saturday a month, but just call and make an appointment any day of the week and you will have the place to yourself. That's my preference. 85% are signed/limited books that do include the heavy hitters like King and Hill. Lots of smaller press too.
    http://www.wrigleycrossbooks.com/
    Phone number....(503) 667-0807

Excellent! I'm heading to that neck of the country in Sept. Will definitely hit up these two! Thanks for the info.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Along with Portland up above I'll be in Seattle as well if anyone knows of some good ones. I almost want to ask Tomas if he'll let me in to check out his collection

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Regarding Vermont and Western NH:

I've got a Fri-Sun all to myself at the end of June and no particular place to go. I have most of the worthwhile shops in Maine staked out and a couple in NH, but I really don't know about any good shops in western NH or in VT. Any suggestions? I may just throw the tent in the car and start driving. Wouldn't be the first time.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    What RF said. SK Tours. He takes you everywhere and has good stories to tell.
    I live there so if you need any help or info feel free to PM me! There's LOTS to see! Except for bookstores. lol. With Bett's long since gone there's a BAM and a few pawn shops around the downtown area along with a decent comic shop. I've picked up a few things there but it's unlikely you'll find much in the way of limiteds or the like.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've booked my trip for July and will be going on the SK tour. My work travels will be taking me down to Portland & Lewiston as well -- any bookstores there worth checking out?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast