Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which edition are you buying?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS Publishing

5 14.71%
  • CD Publications

10 29.41%
  • Are you kidding? I need both!

19 55.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: POLL: Which CARRIE edition are you buying, PS or CD?

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I'm not sure this has helped answer my problem that lead to the OP since the answers and voting thus far are split fairly evenly down the middle, with the purchase of both being the dominate reply, but it's been an interesting exercise to see what folks are ordering.

I'm gonna need to figure this out soon, though. Guess there's no easy answer.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just looked at the number of voters (25). None of them seem very popular according to that.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I usually buy all S/L (by King) SK books when I can afford them but NOT lettered editions. I bought the PS Carrie book because I liked the cover art. I don't have the PS editions of Pet Sematary or Christine. I bought the CD GE and AE of Carrie as I like most everything SK and SK-related they do and will get the entire Doubleday Collection. Considering the importance of the title, I will try to obtain the PS lettered Carrie.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Neither.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Which Carrie will be nicer you guys think? Take out King signing it... What lettered? What GE? No Artist for PS so that will win by default I guess...
    I have no doubt CD's editions will be far superior.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Which Carrie will be nicer you guys think? Take out King signing it... What lettered? What GE? No Artist for PS so that will win by default I guess...
    I have no doubt CD's editions will be far superior.
    Uh-Oh. That be fighting talk!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Just my humble, humble opinion of course.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am sorry but I think CD's will be too... this is just comparing what I see produced King wise on both ends. NOW... they may blow us away with Carrie... but they sure did not with Pet/Christine GE's and we all agree on that I am sure...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't bought any of the PS anniversary editions. I don't collect facsimile signatures. The lettered Carrie would be cool though.

I bought the CD gift edition of Carrie.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm collecting both series as well. I don't have any love for facsimile signatures, but I like the look and new art/intros to the PS editions. Along the same vein, I like the art and the uniformity and promise of bonus material that the CD (I'm going for the AE's personally) series will provide. Like Stroppy mentioned, these feel like US & UK gift editions to me, which fit nicely with what I collect. Would I like them signed by King? Sure. But I'm not going to turn down my nose at them because they're not.

Anyway, I have dreams of being a completist someday, with the exception of the lettered editions, some that can't be had regardless how much $$ one has on hand.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'm going for the CD series, I have the PS Pet Sematary and Christine editions but didn't feel the need for the PS Carrie although I will more than likely be getting Thinner, it's always been a favorite of mine

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Given the significance of this title, I bought both.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I ended up cancelling the CD edition and keeping the PS Pub. edition. Since I'm not getting THE SHINING from CD, there's no need for absolute consistency, and the much smaller limitation of the PS edition won me over.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I ended up cancelling the CD edition and keeping the PS Pub. edition. Since I'm not getting THE SHINING from CD, there's no need for absolute consistency, and the much smaller limitation of the PS edition won me over.
    Interesting. Do you feel that the smaller limitation will make that edition of the book more desirable to other collectors and therefore hold a greater re-sale value?
    If it's not about future value, then what is it about the smaller limitation that is compelling to you?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, surprised to hear that...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just my opinion here but collecting books shouldn't be about consistency so much as it should be about what books make you happy to look at on the shelf and enjoy as pieces of art.

The only consistency for us all here is that we all collect King books which is what drew us to the site in the first place.

As I said before, I generally don't like Chadbourne art but I did like the cover for the PS Carrie so that's why I ordered it. The art for the CD Carrie is amazing and a bonus since I had planned on buying all six books as soon as they were announced anyway.

My Mood
    Inspired

Me too... The quality just isn't there for me in the ps books.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Me too... The quality just isn't there for me in the ps books.
    The lettered might be different... but not for these facsimile signed GE's...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Damnit, now you all are making me rethink my decision! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Interesting. Do you feel that the smaller limitation will make that edition of the book more desirable to other collectors and therefore hold a greater re-sale value?
    If it's not about future value, then what is it about the smaller limitation that is compelling to you?
    Yes, a potentially higher resale value, and the lure of something that's just a bit more inherently unique due to its limitation, more so than the high-volume CD edition. 'Course, to the first, I rarely sell my books anyhow, so that shouldn't even enter into my thinking...but I must admit it does. To the second, 3000 is just so high...had it been 1500 or maybe -- maybe -- even 2000 I probably would have opted for the CD edition, as the oversized, quality production of CD's Gift Editions is very alluring.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Damnit, now you all are making me rethink my decision! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Yes, a potentially higher resale value, and the lure of something that's just a bit more inherently unique due to its limitation, more so than the high-volume CD edition. 'Course, to the first, I rarely sell my books anyhow, so that shouldn't even enter into my thinking...but I must admit it does. To the second, 3000 is just so high...had it been 1500 or maybe -- maybe -- even 2000 I probably would have opted for the CD edition, as the oversized, quality production of CD's Gift Editions is very alluring.
    Based on that, I am surprised you were not tempted by the Artist Editions from CD.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Too rich for my blood. Plus, my collecting preferences don't extend to artists, remarques, and the like, so no desire to pay a premium for their add'l work, sigs, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2