Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald's Game film

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I really liked Lisey's Story (greatly prefer it to GG); I thought it managed to be both domestic and otherworldly quite well.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the book myself but would much rather see a great Duma Key adaptation. Lisey's Story was ok as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

This is going to entirely hinge on the lead actress, and I really hope they can make The Space Cowboy as chilling as he was in the novel.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lisey's Story strikes me as best suited for one of those horrible Lifetime movies. GG could only be made properly as an independent art film. There is no way mainstream Hollywood could make a proper film with that story.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Lisey's Story strikes me as best suited for one of those horrible Lifetime movies. GG could only be made properly as an independent art film. There is no way mainstream Hollywood could make a proper film with that story.
    Ever watch the film Buried... if that can be done the GG can make it!!!

Traveler Machine's Way will become famous soon enough Machine's Way will become famous soon enough Machine's Way's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to completely agree with you on this, and even then I don't see it adapting to well. So many other SK stories I would like to see an attempt at before this. How about THE LONG WALK!!!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

Gugino is a fantastic get. I've always thought her to be a terrific actress who rarely gets the roles to evince her talent. I'm assuming Carel Struycken is the Space Cowboy?

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Ever watch the film Buried... if that can be done the GG can make it!!!
    Well that was an independent film as well and even then GG will likely have a woman in her underwear if not outright topless tied to a bed for 75% of the film.

But a place like Netflix would definitely be its best bet.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And the shooting seem apparently concluded.
    How long do you think til it's available on netflix? 3 months? 6 months?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Editing still has to take place. I'd guess USA's summer, 2017.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Netflix doesn't always announce a release date -- things just suddenly show up!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/g...ings-i-ve-done
    An upcoming film that has to be high on the list of Stephen King and horror fans is Netflix’s Gerald’s Game, based on the King novel in which a woman is left handcuffed to a bed in an isolated cabin after her husband dies abruptly during sex play. As she struggles to find a way to escape, ghosts -- from her past, from her imagination and possibly real -- begin to prey on her and threaten both her life and her sanity.

The novel is one that has fallen into the “unfilmable” category because so much of it takes place inside the mind of the trapped Jessie Burlingame. But director Mike Flanagan -- of Oculus, Hush and Ouija: Origin of Evil fame -- has apparently wanted to adapt the book to the screen since he was 19, and now he’s done it. And to star in the crucial role of Jessie, he cast Carla Gugino, a favorite around these parts who has done a variety of striking roles in and out of genre films and TV, including Watchmen, Sin City, San Andreas and Wayward Pines.

“It was one of the hardest, most challenging shoots I've ever done, which is saying a lot,” said Gugino about the project when we spoke recently in Los Angeles for her new film, The Space Between Us. “I've definitely chosen some material that's been really challenging. We shot six weeks in Alabama. I think Mike is absolutely the man for the job.

“It's one of the most fulfilling things I've done,” she continued. “I love this woman…you're dealing with something that has elements of horror, but also is really more of a thriller, in the vain of a Misery. And she is also dealing with this childhood sexual trauma with her father, and those are all tricky tones to find together.”

Gugino said she was “really impressed” with the script (by Flanagan and his regular co-writer, Jeff Howard), explaining, “(Flanagan) has also reworked things to where her personality does split, but it's in a different way than that is in the novel. I think it might end up being more clear for a film.”

The actress added that the movie was shot chronologically, which helped guide her through Jessie’s mental disintegration, and she also noted, “Every step of the way, one of the things (Flanagan) said to me, which directors very rarely say, was, ‘I want you to take ownership over this, this is as much yours as it is mine’…I'm really excited about it.”

Netflix has not yet set a premiere date for the film, which also stars Bruce Greenwood as Jessie’s husband Gerald, along with Carel Struycken and Henry Thomas. But the combination of Gugino, Flanagan and King is one we’re anxiously awaiting. In the meantime, Gugino’s new sci-fi romance The Space Between Us opens this Friday (February 3), and we'll have more from her about that later this week.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm interviewing Flanagan for the next issue of CD -- I've watched all of his movies lately and I am impressed by his work.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King ‏@StephenKing 11. Feb.

Saw a rough cut of Mike Flanagan's GERALD'S GAME yesterday. Horrifying, hypnotic, terrific. It's gonna freak you out.

https://twitter.com/StephenKing

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I'm interviewing Flanagan for the next issue of CD -- I've watched all of his movies lately and I am impressed by his work.
    Bev, was this interview published?

I have a feeling this will be one of the better adaptations coming out in the next couple months. All the actors are solid, Occulus was excellent and the story is small in scope which could lead to this being a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Bev, was this interview published?

I have a feeling this will be one of the better adaptations coming out in the next couple months. All the actors are solid, Occulus was excellent and the story is small in scope which could lead to this being a great movie.
    Not yet -- it'll be in the next issue of CD, which should be out sometime later this summer.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/n...ralds-game-138
    Mike Flanagan is one of my favorite directors currently working in the horror genre. I became a fan of his after peeping the killer mirror flick OCULUS a few years back and he all but sealed the deal of top horror directors when I checked out ABSENTIA, OUIJA: ORIGINS OF EVIL. and, most especially, HUSH.

Flanagan's next film is an adaptation of Stephen King's "unfilmable" novel GERALD'S GAME, which - like HUSH before it - is set to be a Netflix exclusive. The adaptation stars uber hottie Carla Gugino along with Henry Thomas and Bruce Greenwood.

Flanagan recently spoke to Mangled Matters about this upcoming Netflix/King flick and dropped some interesting bits of info on Carla Gugino, his approach to the film, and Stephen King's involvement.

Mike Flanagan on Carla Gugino:

“It was a challenge for everyone involved, but I don’t think anyone had it as hard as Carla. This movie asks a lot of her. When you take an actor, and remove their mobility, it eliminates one of their biggest tools. Carla spends the majority of the film handcuffed to a bed. First, there’s the physical discomfort of the restraint (it was actually very painful, I tried it myself and couldn’t last more than a few minutes in the cuffs). But beyond that, there’s this level of exposure and vulnerability, both physically and emotionally. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a situation that was this demanding on an actor. Her performance is astonishing, and was hard-earned.”

On the film's release date:

“We don’t know yet when it’ll premiere, but I can’t wait for people to see it. It’s been a passion project of mine since I was 19 years old, so I’ve basically wanted to make this movie for half my life. And you’re right, for a long time I thought it was unfilmable. I don’t know if I’ve ever been as proud of a movie as I am of this one. In a lot of ways, my previous work has all been building up to this.”

On Stephen King's involvement:

“We have been in touch – he’s been involved from the start, especially when it came to approvals and casting and such. We’ve also been in touch since he saw the movie. I was beyond excited that he responded to the film the way he did. It was probably the biggest fan-boy moment of my life.”

On adapting Stephen King:

“As a lifelong King fan, I know how it feels to see an adaptation go south, and I was determined from the start that the film should honor his amazing novel. Adapting King is a difficult and fragile thing – we’ve all seen what happens when it goes wrong. As a Constant Reader, I never wanted Gerald’s Game to be in that pile. I wanted him to love the film, and I was elated when he did.”

Knowing how involved Stephen King was in the upcoming flick only makes me more excited to see the eventual film. It already damn near tops my list of upcoming horror projects to check out, but now it may have gone even higher on that list. I cannot wait to know when it gets a release date!

You can read the full interview with Flanagan right HERE where he goes into his still unreleased (in the US) 2014 flick BEFORE I WAKE, and his thoughts on piracy. It is an interesting, quick read so give it a chance if you've got a minutes or two.

GERALD'S GAME synopsis:

When a harmless sex game between a married couple in a remote retreat suddenly becomes a harrowing fight for survival, wife Jessie must confront long-buried demons within her own mind - and possibly lurking in the shadows of her seemingly empty house. Among those she confronts are ghosts from her past and a vicious dog.

GERALD'S GAME is directed by Mike Flanagan from a script by Flanagan and Jeff Howard, based on the novel by Stephen King. The film stars Carla Gugino (see below), Bruce Greenwood, Henry Thomas, Carel Struycken, and Kate Siegel.

GERALD'S GAME is set to hit Netflix exclusively sometime next year.

Traveler ARMaher13 will become famous soon enough

Gerald's Game was actually the first SK book I ever read so it has a special place in my heart and it scared the shit out of me. Up until that point, as an avid reader, I had never been scared by a book so it definitely left an impression. Personally, I think Gerald's Game is one of the most underrated SK books and I cannot wait to see the movie.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still no news?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

I think it will be later this year. Maybe October.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember reading somewhere it aimed for 2018
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

http://popculture.com/2017/08/01/mik...-stephen-king/
    Coming to Netflix later this year is the adaptation of the Stephen King story Gerald's Game, which was directed by Mike Flanagan. As a recent guest on the Mick Garris-hosted podcast Post Mortem, the director revealed just how difficult this specific story was to manifest as a feature film.

In a clip posted by Bloody Disgusting, the director explained to Garris, "I, much like you, have been chasing this for a long time. I was 19 years old when I read it for the first time, and I put it down and had goose flesh all over my arms. I thought it was such an astonishing story."

"I put the book down and I thought, 'It's brilliant and it's unfilmable,' " he said.

The filmmaker went on to explain exactly what made an adaptation so difficult, for those unaware with the story.

"It centers around a woman who spends pretty much the entirety of the novel handcuffed to a bedpost, 'alone.' It's all in her head. It's this stream of consciousness as you go through her experience, which gets into her memories," he described.

"Which is a very rough experience," Garris pointed out. "It's not just being chained to a bed."

"It's horrific, in a lot of ways," Flanagan responded. "There were parts of the book that I couldn't continue reading, I had to put aside, they were so upsetting."

Despite these challenges of adapting the story, the filmmaker pursued the opportunity at every chance he got.

"When I first moved to Los Angeles, I carried a hardcover in my bag whenever I would take general meetings," Flanagan confessed. "Anyone who'd ask me what my dream project was, I'd pull it out, and [the response I'd get was] either they were familiar with the book and said it's unfilmable, or it wasn't available."

That persistence paid off, however, as the director eventually cracked how the story could translate to a film.

"It had taken me years to come up with a mechanism that I thought would make it somatic without changing the books," the director revealed. "The temptation to make big changes in an adaptation of a story like that was huge and I really didn't want to do that."

Gerald's Game doesn't have an official release date, with Flanagan next working on a 10-episode adaptation of the novel The Haunting of Hill House that will also debut on Netflix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast