Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Godzilla & King Kong

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno, I like the first trailer but it was too subdued. The most bonkers was the one before the final trailer called "Beautiful". They're all posted here.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I dunno, I like the first trailer but it was too subdued. The most bonkers was the one before the final trailer called "Beautiful". They're all posted here.
    My only real problem with this one, is my problem with most 2nd and 3rd trailers, it show's a lot stuff that would maybe be cooler to see for the first time in the theater.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going to IMAX Thursday... hope it’s good!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

THIS IS ASTOUNDING!

https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/26...ilms-1954-1975
    This October, Criterion celebrates the arrival of spine number 1000, a Blu-ray collector’s set fit for the granddaddy of all movie monsters. This landmark edition gathers for the first time all the Godzilla films from Japan’s Showa era: fifteen kaiju rampages, presented in high-definition digital transfers and accompanied by a slew of supplemental material, including a giant deluxe hardcover book with notes on each film and new illustrations from sixteen artists, new and archival interviews with cast and crew members, and much, much more! Check out pics of all the different cover art from Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films in the gallery, along with a trailer below!

In 1954, an enormous beast clawed its way out of the sea, destroying everything in its path—and changing movies forever. The arresting original Godzilla soon gave rise to an entire monster-movie genre (kaiju eiga), but the King of the Monsters continued to reign supreme: in fourteen fiercely entertaining sequels over the next two decades, Godzilla defended its throne against a host of other formidable creatures, transforming from a terrifying symbol of nuclear annihilation into a benevolent (if still belligerent) Earth protector. Collected here for the first time are all fifteen Godzilla films of Japan’s Showa era, in a landmark set showcasing the technical wizardry, fantastical storytelling, and indomitable international appeal that established the most iconic giant monster the cinema has ever seen.

EIGHT-BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION COLLECTOR’S SET FEATURES
    • High-definition digital transfers of all fifteen Godzilla films made between 1954 and 1975, released together for the first time, with uncompressed monaural soundtracks
    • High-definition digital transfer of Godzilla, King of the Monsters (1956), the U.S.-release version of Godzilla
    • Japanese-release version of King Kong vs. Godzilla from 1962
    • Audio commentaries from 2011 on Godzilla and Godzilla, King of the Monsters featuring film historian David Kalat
    • International English-language dub tracks for Invasion of Astro-Monster, Son of Godzilla, Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla vs. Megalon, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, and Terror of Mechagodzilla
    • Directors Guild of Japan interview with director Ishiro Honda, conducted by director Yoshimitsu Banno in 1990
    • Programs detailing the creation of Godzilla’s special effects and unused effects sequences from Toho releases including Destroy All Monsters
    • New interview with filmmaker Alex Cox about his admiration for the Showa-era Godzilla films
    • New and archival interviews with cast and crew members, including actors Bin Furuya, Tsugutoshi Komada, Haruo Nakajima, and Akira Takarada; composer Akira Ifukube; and effects technicians Yoshio Irie and Eizo Kaimai
    • Interview with critic Tadao Sato from 2011
    • Illustrated audio essay from 2011 about the real-life tragedy that inspired Godzilla
    • New English subtitle translations
    • Trailers
    • PLUS: A lavishly illustrated deluxe hardcover book featuring an essay by cinema historian Steve Ryfle, notes on the films by cinema historian Ed Godziszewski, and new illustrations by Arthur Adams, Sophie Campbell, Becky Cloonan, Jorge Coelho, Geof Darrow, Simon Gane, Robert Goodin, Benjamin Marra, Monarobot, Takashi Okazaki, Angela Rizza, Yuko Shimizu, Bill Sienkiewicz, Katsuya Terada, Ronald Wimberly, and Chris Wisnia

The box set includes the following:

Godzilla
    1954 • 96 minutes • Black & White • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 1.37:1 aspect ratio

Godzilla Raids Again
    1955 • 81 minutes • Black & White • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 1.37:1 aspect ratio

King Kong vs. Godzilla
    U.S.-RELEASE VERSION
    1963 • 91 minutes • Color • Monaural • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

Mothra vs. Godzilla
    1964 • 89 minutes • Color • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster
    1964 • 93 minutes • Color • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

Invasion of Astro-Monster
    1965 • 94 minutes • Color • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

Ebirah, Horror of the Deep
    1966 • 86 minutes • Color • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

Son of Godzilla
    1967 • 85 minutes • Color • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

Destroy All Monsters
    1968 • 89 minutes • Color • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

All Monsters Attack
    1969 • 69 minutes • Color • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

Godzilla vs. Hedorah
    1971 • 85 minutes • Color • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

Godzilla vs. Gigan
    1972 • 89 minutes • Color • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

Godzilla vs. Megalon
    1973 • 81 minutes • Color • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
    1974 • 84 minutes • Color • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

Terror of Mechagodzilla
    1975 • 83 minutes • Color • Monaural • In Japanese with English subtitles • 2.35:1 aspect ratio

8-BLU-RAY COLLECTOR’S SET
    SRP $224.95
    STREET 10/29/19
    DIMENSIONS 10 3/4” x 14 1/2”

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I saw that yesterday. As a Criterion collector, this is guarantee buy for me. All the movies in one box, how can you beat that.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Been looking for something like this since 2014. Was going to try to buy them in chronological order, but got stuck on the second one, because could never find a release of Godzilla Raids Again. Of Course now I will have duplicates of Godzilla 1954, and King Kong vs. Godzilla.

Had sworn I would only buy 4K movies from now on, but will make an exception for this, since I don't think 4K vs HD will make a difference with these movies.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Gonna grab these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And then walk off into the ocean somewhere.....
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Just got mine from Amazon yesterday. Got reimbursed about $60 since its priced went down after I preordered. Final price was $165.

It is massive, and won't fit on my movie collection shelf. (sigh)
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That set looks fantastic. I'm glad they subtitled the movies rather than dubbed them.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Hopefully Santa will see that I was good this year

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I received the Criterion Godzilla set last week and it is a joy to behold. I was a little disappointed at first that the Japanese cut of King Kong VS Godzilla wound up on the bonus disc but finding out Toho approved its inclusion late into the set made me just happy to have it at all. I watched it first since it was the movie I was most excited about since I hadn't seen the Japanese cut since my bootleg VHS tape bought in NYC late in the 90's.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    That set looks fantastic. I'm glad they subtitled the movies rather than dubbed them.

HBJ
    Ughh, I wish I would have known this before buying. I hate subtitles. It is why I rarely watch foreign movies. There is no excuse for not giving the option of an English audio track. Heck every time I pop in an American movie I see options for about 10 different languages.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Roaaaarrrr!!!! This is the best Godzilla movie ever! And it's in 3D!

Grrrraaaeeeeeeee!!! No freakin' way! This is the best Godzilla movie ever!

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/god...ix-1234794916/
    Netflix has ordered a new Godzilla anime series.

Titled “Godzilla: Singular Point,” the series expands Netflix’s roster of projects tied to the King of the Monsters. The streamer previously debuted three Godzilla anime films: “Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters,” “Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle,” and “Godzilla: The Planet Eater.” The first was released in 2017 while the second two debuted in 2018.

“Singular Point” will not be directly tied to the films and will feature an entirely new storyline and cast. It is currently slated to debut in 2021. The series hails from director Atsushi Takahashi. The creative team includes: Kan Sawada, composer for Doraemon films and series such as “Yowamushi Pedal;” Japanese science-fiction novelist Toh Enjoe making his TV debut as editor and writer for the series; Kazue Kato, creator of “Blue Exorcist” and the hit comic currently serialized in “Jump Square”, will serve as the character designer; and animator Eiji Yamamori, whose past work includes iconic Studio Ghibli films including “Princess Mononoke,” “Spirited Away,” and “The Wind Rises.”

Anime studio bones will produce in partnership with studio Orange, combining hand-drawn and CG animation styles.

Godzilla has been a staple of worldwide popular culture since the creature’s debut in 1954, appearing in nearly 40 feature films since then. It has been a central figure in mostly Japanese films, though several American productions have also been built around it. The most recent of those was “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” in 2019. An American crossover film, “Godzilla vs. Kong,” is set to debut in 2021.

My Mood
    Cool

Even though they cause a lot of damage while they do it, In Kong Skull Island, Godzilla and Godzilla King of the Monsters, they both seem to be alpha predators that seem to battle worse monsters and restore balance.
    I know it won't happen, but I thought a good story line for Godzilla vs King Kong is that they do fight each other, but then another super baddy shows up and Kong or Godzilla sees the other fighting it and realizes that
    they are on the same side and joins the other to take down the super baddy. I know it won't happen, I just think it would be cool if they joined up that's all.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Even though they cause a lot of damage while they do it, In Kong Skull Island, Godzilla and Godzilla King of the Monsters, they both seem to be alpha predators that seem to battle worse monsters and restore balance.
    I know it won't happen, but I thought a good story line for Godzilla vs King Kong is that they do fight each other, but then another super baddy shows up and Kong or Godzilla sees the other fighting it and realizes that
    they are on the same side and joins the other to take down the super baddy. I know it won't happen, I just think it would be cool if they joined up that's all.
    Finished watching my Godzilla Showra-era collection. This was a common plot for a lot of the movies. (in one of them they even had translations of mothra trying to convince Godzilla and Rodan to stop fighting each other and fight Ghidorah)

(god I had forgotten how corny and silly these movies were, guess I loved them when I was 10!, but many of them were painful to watch as an adult)
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still don't know how that's supposed to work. Aren't we supposed to root for both of them? In each of their respective recent films, they were the protagonist.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I will watch it cause it is Godzilla and King Kong in the same movie.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I still don't know how that's supposed to work. Aren't we supposed to root for both of them? In each of their respective recent films, they were the protagonist.
    I agree. They both seem to do there best at keeping us safe (even with the destruction). The only idea I came up with was that each would see the other as an enemy and they would be fighting.
    Then another bad monster would show it self and let's say, Godzilla started to fight it (or them if there are more then one). At that point King Kong would see this and know they are bad monsters
    as well. King Kong (being smarter IMHO) would notice that Godzilla was fighting these new monster(s) and then realize that Godzilla was not an enemy at all and join the fight to help Godzilla.
    I have no idea if that's the plot. But I think it's a good one. They have to come up with a bigger monster than that 3 headed one because that one always gave Godzilla a hard time I think and
    almost beat him. There are probably a few monsters in the Godzilla universe that are like that one. Anyway, that's what I would try and do if it were my movie.
    P.S And even in the trailer they made it sound like something was controlling Godzilla. Also, WE know we are suppose to root for both but when Kong sees Godzilla all he sees is another Titan that needs to be destroyed. And when Godzilla sees Kong all HE sees is another Titian that needs to be destroyed. They don't know they are on the same side. I am still very interested in how they play the story out.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I agree. They both seem to do there best at keeping us safe (even with the destruction). The only idea I came up with was that each would see the other as an enemy and they would be fighting.
    Then another bad monster would show it self and let's say, Godzilla started to fight it (or them if there are more then one). At that point King Kong would see this and know they are bad monsters
    as well. King Kong (being smarter IMHO) would notice that Godzilla was fighting these new monster(s) and then realize that Godzilla was not an enemy at all and join the fight to help Godzilla.
    I have no idea if that's the plot. But I think it's a good one. They have to come up with a bigger monster than that 3 headed one because that one always gave Godzilla a hard time I think and
    almost beat him. There are probably a few monsters in the Godzilla universe that are like that one. Anyway, that's what I would try and do if it were my movie.
    P.S And even in the trailer they made it sound like something was controlling Godzilla. Also, WE know we are suppose to root for both but when Kong sees Godzilla all he sees is another Titan that needs to be destroyed. And when Godzilla sees Kong all HE sees is another Titian that needs to be destroyed. They don't know they are on the same side. I am still very interested in how they play the story out.
    That makes sense. I could see something like that happening. Kind of like a Batman vs. Superman situation.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking that maybe Godzilla isn't really Godzilla but quite possibly Mechagodzilla. Just speculation on my part.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast