Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Three Kings

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, did you see that Mythbusters with the expolding, rocket water heaters? I will never look at mine the same way again.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I
    • The Smithsonian - Air & Space Museum
    • Capital Building Tour
    • The National Archives
    • The monuments/memorials (Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, Korean, Viet Nam (the Wall), ......
    • The Pentagon
    • Arlington National Cemetery
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'd love to do everyone of those things. I've been one time before but it was when Clinton shut down the government for those few days in the 90's

We could not do a thing or get in anywhere, all of DC was closed down.
    OMG and I was in DC at the same time! Weird!

I totally would go to this signing as DC isn't terribly far away from me and I could drive, but I leave for Ireland on April 4th. I'm now super happy and super sad about it at the same time.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Matt, did you see that Mythbusters with the expolding, rocket water heaters? I will never look at mine the same way again.
    Off topic I know, and I cry pardon...

That was one of my all time favorite episodes...ahahahaha
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Just read about this event on Bev Vincent's message board - totally awesome and I have already purchased my tickets. Mark your calendars for April 4th for a reading by Stephen, Tabatha and Owen King - one book per audience memeber can be signed!

The Three Kings @ the Folger Theatre in Washington, DC
    I wish I wish I wish... *sigh*

Roland would have understood.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm wondering why it says this on the info page though.

212 East Capitol Street, NE
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The NE stands for NORTHEAST.
    It is in DC.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

*whew*

Thanks Jerome.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really wished I lived closer, I would love to go to this.
    And by the way that looks like an amazing theater.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just bought a ticket, I am not sure I can actually go yet but I figured 35.00 was not too much to lose if it does not work out. I have to research the flight now

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo!!

It would be so cool if you could make it Oy

I may seriously need to make some teeshirts with out site logo on them to hand out to whoever is going.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I booked a flight so I guess I am going the trick now is getting a couple of days off from my new job (which I don't even start until next Tuesday). The flight from Albuquerque to Washington cost 250.00 not too bad. My plan is to take my Gunslinger 1st . I have Owen's first book already signed to me so I am open to getting Owen's book signed for someone else. I will have to pick up something by Tabitha for the signing, any suggestions?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I went to the site earlier today and starting to buy 2 tickets. I was just about to enter my credit card number, then I thought, "What the hell am I doing?" and closed the window. I'm still sad about it.

If it weren't for the "Will Call", I would have at least ordered them and done a sale or giveaway after it sold out in case any of our East Coast members missed it. Oh well.

Matt, I'm very happy for you and Dora. You will love this event, I am certain!

Bob and o-t-b, have a great time too!

I'd love to get my Gunslinger 1st/1st signed, but I'm sure you all will find books of your own to have signed.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I really went back and forth on going and I know I really shouldn't but I had those same thoughts when I bought a ticket to Palavercon and I sure don't regret that once in a lifetime trip.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty much while I did it, I suppose if I'm going to call myself a fan, I really should travel to hear him read (that is going to be so cool!! He is really good)

Now, for all of you that are going.

I would be honored if you guys would wear a very tasteful teeshirt with the logo on it. If folks don't mind, I would like to have them made and send them to you before the event. I would also be willing to do one for your guest of course.

Also, as it gets closer, I would love to coordinate with folks that are going so we could at least get coffee after maybe. I plan on being there early because its general seating and I would like to get as close as possible.

I have bad hearing.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm getting tickets as soon as my credit card payment posts. *wills the bank to hurry UP

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope they don't sell out!

It would be great to finally meet you Spencer

Country
    Country Flag

I GOT TICKETS!!!!!

Thank you so much Patrick! I wouldn't have seen this, or known what the heck a thread titled "The Three Kings" meant if it wasn't for you.

Thank you, have a beer.

IMPORTANT: The box office lady told me there are only about 15 tickets left, so, if you want tickets, call TODAY.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty much while I did it, I suppose if I'm going to call myself a fan, I really should travel to hear him read (that is going to be so cool!! He is really good)

Now, for all of you that are going.

I would be honored if you guys would wear a very tasteful teeshirt with the logo on it. If folks don't mind, I would like to have them made and send them to you before the event. I would also be willing to do one for your guest of course.

Also, as it gets closer, I would love to coordinate with folks that are going so we could at least get coffee after maybe. I plan on being there early because its general seating and I would like to get as close as possible.

I have bad hearing.
    I luv new Tees! Count me in! How many days are you staying in DC? Where are you going to stay? I live about 30 miles south and plainning on taking the Metro - driving and parking would probalby be a major hassle!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We are going to work out travel details this weekend and I will post them. I think we are going to combine this trip with seeing my daughter in North Carolina so we may only be actually in DC the day of the 4th.

But I think we may be swinging towards spending the entire day of the 3rd and 4th in DC so we can make sure to catch all the sites.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well if you spend two days in DC you cannot catch all the sights - so will need to plan out which ones you want to see the most! :-)

I got to thinking when you put that Lutheran Church of the Reformation address. So I found the Folger Theatre address and did a mapquest direction from one to the other - they are really close like almost next to each other. See the map below - the Start (green) is the Folger, while the End (red) is the church! I really wonder how many the church will seat!

As you can see the event will occur about a block from the Capital Building grounds!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, that's good to know. The capitol building will be the last thing we see.

Our priorities are the muses and monuments--but I know we can only see a few.

Washington
    Lincoln
    White House
    Smithsonian museum complex
    The Wall

That would basically be it for a day I think

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I really went back and forth on going and I know I really shouldn't but I had those same thoughts when I bought a ticket to Palavercon and I sure don't regret that once in a lifetime trip.
    Me either. Those were some good times.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, that's good to know. The capitol building will be the last thing we see.

Our priorities are the muses and monuments--but I know we can only see a few.

Washington
    Lincoln
    White House
    Smithsonian museum complex
    The Wall

That would basically be it for a day I think
    White House Tourn eats up a lot of time standing in line! Going to the top of the Washington Monument also means long line time. Lincoln, Jeferson, The Wall, etc have no lines. You can check out the Cherry Blossoms while doing these monuments!

Really try to get to the Holocaust Museum - just plan ahead!

You could really spend all day in the three major Smithsonians (natural History, US History, Air & Space)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!

Yeah, I think we'll probably just do the major monuments from the outside, I have no desire to go to the top or inside.

But it really sounds like it should be two full days, I would love to see the Holocaust museum

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast