Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 165 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Jon. Congratulations!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of new additions today. I did a trade with Simon (Stroppygoblin) for these in person. Had a meal at a pub and then back to my place to show him my humble collection. What a great guy, it was awesome to talk to a like minded collector in person. I haven't shown my collection to a SK collector before.

Stephen King - The Stand - US Original Glimmer Graphics Illustrations Portfolio 629/1200

Stephen King - Desperation / The Regulators - US 1st/1st HB Set with Promo Night-Light

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Very nice Jon. Congratulations!
    Thanks Paul.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the new items. Wish I could have met up with you guys too but I'm a little far away.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, I love the Portfolio.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    A couple of new additions today. I did a trade with Simon (Stroppygoblin) for these in person. Had a meal at a pub and then back to my place to show him my humble collection. What a great guy, it was awesome to talk to a like minded collector in person. I haven't shown my collection to a SK collector before.
    Humble collection my ar$e!...
    I doubt many of us have a bookcase filled with lettered editions

Thanks Jon for the hospitality, it was very enjoyable afternoon and look forward to meeting up again soon.
    I'll post pictures of my side of the trade soon...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the new items. Wish I could have met up with you guys too but I'm a little far away.
    Thanks Paul. I would like to meet up with quite a few members but as you say many are so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Very cool, I love the Portfolio.
    Thanks Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Humble collection my ar$e!...
    I doubt many of us have a bookcase filled with lettered editions

Thanks Jon for the hospitality, it was very enjoyable afternoon and look forward to meeting up again soon.
    I'll post pictures of my side of the trade soon...
    One doesn't like to brag!
    You're welcome, it was a great afternoon. See you soon.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great new acquisitions Jon! Love the lettered Dolan's and the signed FK and the portfo......... Ach you get the idea!

Sounds like you and Simon had a crackin' day. Hopefully I'll meet up with you two fine gentlemen oned day, too.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully I'll be in the neighbourhood too. I've been to the UK a couple of times by myself but still need to visit with my wife. Would be great to meet up!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone's welcome back at mine!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Great new acquisitions Jon! Love the lettered Dolan's and the signed FK and the portfo......... Ach you get the idea!

Sounds like you and Simon had a crackin' day. Hopefully I'll meet up with you two fine gentlemen oned day, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Hopefully I'll be in the neighbourhood too. I've been to the UK a couple of times by myself but still need to visit with my wife. Would be great to meet up!
    Everyone's welcome back at mine!
    Thanks Alan and Michael. It would great to meet up with you guys. Sounds like we're all off to Glasgow!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ 1

It would be great to meet up with all you guys!!!

Congratulations once again, Jon! Your book collection just gets better and better every day!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Thanks Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

+ 1

It would be great to meet up with all you guys!!!

Congratulations once again, Jon! Your book collection just gets better and better every day!!!
    Thanks Tim. Yeah, it would be great to meet up.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of new proofs today. A big thank you to Paul for forwarding these two US only auctions on to me. This brings my total of proofs to 23 US and 12 UK but I have 10 more (+ 1 upgrade) on the way.

Stephen King - Gerald's Game - US Viking Uncorrected Proof

Stephen King - Dolores Claiborne - US Viking Uncorrected Proof

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! Happy to see they arrived safe. 10 more on the way!? Wow, you're on a mission.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! Happy to see they arrived safe. 10 more on the way!? Wow, you're on a mission.
    Thanks again Paul. The 10 on the way are only some of the easier ones to get, nothing rare!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay makes sense. That's how my collection started out with the easier to find ones. Got to have them anyway. I have some rarer ones coming over the next month or so. I think I will post when they're all in.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There's just so many of them to get, so you've got start somewhere! The ones on the way are Gerald's Game ABA, Blaze US, Just After Sunset US, 'Salem's Lot Illustrated US, Dreamcatcher UK + US, Pet Semetary US 2nd State, Desperation US 1st + 2nd States, Song Of Susannah UK and lastly Black House UK Partial Proof.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, there are a lot for sure. If you take John's list as a guide there's about 220 proofs (US and UK). Although it's highly unlikely we will ever have a 'complete' collection, we can get as close as possible.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice pick-up, Jon!

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Jon (and Paul), you guys think big. I like that! I too used to be a proof completist but truth be told, I'm glad I decided to limit myself to 'regular' US and UK proofs from The Dead Zone up to and including Insomnia. Makes it easier to focus and I would only get frustrated trying to get all of the Scribner proofs or all six US Green Mile proofs, for example.

But I really like seeing your collections grow, you're both on a roll!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, there are a lot for sure. If you take John's list as a guide there's about 220 proofs (US and UK). Although it's highly unlikely we will ever have a 'complete' collection, we can get as close as possible.
    Yay! Only 175 to go!

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Nice pick-up, Jon!

John
    Thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Jon (and Paul), you guys think big. I like that! I too used to be a proof completist but truth be told, I'm glad I decided to limit myself to 'regular' US and UK proofs from The Dead Zone up to and including Insomnia. Makes it easier to focus and I would only get frustrated trying to get all of the Scribner proofs or all six US Green Mile proofs, for example.

But I really like seeing your collections grow, you're both on a roll!
    Thanks Michael. I can see myself going for only going for the more common proofs or moderately rare ones, some are out of my price range or so rare I will never see them for sale. I have been lucky to get a few rare ones like the BOB and TGWLTG Manuscript proofs and The Plant Pt 2 and NLR plain proof. The Plant and NLR I remember I got very cheap at just over £100 each many years ago, they would be much more now.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, my friend!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 165 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast