Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 165 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A few Peter Straub rarities

Peter Straub Peter and PTR Lettered K/52

Peter Straub The Skylark Lettered D/26

Peter Straub 5 Stories Lettered K/52

Peter Straub The Buffalo Hunter Lettered GG/52

Peter Straub Pork Pie Hat Lettered G/52

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple Justin Cronin S/L

Justin Cronin The Passage UK S/L 236/250

Justin Cronin The Passage US S/L Remarqued PC/750

Kinda Zoned Out now - need a break - have loads of rare Dean Koontz firsts signed and inscribed (Half of Greg Hurlstone's Collection) and a massive collection of rare books that I have not shown as I'm sure few of you would appreciate them.
    Many thanks for all the kind comments, as I rarely get positive comments apart from 'My God, what a lot of books'. None of my friends are book collectors.
    Jon

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a breathtaking collection you have there, Jon. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome stuff Jon. Keep 'em coming.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen that Lettered Edition of Clive Barker's The Adventures Of Maximillian Bacchus And His Travelling Circus. It is an awesome book!!!!!!

Stop posting!! I keep seeing things I want to buy!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks SO much for sharing, Jon. Your collection is simply awesome!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

These are actually the very first SK books I bought and the start of an obsession. Can you tell I have never read Danse Macabre?

Dolores Claiborne UK 1/1

Different Season UK HB 1991 reissue

Danse Macabre UK HB 1992 Reissue

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jon, what a beautiful collection. Thank you for sharing.

I'm especially interested in seeing more of your ODD THOMAS limited editions. I own the first four, but have not seen the ones that followed. Also, are yours matching numbers? (Mine are all over the place.)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I'm especially interested in seeing more of your ODD THOMAS limited editions. I own the first four, but have not seen the ones that followed. Also, are yours matching numbers? (Mine are all over the place.)
    Yeah those are beautiful books. I used to own the first 4 also but sold them to fund my King habit. Always regretted it a bit. They looked great on the shelf.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

'Salem's Lot Illustrated 262/315 (This book is a dust magnet - how do you clean it?!!!!)
    Very nice collection. Jerad included a square of the material used for the book and slipcase. You can use it to clean your book... see if that helps.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Thanks
    Unfortunately, after the first four books Charnel House lowered the limitation from 500 or 300 to 125. My number was 268 so I couldn't match to next three books so was allocated 103. :pull hair:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

'Salem's Lot Illustrated 262/315 (This book is a dust magnet - how do you clean it?!!!!)
    Very nice collection. Jerad included a square of the material used for the book and slipcase. You can use it to clean your book... see if that helps.
    Thanks Becca.
    Unfortunately, I think I threw away that material in the shipping box.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dean Koontz The Odd Series

Odd Thomas S/L 268/500

Forever Odd S/L 268/300

Brother Odd S/L 268/300

Odd Hours S/L 268/300

Odd Apocalypse S/L 103/125

Odd Interlude S/L 103/125

Deeply Odd S/L 103/125

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Super Super Supernice collection !!!
    I love the lettered Peter Straub books.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hill S/L

Locke & Key Series S/L Matching 172/250

Locke & Key : Head Games Lettered Q/26 (with original Drawing)

Heart Shaped Box US S/L Deluxe With Extra Content 190/200

NOS4R2 US S/L 46/750

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome collection, Jon! I'm waiting for Bob (carlosdetweiller) to chime in - he's an avid Straub collector and I'm sure he'll appreciate what you've shown so far. There's also a Straub collecting thread here by the way: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-Straub-author

(located in the Other Authors You Collect subforum: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...rs-You-Collect )

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Dean Koontz The Odd Series

Odd Thomas S/L 268/500

Forever Odd S/L 268/300

Brother Odd S/L 268/300

Odd Hours S/L 268/300

Odd Apocalypse S/L 103/125

Odd Interlude S/L 103/125

Deeply Odd S/L 103/125
    These are cool. I've never read the series but I just watched the movie and now I would like to get into these. Is it a complete series or on going?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Becca, I think there is one last book Saint Odd due December.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Awesome collection, Jon! I'm waiting for Bob (carlosdetweiller) to chime in - he's an avid Straub collector and I'm sure he'll appreciate what you've shown so far. There's also a Straub collecting thread here by the way: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-Straub-author

(located in the Other Authors You Collect subforum: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...rs-You-Collect )
    Thanks Michael,
    I think Bob's seen the thread before I posted the Peter Straub.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you have the 3 James Herbert Ltd Editions from Centipede Press, Jon? Love those books.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Do you have the 3 James Herbert Ltd Editions from Centipede Press, Jon? Love those books.
    Hi Alan
    I liked the look of those but other purchases just got in the way. The two authors that I started reading first before collecting were James Herbert and Stephen King. My James Herbert collection is limited, I have every book of his but I only have the later 1st editions - earlier books are just later reprints. But I do have this, probably my most prized JH book

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My spoiler didn't work!!!!

It was supposed to say 'I'm not the Jon in the inscription - I couldn't resist it on ebay'

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahh that's very cool, Jon. Always good to find one with your name on it! I was the same as yourself by the way. King and Herbert were the first 2 authors I read in the genre and I was hooked!
    I travelled down to Birmingham in 2012 for the ASH signing in Waterstone's. First time I got to meet the great man. He was really, really nice as well. Signed for hours that night. He signed 3 books for me and happily posed for a picture as well as having a warm chat with me too. He's sadly missed.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some More Joe Hill

Heart Shaped Box UK S/L 168/1300

The Saved UK S/L 109/?200

Gunpowder UK S/L 134/300 and slipcased 70/200

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Ahh that's very cool, Jon. Always good to find one with your name on it! I was the same as yourself by the way. King and Herbert were the first 2 authors I read in the genre and I was hooked!
    I travelled down to Birmingham in 2012 for the ASH signing in Waterstone's. First time I got to meet the great man. He was really, really nice as well. Signed for hours that night. He signed 3 books for me and happily posed for a picture as well as having a warm chat with me too. He's sadly missed.
    Unfortunately, I never got to meet him, saying that I have never met any authors at all! Ewan McGregor, Rowan Atkinson and many racing drivers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 165 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast