Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 165 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, Jon! Congratulations! I love the CD proofs!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Only 44 more to go to reach 200!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great one, Jon! Haven't seen many of those!!!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Awesome, Jon! Congratulations! I love the CD proofs!
    Thanks Jeff. I like them too. They look great on the shelf as they are all the same size (apart from Blockade Billy).

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Only 44 more to go to reach 200!
    That may take some time, Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Great one, Jon! Haven't seen many of those!!!
    Thanks Dez. I’ve only seen a couple others.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Jon!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Jon!
    Thanks Brian.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Sweet! A nice ARC to have!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Sweet! A nice ARC to have!
    Thank you, HBJ!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wednesday again. The next proof is another Full Dark, No Stars, issued as 20 copy limitation. Few more proofs to go including a couple not on the list.

Proof #155 - Stephen King - Full Dark, No Stars - US CD 'Signed Limited Cover' Uncorrected Advance Proof

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

I didn’t know about RPW until seeing your most recent posts here. What a great idea! Like everyone else, I’m also looking forward to seeing the proofs you’re collecting.

I have three King proofs at the moment, none of which are rare, but I still think they’re pretty cool. Just recently I added an Algernon Blackwood proof which I think may qualify as rare, but I don’t really know for sure. I’m sure I’ll learn a lot about the rarity of proofs following your collection, though!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

A good proof for a good book!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the new, CD FDNS. Looking forward to also seeing your proofs not on the list! The chase is so much fun!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I woke up this morning and was like - it's Wednesday!!!!!!! Love the art on that one, Jon!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to see you back, Jon - posting awesome proofs as ever! All is well with the world 8)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    I didn’t know about RPW until seeing your most recent posts here. What a great idea! Like everyone else, I’m also looking forward to seeing the proofs you’re collecting.

I have three King proofs at the moment, none of which are rare, but I still think they’re pretty cool. Just recently I added an Algernon Blackwood proof which I think may qualify as rare, but I don’t really know for sure. I’m sure I’ll learn a lot about the rarity of proofs following your collection, though!
    Thank you, Adam. Rare Proof Wednesday was first started by Paul (zelig) about two or three years ago, but I have continued the tradition periodically when I have collected up a bunch of proofs. It's been a while, but I now have a few unposted ones. Congratulations on your rare Algernon Blackwood proof.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    A good proof for a good book!
    Thanks Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Congratulations on the new, CD FDNS. Looking forward to also seeing your proofs not on the list! The chase is so much fun!
    Thanks Jeff. Yes, the chase is fun. The rare ones seem to hardly come up for sale, but there seem to have been a lot of them recently.

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I woke up this morning and was like - it's Wednesday!!!!!!! Love the art on that one, Jon!
    Thanks Dez. It's one I've been after for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Great to see you back, Jon - posting awesome proofs as ever! All is well with the world 8)
    Thanks Alan. I'm glad I actually have something now to post.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another nice add, Jon!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Another nice add, Jon!
    Thanks Brian.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great to see you continuing the proof collection Jon - it’s an interesting niche and I do enjoy the Wednesday reveal. Great stuff...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Great to see you continuing the proof collection Jon - it’s an interesting niche and I do enjoy the Wednesday reveal. Great stuff...
    Thanks Antoni. It certainly is an interesting niche, especially the manuscript proofs where you can read an earlier form of the novel with deleted scenes. I have a couple of those to post.
    A rare one to post next week.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

That is just the coolest thing I think... to get to read an alternate version of a King story. Awesome.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    That is just the coolest thing I think... to get to read an alternate version of a King story. Awesome.
    I find it fascinating discovering extra text in these manuscripts. I've compared 3 and a half manuscripts so far. 'The Shine (Shining)' was the most significant so far, with large portions of text edited out. 'Getting It On' had a lot of text added for the final book 'Rage' and originally had a slightly alternate ending, which you can find here-- http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...n-jonp/page130.
    There is another famous novel that had large amounts of text rewritten that I haven't posted yet, but soon. 'The Tommyknockers' I have only just started on, but doesn't seem to have too many changes so far, apart from the odd edited-out paragraph.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, wait a minute - Jon, do you have a (the?) ‘Getting it on’ manuscript? I must have missed that... wow!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Wow, wait a minute - Jon, do you have a (the?) ‘Getting it on’ manuscript? I must have missed that... wow!
    A copy of the 'Getting It On' manuscript, I don't think it's an in-house copy - but it's old. Very interesting just the same.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I had missed that too. That's amazing!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I had missed that too. That's amazing!
    Thank you, Peter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 165 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast