Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    The best photo I could find Kris. Also another flooded photo looking North instead of south.

THAT IS F(#&^$'IN NUTS MAN! At least you can get out if you have too.... very cool.. Thanks for sharing and I hope you guys fair better this year bro!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got a quote off a Government website.
    'The town has flooded over 80 times since 1970 and has had the reputation of being the most flooded town in Britain.
    It's hoped the new defences will help make the town a better destination for tourism, as well as helping to protect the businesses and homes in the area.'

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm soooo relieved this arrived today. I thought it had gone missing in Ebay's Global Shipping Program. Spend 2 and a half weeks in US customs - complained and then they actually found it!

Carrie - CD 40th Anniversary - US Advanced Uncorrected Proof

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A worthy acquisition, Jon! And great pics of your town although I imagine it's not that great when you're straight in the middle of it. It does remind me of the place I grew up in the Netherlands, which lies several meters below sea level (as does most of the coast line). If not for the dikes (levees for our American friends) a large part of my country would literally not exist.

*edit: this is what my hometown looks like - every house you see in the pic is situated below sea level so you can imagine what happens if there's a combination of spring tide and a huge storm...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The dikes in your photo do not look too much higher than sea level. How did they fare in the January / February storms? We had coastal flooding on our east coast and in Jersey.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

To be honest, I haven't been there in years... but the worst thing that usually happens during the January/February storms is that some waves spill over the dikes onto the motorway that runs directly parallel to them. They don't look like much but I think they're about four meters high and they have a pretty wide base. We suffered a lot during the North Sea Flood in 1953 (as did the UK) and most of our coastline was reinforced pretty heavily after what happened back then.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm soooo relieved this arrived today. I thought it had gone missing in Ebay's Global Shipping Program. Spend 2 and a half weeks in US customs - complained and then they actually found it!

Carrie - CD 40th Anniversary - US Advanced Uncorrected Proof
    Congratulations! I'd like to make some snide comment about the government, but I'm resisting.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jon. That's a good one to have. Michaël the town where you live looks very nice...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John and Paul.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a road a couple of streets away from me that keeps on getting its sign stolen or vandalised. Does anybody know why?

You've got to be familiar with British Slang to enjoy this one. It has been stolen so many times it is now concreted to the ground.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha love it!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My updated and reorganised US S/L and Lettered bookcases. Tried to get more space for new additions, but didn't really work.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic! Looks great.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! A lettered Cujo, too? You don't see those very often.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Guys.
    I bought the Cujo lettered many years ago on Abebooks at a good price. I had the chance of buying a lettered Danse Macabre for $1300 many years ago as well but passed on it. I regretted that decision ever since. I still don't have the S/L!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Display looks fantastic, Jon. Like it. A Lot!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

far too many Dolan's Cadillacs taking up valuable shelf space. I can provide "offsite backup" for you. Please ship immediately.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Display looks fantastic, Jon. Like it. A Lot!!
    Thanks Alan

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    far too many Dolan's Cadillacs taking up valuable shelf space. I can provide "offsite backup" for you. Please ship immediately.
    Thanks Simon. That's one way to solve my shelving issues. It's not quite the way I was thinking of solving it!
    Shelf space is extremely limited! I need space to display one of my Holy Grails that I should get February (it's on layaway). I am finding it very hard not to email David and say just charge me the full amount and I will deal with the financial consequences! I just can't wait - I will be caressing it like your Stand.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Simon. That's one way to solve my shelving issues. It's not quite the way I was thinking of solving it!
    Shelf space is extremely limited! I need space to display one of my Holy Grails that I should get February (it's on layaway). I am finding it very hard not to email David and say just charge me the full amount and I will deal with the financial consequences! I just can't wait - I will be caressing it like your Stand.
    Ok, well it's an open offer, full visiting rights would be available.

(couple of things David is showing as 'layaway' - all of them awesome, can't wait to see what you get )
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, well it's an open offer, full visiting rights would be available.

(couple of things David is showing as 'layaway' - all of them awesome, can't wait to see what you get )
    For some reason David listed them as sold and wiped them off the list. He must trust that I will pay for them. Of the two items, one of them is the same as one still on the layaway list, but my Holy Grail has been deleted. Clue: I hope when it arrives it is not 'flying low'.

Country
    Country Flag

I can imagine that you regret having a 'lettered Danse Macabre-shaped gap' in your collection. It is truly one of the scarcest King editions. For some reason I really like it. I have an unsigned publisher's copy in my collection (1 of 35 copies if Brooks' Bibliography is correct) but that's definitely not in the same league.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I can imagine that you regret having a 'lettered Danse Macabre-shaped gap' in your collection. It is truly one of the scarcest King editions. For some reason I really like it. I have an unsigned publisher's copy in my collection (1 of 35 copies if Brooks' Bibliography is correct) but that's definitely not in the same league.
    I'm not actively looking for a publisher's copy but a lot seem to have damaged slipcases. Also, it will be hard to find a lettered Danse Macabre again with there only being 15 copies. The book never seemed to be high on my priorities due to it being non-fiction.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks SUPERNICE !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast