Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 165 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, and it's RPW again. Good times!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I completely forgot this week. Congratulations on that one Jon. You don't mess around bud. That's not one you see much at all.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's an awesome haul, Jon! A huge congratulations my friend!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Another belter of a proof, Jon. Congratulations!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome haul, Jon and awesome of you to hook some fellow members up! The Stand is my all time favorite so super cool to see that one. Congrats, brother!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bloody hell Jon your luck is well in , you thought about playing the lottery??? Congrats!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Great pics, great new prides and joys. Looks like a day to remember, Jon!
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Ah, and it's RPW again. Good times!
    Thanks Michael. It was a great night which, as you say, I won't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I completely forgot this week. Congratulations on that one Jon. You don't mess around bud. That's not one you see much at all.
    Thanks Paul. I had almost forgotten to post it. You're right, not one you see often. I've never seen one for sale before.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    That's an awesome haul, Jon! A huge congratulations my friend!
    Thanks Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Another belter of a proof, Jon. Congratulations!
    Thanks Alan. I saved a couple of extremely scarce ones 'til last, but I think they're about three months away (that's if I only post one a week). I'm a little above my target for 100 proofs by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Awesome haul, Jon and awesome of you to hook some fellow members up! The Stand is my all time favorite so super cool to see that one. Congrats, brother!
    Thanks Brian. Great minds think alike. I haven't read The Stand for a while but a truly impressive book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Bloody hell Jon your luck is well in , you thought about playing the lottery??? Congrats!
    Thanks. There's certainly a big amount of luck involved with collecting, being in the right place at the right time or seeing a rare book before anyone else. But since I've joined this site, I think it's more important who you know. Over the last two years on this site, there have been so many opportunities that were just not available before I joined the forum. I have also learnt so much just chatting to you guys and researching the catalogue. It's also been a pleasure getting to know everyone.

Btw I can't afford any lottery tickets, too many books to pay off!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, in all of the commotion of the The Shining developments, I missed the rare Proof Wednesday edition! Great one... Never seen it before.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I managed to find a 10 pack of these.

Joe Hill - The Fireman - UK 1st/1st HB - Waterstones Signed Edition with Red Sprayed Page Edges

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:10 AM.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Oh, in all of the commotion of the The Shining developments, I missed the rare Proof Wednesday edition! Great one... Never seen it before.
    Thanks Antoni. I've only seen one before this one.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been on the fence about that Waterstones Fireman. I hope I don't end up regretting not going for it. It looks really nice. I have the Goldsboro one in order. That 10 pack of EOW is cool.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice 10-pack you found there, jon. Keeping it this way for the collection? Otherwise I'm interested in a WHSmith edition of End of Watch

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been on the fence about that Waterstones Fireman. I hope I don't end up regretting not going for it. It looks really nice. I have the Goldsboro one in order. That 10 pack of EOW is cool.
    I don't think you will, Paul. I'd asked Simon initially to pick me up a Waterstones but decided to go with the Goldsboro instead due to it being numbered. I didn't realized the Waterstones was signed until Jon posted it here. I'd seen it mentioned over on the CD forum I think so asked Simon to get it for me in my excitement of seeing the sprayed text block.

Jon. Will you be distributing some of those WHSmith editions to your American brethren? .

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Paul. The Waterstones Fireman, I think is identical to the Goldsboro, apart from the signature is on a limitation page. The Waterstones does have a different ISBN sticker over the trade 1st ISBN on the DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Nice 10-pack you found there, jon. Keeping it this way for the collection? Otherwise I'm interested in a WHSmith edition of End of Watch
    Thanks Rogier, Already opened waiting to be distributed. I can understand now why I seem to have real trouble trying to find a perfect copy of the WHSmith editions. It's not the perfect way to transport them in heat-sealed plastic stretched over the books putting stress on the DJs. This is the way the printers pack them. I will need to swap out a couple of dingers. As I have to go back to swap a couple, I could pick you up a copy as well, Rogier.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I don't think you will, Paul. I'd asked Simon initially to pick me up a Waterstones but decided to go with the Goldsboro instead due to it being numbered. I didn't realized the Waterstones was signed until Jon posted it here. I'd seen it mentioned over on the CD forum I think so asked Simon to get it for me in my excitement of seeing the sprayed text block.

Jon. Will you be distributing some of those WHSmith editions to your American brethren? .
    Thanks Brian, Yes, all of these apart from one (mine) are off to the US. I have a smaller pile of trade 1sts going to US and Europe.
    Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:11 AM.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King - End Of Watch - UK 1st/1st WHSmith Collector's Edition

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

A beautiful stack of books, Jon! Love those variant covers and thanks so much for sharing the cover photo. It's really cool the way the members here look after each other as well when it comes all the various editions, both US and UK. Huge thanks to all of you who take the time to obtain and send these back and forth across the pond.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those covers are so nice!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Stephen King - End Of Watch - UK 1st/1st WHSmith Collector's Edition

No text specifially for that edition?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Those covers are so nice!
    Thanks Kris. They are very nice. I quite like the Fireman cover, very simple but effective especially with the red sprayed edges.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    No text specifially for that edition?
    No differences with the text, just a different dust jacket.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I got so caught up in posting the Joe Hill event that I almost forgot it's Wednesday again.

Rare Proof Wednesday Part 10: This is one of the favourites of my new proofs. This must be my favourite King novel and one of my favourite stories of all time. There are thought to be about 200 copies of this proof produced.

Proof #97 - Stephen King - The Stand (Complete and Uncut) - US Advance Uncorrected Proof

Congratulations Jon. I would love to add a copy of that proof to my collection one day.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp
    Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Thanks Rogier, Already opened waiting to be distributed. I can understand now why I seem to have real trouble trying to find a perfect copy of the WHSmith editions. It's not the perfect way to transport them in heat-sealed plastic stretched over the books putting stress on the DJs. This is the way the printers pack them. I will need to swap out a couple of dingers. As I have to go back to swap a couple, I could pick you up a copy as well, Rogier.
    That would be very nice, Jon.
    Looking forward to your help with this!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post

Congratulations Jon. I would love to add a copy of that proof to my collection one day.
    Thank you. I hope you manage to get one soon, it's nice proof to have - probably one of my thickest proofs!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rare Proof Wednesday Part 11: A couple of proofs this week

Proof #98 - Stephen King - Christine - US Advance Uncorrected Proof

Proof #99 - Stephen King - Misery - UK Advance Uncorrected Proof

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful, Jon. You are up there with Bob and John H on the proof front!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 165 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 ... LastLast