Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 165 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Because Jon said: "I wonder where all the other copies have got to?"

That made me think of the fact that you and Ari always get proofs from the publisher. So two of the 77 proofs went to you guys.
    Ari is the most impressive one

Glad to hear that the AFTER THE PLAY has been "recovered"
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Congratulations!

I noticed in the index the last chapter is After. Is it the same as the book or is it After the play?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Very nice! Congratulations!

I noticed in the index the last chapter is After. Is it the same as the book or is it After the play?
    Thanks Ari. It's the complete After The Play. The missing section and the section that made the final text as the epilogue (but an early unedited version).

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just read the last 6 pages of this thread and I realized I arrived late to the party.

HOW COOL!!!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Huge congrats, Jon on your part in getting the extra material into The Shining!! I'd rep ya some more but have to spread it around a bit first.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jon. I'm glad you decided to see what you had in time for it to be published. Positive rep for sure!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Jon. I hear you're being published by Cemetery Dance in their edition of The Shining. Congratulations!

Will you sign my copy when it shows up?

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Jon. I hear you're being published by Cemetery Dance in their edition of The Shining. Congratulations!

Will you sign my copy when it shows up?
    +1
    This is just so awesome Jon. Can you give us an idea about the theme of the essay?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jon. Pretty darn cool!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Guys. The essay, if you can call it that, is basically a short introduction to the deleted scenes section. I have written a couple of sentences about my collecting, how I came to acquire the manuscript and the history of the manuscript and 'After The Play" or all that I know about them, which is not much!.

Alan, I will gladly deface your expensive Shining books.

Off to the Joe Hill signing shortly! Yay!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Enjoy your time with Joe, Jon!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Enjoy your time with Joe, Jon!
    Thanks Michael. Will do.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I went to see Joe Hill again in Birmingham at the Waterstones store. Great evening with the usual format; a reading from the book, the Kazoo orchestra, Q&A session and a signing. I bought three 1st/1st there to get personalised, one for me and two for members. I also took a couple of proofs and postcards. I only arrived 10 minutes before the event started so I was seated near to back, so no kazoo for me. But as I was at the back I was only fourth in line for the signing.

Joe Hill - The Fireman - UK 1st/1st HB - Inscribed and signed

I took a couple of proofs as well for Joe to sign. I would like to think the UK Proof is the only one signed! I like the way he signed and dated the British way!

Joe Hill - The Fireman - UK Advance Uncorrected Proof - Signed (Pictured with a promo bookmark - the flipside).

Joe Hill - Tales From The Darkside Scriptbook - US Pre-production Galley - Signed

Finally, a couple of promo postcards. I think it was really cool the way he wrote a postcard greeting message on the back as well as signing them.

Joe Hill - The Fireman - UK Promo postcards - Signed and inscribed (Pictured with the promo bookmark - front side).

Also, a couple of photos of me with Joe.

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection : jonp

Great pictures Jon and nice work on the signed books. The signed UK proof is great. I haven't seen another one signed. Love the postcards. Congratulations!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You have had an amazingly cool run my friend. I love the signed proof. Very happy for you. Great pic!!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant, Jon. Congratulations!

Glasgow & Edinburgh for me tomorrow!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Great pictures Jon and nice work on the signed books. The signed UK proof is great. I haven't seen another one signed. Love the postcards. Congratulations!
    Thanks Paul. This one might look very familiar to you soon. He signed all three copies differently, 'stay cool', 'flammably' and 'warmly'.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    You have had an amazingly cool run my friend. I love the signed proof. Very happy for you. Great pic!!!
    Thanks Jeff. Of my own books it was the UK proof that I really wanted signed.

Brilliant, Jon. Congratulations!

Glasgow & Edinburgh for me tomorrow!
    Thanks Alan. Twice in one day! I was considering going to the Nottingham event as well on Saturday but it's quite a journey. I hope you have a great time. I will be congratulating you in a day or two in your collection thread.
    Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:16 AM.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While I was at the Joe Hill, I thought I might get a couple of these. As Joe said last night 'it's by a young up-and-coming writer whose new book was also released today'.

Stephen King - End Of Watch - UK 1st/1st HB

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:16 AM.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jon. That one with my name on it is my favorite for some reason.

Let's hope that young up-and-coming author takes off.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

C O N G R A T S Jon !!!
    Great new stuff !!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Glasgow Waterstone's signing in the afternoon, Jon and talk and signing in Blackwell's Edinburgh in the evening. I live almost slap bang between the 2 cities so it's ideal.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice End of Watch too by the way. Holly has kept mine for Fathers Day I've been told lol.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    C O N G R A T S Jon !!!
    Great new stuff !!
    Thanks Frank.

Yeah Glasgow Waterstone's signing in the afternoon, Jon and talk and signing in Blackwell's Edinburgh in the evening. I live almost slap bang between the 2 cities so it's ideal.
    Nice End of Watch too by the way. Holly has kept mine for Fathers Day I've been told lol.
    Thanks Alan. Have a great time.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great pics, great new prides and joys. Looks like a day to remember, Jon!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got so caught up in posting the Joe Hill event that I almost forgot it's Wednesday again.

Rare Proof Wednesday Part 10: This is one of the favourites of my new proofs. This must be my favourite King novel and one of my favourite stories of all time. There are thought to be about 200 copies of this proof produced.

Proof #97 - Stephen King - The Stand (Complete and Uncut) - US Advance Uncorrected Proof

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 165 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast