Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I'll leave it to the experts but the type font and hand made corrections look exactly like those in the Second Coming original manuscript. Does it include Before The Play? Pictures of the TOC along with the front matter would provide more insight. Very cool item for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Neat item! Unless someone intimate with the project chimes in, it will be very hard to figure out exactly what this is. Simply being a photocopy of "The Shine" manuscript is pretty cool.
    Thanks Guys. It is a very interesting item. Seeing the corrections that were written in is especially cool.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I'll leave it to the experts but the type font and hand made corrections look exactly like those in the Second Coming original manuscript. Does it include Before The Play? Pictures of the TOC along with the front matter would provide more insight. Very cool item for sure.
    Neat item! Unless someone intimate with the project chimes in, it will be very hard to figure out exactly what this is. Simply being a photocopy of "The Shine" manuscript is pretty cool.
    Thanks Guys. It is a very interesting item. Seeing the corrections that were written in is especially cool.
    To me the most interesting aspect would be to determine the differences between the manuscript and the published version. Deleted or differently rendered scenes, similar to what were included in the Centipede Press limited edition of 'Salem's Lot, would be fascinating to read.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

When Chris Cavalier sold his collection in 2006 (hard to believe that was already 10 years ago) there was this item listed for sale:

"Photocopy of the manuscript called The Shine in binder from Ziegler Associates, LA. 527 pages." He had it listed for $700.

I always regretted not buying it but I bought so much other stuff from that collection that I had to draw the line somewhere. I agree that the corrections are cool and from the one example you showed I am pretty certain it is King's writing.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jon. That's a very interesting item. Also good to know that background information from Bob.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To me the most interesting aspect would be to determine the differences between the manuscript and the published version. Deleted or differently rendered scenes, similar to what were included in the Centipede Press limited edition of 'Salem's Lot, would be fascinating to read.
    One day I will have to compare the texts and see if there are any differences.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    When Chris Cavalier sold his collection in 2006 (hard to believe that was already 10 years ago) there was this item listed for sale:

"Photocopy of the manuscript called The Shine in binder from Ziegler Associates, LA. 527 pages." He had it listed for $700.

I always regretted not buying it but I bought so much other stuff from that collection that I had to draw the line somewhere. I agree that the corrections are cool and from the one example you showed I am pretty certain it is King's writing.
    Thanks for the information, Bob. Very interesting. It's probably not the same copy as it has no binder, but a bargain at £75 as compared to $700 10 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congratulations Jon. That's a very interesting item. Also good to know that background information from Bob.
    Thanks Paul. Very nice item to have. Just wish it was in better shape.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Jon! Did you buy the copy that was on ebay.co.uk?
    VERY COOL!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    VERY COOL!!!!
    Thanks Matt. Yes, it was off eBay.co.uk, I forget when but may have been about 6 months ago.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a very cool one to have, Jon. Congrats!

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jon, very nice collection!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    That's a very cool one to have, Jon. Congrats!
    Thanks Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    Congrats Jon, very nice collection!
    Thanks Kevin.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    VERY COOL!!!!
    Thanks Matt. Yes, it was off eBay.co.uk, I forget when but may have been about 6 months ago.
    That's great you got it Jon, thanks for sharing!!!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Manuscript-style items are not my cup of tea but something as old as this is definitely worth owning, photocopy or not. Congratulations!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Manuscript-style items are not my cup of tea but something as old as this is definitely worth owning, photocopy or not. Congratulations!
    Thanks Michael. I'm just enjoying finding out what was edited for the final draft.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I step away from the site for a long weekend getaway and look what I miss--Wow! Great pickup. Totally envious and happy for you simultaneously.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    I step away from the site for a long weekend getaway and look what I miss--Wow! Great pickup. Totally envious and happy for you simultaneously.
    Thanks Jeff.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Fascinating work. Interesting comparison. You have much more patience and diligence than I do.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

good stuff Jon. Weird, but parts of those deleted scenes I am sure I have read before. Specifically the "Big Hot" and the fire trucks parts. I could be imagining it, but it seemed VERY familiar.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    good stuff Jon. Weird, but parts of those deleted scenes I am sure I have read before. Specifically the "Big Hot" and the fire trucks parts. I could be imagining it, but it seemed VERY familiar.
    Thanks All.

Simon, I may have mistaken that it was not in the book. It may have been put in a different location in the text. Maybe someone could confirm.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks All.

Simon, I may have mistaken that it was not in the book. It may have been put in a different location in the text. Maybe someone could confirm.
    I checked my eBook copy (makes searching faster ) nope, no mention of the fire trucks or the scalding scenes. Maybe I'm getting old...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great work there Jon. I don't know if I would have the patience to go through it like that.

Now where's RPW? I've been looking forward to the rare UK proof you mentioned.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Fascinating work. Interesting comparison. You have much more patience and diligence than I do.
    Thanks Bob.

Thanks All.

I checked my eBook copy (makes searching faster ) nope, no mention of the fire trucks or the scalding scenes. Maybe I'm getting old...
    Thanks for checking Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Great work there Jon. I don't know if I would have the patience to go through it like that.

Now where's RPW? I've been looking forward to the rare UK proof you mentioned.
    Thanks Paul. I have completely forgotten it was Wednesday. I'll get on that now!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rare Proof Wednesday Part 9

This one was an incidental find while buying another proof. The dealer had only just received this book and I grabbed it straight away. I have never seen a copy for sale and I don't think one's been up for sale for a very long time (I don't recall seeing one at the recent Betts proof sales). There are only 77 numbered copies of this proof.

Proof #96 - Stephen King - Full Dark No Stars - UK Advance Uncorrected Proof - Limited Numbered 22/77

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:29 AM.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad I reminded you! And this would be one of those I-hate-you-congratulations moments! Good one there Jon. I too have never seen one for sale. Big congratulations!

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting proof, congrats!

Very nice! The last one I saw was 2/14 on eBay. The last one prior to that was 12/10 by Simon at Fantastic Literature. I think those are the only ones I have seen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast