Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 165 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection : jonp

Hi All,

I am new to the board but have been a Stephen King and other authors book collector (Dean Koontz, Clive Barker, Joe Hill, James Herbert and Peter Straub) since Gerald's Game in 1992. I have looked at all the impressive book collections on this thread and I decided to start my own. I have concentrated on UK Hardback firsts (and US hardback 1st if no available UK version) and then moved on to S/L and the occasional lettered. Over the last 23 years my collection has expanded needing lots of new bookcases in their own room which are overflowing!! Hate to think how much I have spent in that period.
    All the best
    Jon

Last edited by jonp; 07-11-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Jon. Always great to see another UK collector. Looks to be a fantastic collection you have!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Jon,

Awespme cases, and from what I can see, awesome collection.
    Love to see some books up close!

sk

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Guys,
    Couple photos of my UK firsts (and some US firsts)

Last edited by jonp; 07-11-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome indeed!
    Especially those on the top shelf - left!

sk

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Awesome indeed!
    Especially those on the top shelf - left!

sk
    Thanks. I slowly got them and in best condition I could. They have never been read as far as I can tell.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

UK Limiteds and US firsts (some signed) and comics.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

US Signed Limiteds and some other Limiteds

Last edited by jonp; 05-17-2014 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Bad photos

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

US Lettereds

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

GREAT collection! I love your UK editions - you haven't neglected the variant editions either as far as I can tell (like the Nightmares and Dreamscapes states with different DJ prices, Rose Madder et cetera). Lovely condition as well.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My most prized UK firsts (The Stand I only got last week - a little wear and a small tear on the front of the dust jacket but very happy)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Nice collection. That looks to be one of the best UK Carrie's that I have seen.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful looking collection. I love the bookcases as well. Well done.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Jon, those are simply fantastic! I envy you.

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy Hidden Collections Batman! That is awesome.
    I have been trying to round out my UK 1sts recently but only have 2 of the early 5. Yours are in wonderful condition!

Did you get that Night Shift from eBay last week? The one that was really low until the last minute and then went for £415?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Holy Hidden Collections Batman! That is awesome.
    I have been trying to round out my UK 1sts recently but only have 2 of the early 5. Yours are in wonderful condition!

Did you get that Night Shift from eBay last week? The one that was really low until the last minute and then went for £415?
    Thanks,
    No, I did not bid, but I was watching it. I bought my copies of Salem's Lot, Night Shift and Danse Macabre a few years ago at, I think, from mansionhousebooks.com. They were in almost as new condition.
    Jon

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Greg Hurlstone had a wonderful collection. Unfortunately I did not yet collect (in the true sense of the word) when he started selling. Great guy to deal with and bomb-proof packaging!
    Last edited by biomieg; 11-11-2015 at 07:32 AM.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some later UK firsts

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Desperation Don Maitz Original Watercolour

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Couple of pamphlets

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive collection, Wow !!
    The UK Carrie is absolutely amazing.
    Welcome to the collection thread jonp.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Impressive indeed.

I know not a lot of people are into them, but those UK limited editions look really nice. I always thought their design had a timeless, classy look.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

"A couple of pamphlets" !?!

Those are awesome!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    "A couple of pamphlets" !?!

Those are awesome!

John
    Hi John
    Thanks. I wish they were the real thing - but alas only the unsigned proofs.
    Jon

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Amazing collection! And those bookcases are wonderful. I love me some beautiful bookcases!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 165 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast