Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 165 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Ooohhh! Very nice. Needless to say, I have never even heard of this one. Well done.
    Thanks Jeff. This is a new for me as well. I didn't realise what I had bought until I opened the parcel.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Very cool Jon. Great find there. I've never seen that proof with yellow edges. Must be really scarce. Congratulations!
    Thanks Paul. It would interesting to know how many of these are out there.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Does the yellow "spray" on the edges bleed in to the pages, or is it just a nature of the page stock they used?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jon!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful !!! I don't have either of the UK proofs (yet...)

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Does the yellow "spray" on the edges bleed in to the pages, or is it just a nature of the page stock they used?
    The spray does not bleed into the page edges, but it does not seem the best paper stock. The photos don't do the vibrant colour of the yellow justice. It's a very bright yellow a bit like the colour they paint the front end of trains over here. Almost Day-Glo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice, Jon!
    Thanks Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Beautiful !!! I don't have either of the UK proofs (yet...)
    Thanks Shac. I hope you find one soon!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rare Proof Wednesday Week 20 - A big thanks goes to Michael for making this proof (Productions pages) available and for his awesome packing and quick dispatch. This next proof is a laser print-out of The New Lieutenant's Rap that was used during the production of the chapbook. There are annotations in red ink by an employee of Stinehour Press, Lunenburg, Vermont. The pages are designated with the words 'rough' and 'smooth' to indicate which side of the two-sided paper should be used on which page. The publisher wanted facing pages to show the same texture. On the front page of the proof there are two different samples on the cover material attached. I have photographed these with the finished unsigned proof to show the difference in shades. These pages came from Michael Alpert's personal files and include a signed covering letter.

Proof #119 - Stephen King - The New Lieutenant's Rap - US Unbound Printers Proof

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 05:22 AM.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Always amazing!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As I pick myself up off the floor, Congratulations! No words. Double Wow!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I realize the details are removed from the letter but was wondering if it's known who Michael Alpert sent this to.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Jon. I was wondering would snatch this up from Michael. I also dig the sprayed edge Fireman.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jon, first of all congrats on obtaining a copy of the UK Fireman proof ! I'd expected them show up more regularly on the secondary market as the white paged version is still missing in my collection.

Gollancz created two different versions of the proof. The white paged one is the 'regular' version. The yellow paged one is the proof that was sent out to select Waterstones stores and is more rare, approximately less than 350 copies. Overall Gollancz made a lot less proofs of The Fireman.
    So, there are even different versions of the proof of this title

Since we're on the subject, Gollancz also made two different promotional postcards. I've seen the Camp Wyndham one on Ebay a couple of times but there's also one of Martha Quinn's Island
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I realize the details are removed from the letter but was wondering if it's known who Michael Alpert sent this to.
    It was sent to the collector that sold the unsigned NLR to me a couple of years ago. I sold the NLR to a member here but kept the letter and printout - until now. Glad to hear it arrived safely, Jon!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Jon, first of all congrats on obtaining a copy of the UK Fireman proof ! I'd expected them show up more regularly on the secondary market as the white paged version is still missing in my collection.

Gollancz created two different versions of the proof. The white paged one is the 'regular' version. The yellow paged one is the proof that was sent out to select Waterstones stores and is more rare, approximately less than 350 copies. Overall Gollancz made a lot less proofs of The Fireman.
    So, there are even different versions of the proof of this title

Since we're on the subject, Gollancz also made two different promotional postcards. I've seen the Camp Wyndham one on Ebay a couple of times but there's also one of Martha Quinn's Island
    Thanks for the information, Marco. I suspected the sprayed one was for Waterstones. I'm surprised that the possible print run is up to 350 as they seem very scarce. I haven't seen many UK proofs at all for sale, I think I've only seen 4-5 for sale including the two I have bought.
    I'll have to keep an eye out for the Martha Quinn's Island Promo card. I haven't heard on that before. Another Fireman item to get!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Always amazing!
    Thanks Ari.

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Wow
    Thanks Shac.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    As I pick myself up off the floor, Congratulations! No words. Double Wow!!
    Thanks Jeff. I hope you didn't hurt yourself.

Thanks Paul. Their name is totally obliterated so it's unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Very cool Jon. I was wondering would snatch this up from Michael. I also dig the sprayed edge Fireman.
    Thanks Dan. One of the benefits on living in the same time zone as our European mainland friends!

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    It was sent to the collector that sold the unsigned NLR to me a couple of years ago. I sold the NLR to a member here but kept the letter and printout - until now. Glad to hear it arrived safely, Jon!
    Thanks again Michael. Great item - very pleased with my new P&J.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!

I think there must be some misunderstanding about the print run for the yellow sprayed proof. If there were 350 out there then I would expect more on the market.

The NLR items are very cool. I think you did well in acquiring them since you really appreciate them. I appreciate you sharing them. I think Michaël did well in placing them with you too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Very, very nice!

I think there must be some misunderstanding about the print run for the yellow sprayed proof. If there were 350 out there then I would expect more on the market.
    This is obviously not the thread to debate this... Would like to add though that I got that info from a reliable source i.e. Straight from Gollancz

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!

This is obviously not the thread to debate this... Would like to add though that I got that info from a reliable source i.e. Straight from Gollancz
    I'm not saying you are wrong Marco. I'm just puzzled as to why more haven't appeared.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!

The NLR items are very cool. I think you did well in acquiring them since you really appreciate them. I appreciate you sharing them. I think Michaël did well in placing them with you too.
    Thanks Brian. It's one to cherish as I really like these rare production items.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!

Marco, did Gollancz let you know how many of the white page proofs were producing. I too, wonder where all these copies have gone. I wonder if only a few were sent out and they're sitting on the rest.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SUPERKLASSE JON !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Very, very nice!

Marco, did Gollancz let you know how many of the white page proofs were producing. I too, wonder where all these copies have gone. I wonder if only a few were sent out and they're sitting on the rest.
    Jon, I'm afraid Gollancz wasn't able to provide me with that info. They informed me that they made about 350 yellow sprayed ones and that was a limited number, so there are more white paged copies. It's quite a mystery why any of these UK proofs rarely show up on the secondary market.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    SUPERKLASSE JON !!!
    Thanks Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Very, very nice!

Jon, I'm afraid Gollancz wasn't able to provide me with that info. They informed me that they made about 350 yellow sprayed ones and that was a limited number, so there are more white paged copies. It's quite a mystery why any of these UK proofs rarely show up on the secondary market.
    Thanks again for the information, Marco. Yes, it's a mystery.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't updated my non-proof collection for a while. As I have been mostly been concentrating on my proofs I only have a few smaller items. The first two are from Michael's recent sales sales - thanks again, Michael. (I wish I could work out how to get an umlaut on my computer - I have googled it and nothing has worked yet! Sorry for constantly spelling your name wrong!)

Stephen King - Marvel's Bizarre Adventures - The Lawnmower Man - US 1st PB

Stephen King - Nightmares And Dreamscapes (Suffer The Little Children) - US Promotional Sampler

Stephen King - End Of Watch - UK 1st/1st Airport TPB

Justin Cronin - The City Of Mirrors - UK Promotional Postcard

Joe Hill - The Fireman - UK 'PS Publishing' Preview Sampler

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

Just copy and paste from his signature: Michaël

+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 165 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast