Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 165 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your a proof collecting machine brother!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Your a proof collecting machine brother!
    Lol! I must admit I'm collecting little else these days.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rare Proof Wednesday Part 5

This proof appears to have been used in-house for corrections from Page 300 to the end of the book. There are lined sections in the margins, spelling corrections and notes of the corrections written on the back cover. After that it was used as a nice coaster. A very nice rare US proof.

Proof #91 - Stephen King - Danse Macabre - US Advance Uncorrected Proof

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:44 AM.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More Wednesday awesomeness. Unreal.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Another nice addition to your proof collection. It won't be long now before you reach the '100' mark!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    More Wednesday awesomeness. Unreal.
    Thanks Antoni.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Another nice addition to your proof collection. It won't be long now before you reach the '100' mark!
    Thanks Michael. I believe I am now at 98.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jon. A rare one for sure. It would be interesting to see some of the pages with corrections and the back cover.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congrats Jon. A rare one for sure. It would be interesting to see some of the pages with corrections and the back cover.
    Thanks Paul. I'll try and get some photos up later went I get home from work.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You are on a roll, Jon! You have discovered a treasure trove of rare proofs. Congratulations!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple photographs of corrections and notes of the back cover mostly relating to p.317. - notes say "CT TV shows - Dead Zone - p-317 - also did DC Post - Who? Late (crossed out) c. Aug 79."
    Most of the other notations are relating to pages with corrections.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    You are on a roll, Jon! You have discovered a treasure trove of rare proofs. Congratulations!
    Thanks Jeff. It certainly feels like I've found a treasure trove!
    Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jon. Interesting to see.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rare Proof Wednesday Part 6

This edition of Six Stories was needed to check proofs of the book during various design, printing and binding operations. After the S/L was distributed 28 proof copies were found. In order to differentiate them from the S/L they were designated as a proof copy and numbered in small roman numerals. They are identical to the S/L in every way (apart the numbering system) including being signed by Stephen King.

Proof #92 - Stephen King - Six Stories - US Signed Proof copy - ix / xxviii

With the S/L

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:39 AM.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jon. Very nice. I never even knew a proof of this existed!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome proof, Jon! A very rare item indeed. Congratulations!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Congratulations Jon. Very nice. I never even knew a proof of this existed!
    Thanks Alan. It was quite a while before I realised there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Awesome proof, Jon! A very rare item indeed. Congratulations!!!
    Thanks Tim. Yes, it certainly is a nice one to have.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jon! That's a really nice one to have in a proof collection.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dude... you must have most of these now!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jon! That's a really nice one to have in a proof collection.
    Thanks Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Dude... you must have most of these now!
    Not even close Kris, I don't think I'm even halfway yet. There's a couple of hundred of them!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet find and score, Jon!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Sweet find and score, Jon!
    Thanks Brian.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rare Proof Wednesday Part 7

This proof is now one of my favourite proofs. This scarce UK proof has the standard light blue covers and is in pristine condition especially for being 33 years old!! It is also one of my favourite classic King books.

Proof #93 - Stephen King - Christine - UK Advance Uncorrected Book Proof

A laid-in Hodder & Stoughton 'with compliments' slip.

A copy with a DJ and a copy without DJ

BTW if anyone is interested in the DJ-less copy on the right, just PM me for photos; has a couple of creases to the front cover through the title and closed tear on spine mid-distance which appears to have been damaged in production prior to gluing.
    Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic Jon, love it. Just to clarify, are you saying some originally came with a DJ??

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic Jon, love it. Just to clarify, are you saying some originally came with a DJ??
    Thanks Antoni, I think they all came with the DJ. It's just a 1st edition DJ that has been folded differently, so the bottom edge is folded over by an inch or so and the lettering on the spine is partially off the spine onto the rear cover. I think many have been lost over the years or discarded due to damage - I have another DJ for the proof but the wear is so significant the flaps are almost separated!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Thanks Antoni, I think they all came with the DJ. It just a 1st edition DJ that has been folded differently, so the bottom edge is folded over by an inch or so and the lettering on the spine is partially off the spine onto the rear cover. I think many have been lost over the years or discarded due to damage - I have another DJ for the proof but the wear is so significant the flaps are almost separated!!
    Fascinating, thanks Jon.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The dj on your UK Christine proof is the best I have seen. They usually have significant wear at the spine ends because of the way they were folded to fit the smaller proof. Very nice!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 165 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast