Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
Ahh that's very cool, Jon. Always good to find one with your name on it! I was the same as yourself by the way. King and Herbert were the first 2 authors I read in the genre and I was hooked!
I travelled down to Birmingham in 2012 for the ASH signing in Waterstone's. First time I got to meet the great man. He was really, really nice as well. Signed for hours that night. He signed 3 books for me and happily posed for a picture as well as having a warm chat with me too. He's sadly missed.
Unfortunately, I never got to meet him, saying that I have never met any authors at all! Ewan McGregor, Rowan Atkinson and many racing drivers!
I was watching an old episode of Not The Nine O Clock News on UK Gold last night funnily enough! LOVE Rowan Atkinson. Big Blackadder fan too! The only 2 authors I've met are James Herbert and Stephen King (Paris signing last year). If I could have picked two it would have been those 2 so I'm a happy man. Although Joe Hill did a signing in Edinburgh for NOS4A2 that I missed and I'm still kicking myself!! Half an hour away!

Any way my apologies for derailing your collection thread, Jon. Keep the pics coming. You have an amazing collection.