Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 165 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also agree that Black House can be read as a standalone book. Yes, there are a few references to events in The Talisman, but they are not integral to the story of Black House.

John

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I also agree that Black House can be read as a standalone book. Yes, there are a few references to events in The Talisman, but they are not integral to the story of Black House.

John
    Thanks John, I will definitely have to read it next!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    That's good to know... these are on my list to read and was always planning on reading The Talisman first. I'll probably still do that anyway...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

John
    Thanks John, I will definitely have to read it next!!
    Absolutely!! You can get by just reading a synopsis of "The Talisman". "The Talisman is a great book, but I like BH even better. There is a heavier "DT" tie in and it is a faster and more interesting story imho. You'll love it I am sure!!

I was always mystified why, King didn't include the events of BH and even Jack, into TDT VII. Maybe because he wrote it together with, Straub?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bill

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I received another unbound CD proof today, 5 down 3 to go!

Stephen King - The Dark Man - US CD Unbound Inter-office Proof (1st Proof)

EDIT: Unfortunately this proof was found to have been fake. I have removed the photos but can be viewed below.
    Unfortunately, the other statement needs to change - still 4 down 4 to go!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jon!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, congratulations on the unbound proof, Jon!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a warning for prospective and past buyers of CD's unbound proofs from ebay.

I was the highest bidder of an auction for The Dark Man Unbound earlier in the month from UK seller ashkent7. What arrived was not what was pictured in the auction photographs. This was obviously a scanned and copy of the original.

The differences of the copy were as follows:
    1). All the CD unbound proofs should be all the same size (as confirmed by John Hanic and Brian @ CD), they should be printed on 8 1/2" x 11 sized paper. This is the only sized paper CD are using in their office. The unbound copy that arrived was A4 sized ( 8 1/4" x 11 2/3").

2). The printing quality was inferior compared to the CD versions with transfer of wet ink from opposing pages and there was leaching of ink through the paper.

3). The drawings of the copy were not central to the page as with the proper CD proof due to the differing size of paper. The right hand side margin was disproportionally wider as a result.

These are some photos of the copy

I know of at least one other member than myself that has bought a copy of The Dark Man unbound proof from this seller as a second chance offer (due to my apparent non-payment!)
    So if anybody else has purchased one from this seller check it very carefully.

I just hope that this unpleasant occurrence does not discourage Brian and the rest of the team at CD from offering them in the future, as I enjoy owning my other copies and really find them interesting. I don't know if future copies could be marked with marker with a unique number similar to the Secretary of Dreams bound proofs on the page edges?

I will also be posting this in the eBay bullshit and my Collection threads for maximum coverage!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    This is a warning for prospective and past buyers of CD's unbound proofs from ebay.

I was the highest bidder of an auction for The Dark Man Unbound earlier in the month from UK seller ashkent7. What arrived was not what was pictured in the auction photographs. This was obviously a scanned and copy of the original.

The differences of the copy were as follows:
    1). All the CD unbound proofs should be all the same size (as confirmed by John Hanic and Brian @ CD), they should be printed on 8 1/2" x 11 sized paper. This is the only sized paper CD are using in their office. The unbound copy that arrived was A4 sized ( 8 1/4" x 11 2/3").

2). The printing quality was inferior compared to the CD versions with transfer of wet ink from opposing pages and there was leaching of ink through the paper.

3). The drawings of the copy were not central to the page as with the proper CD proof due to the differing size of paper. The right hand side margin was disproportionally wider as a result.

These are some photos of the copy

I know of at least one other member than myself that has bought a copy of The Dark Man unbound proof from this seller as a second chance offer (due to my apparent non-payment!)
    So if anybody else has purchased one from this seller check it very carefully.

I just hope that this unpleasant occurrence does not discourage Brian and the rest of the team at CD from offering them in the future, as I enjoy owning my other copies and really find them interesting. I don't know if future copies could be marked with marker with a unique number similar to the Secretary of Dreams bound proofs on the page edges?

I will also be posting this in the eBay bullshit and my Collection threads for maximum coverage!
    Did you get to leave negative feedback? Did you contact Ebay and report them?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Wow! Thanks for sharing these Jonp, I thought there were a lot showing up, shame on these people! Maybe we should start a "who owns what thread" to help keep track of the real ones

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry to hear of that but I am really glad you were able to expose a scummy seller.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Did you get to leave negative feedback? Did you contact Ebay and report them?
    Unfortunately, I didn't realise there was a problem until after I left feedback. I'm pretty sure I can't retract feedback. Yes, I put a complaint into eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Wow! Thanks for sharing these Jonp, I thought there were a lot showing up, shame on these people! Maybe we should start a "who owns what thread" to help keep track of the real ones
    Thanks Tommy. Yes, there has been a lot on eBay but the initial surge is now drying up. I think this is the first fake offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of that but I am really glad you were able to expose a scummy seller.
    Thanks!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! These books certainly look much better. Just got these slipcases from Jeff Whiley today. Very nice production that enhances the books beautifully. Big thanks to Jeff and Simon for getting these produced. If anybody's on the fence with these you've gotta get them!

New Slipcases for Dolan's Cadillac 82/1000, Presentation copy for the 1/1000 edition, Deluxe 82/250.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Looks great...

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful, Jon! One day maybe I'll get a copy of Dolan's Cadillac
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats for the supernice slipcases from Jeff !!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!!! Can't wait to get mine!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Very nice! Looks great...
    Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Beautiful, Jon! One day maybe I'll get a copy of Dolan's Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Congrats for the supernice slipcases from Jeff !!!
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Awesome!!! Can't wait to get mine!!
    Thanks Bill. You won't be disappointed. They are a very professional job!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice set Jon!

Glad to hear you are happy with the cases.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Changed my avatar to a photo of me first thing in the morning! I love this painting 'The Judge' by Les Edwards for PS's Thinner. I've been keeping an eye out on Les's website to see if it was going to be up for sale. Unfortunately, when I checked again it was listed but it was already sold. Disappointed but save me a lot of money!

I've been trying to severely limit my buying at the moment, hence I haven't updated for a little while. But I did spot something yesterday that I bought and it's now in transit. It's something that I have wanted for a while but I have never seen it up for sale in 20 years of collecting and have only ever seen photos of one copy. I had to go for it - so much for saving money! I will post photos when it arrives.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm... what can it be. No hints?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 165 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast